LOST IN THE ECHO: The Interactive Music Video

Discussion in 'News' started by Zane, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

IMO BITS>> BID and WFTE

2. Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

Cool video and I personally really liked the concept. I have to agree it might have been a little better if there were some shots of the band performing but overall it wasn't a bad video. The whole music video "ft. you" concept was cool and hilarious because of the pictures it chose lol.

3. Amanda

Amanda RIP Chester LPA Super VIP

That's hilarious.

4. Delta Epsilon

Delta Epsilon Active Member

What a load of bullshit, the video won't even fucking play.

Even worse that the band aren't even in it. I don't need all this fancy interactive crap to have a decent video.

5. kelies

kelies Well-Known Member

Anyone else think they just wanted to promote their new single on everyone's timeline? No offense to the band because I would've taken advantage of those 44.7 million followers on facebook too (they're one of the top 10 "liked" artists on facebook). Assuming a couple thousand of the fans there are sharing the app on their facebook, their facebook friends now get to see and hear the new single.

6. CylockDNB

CylockDNB Well-Known Member

That was one of the stupidest videos I've ever watched, especially from LP. Seriously, wtf? I mean, yeah the idea was kind of cool but how the fuck am I supposed to take it seriously when there are people (disturbingly) crying and screaming over some very non-serious and almost silly pictures of my FOOD AND FRIENDS? Seriously, I get how it was supposed to happen, but Mike, if this is such a serious and emotional song/video, why the hell do you think it's great if funny pictures come up? Seriously, seeing those old ladies and dudes crying on full screen with lots of detail was fucking horrifying, only to make it worse by realizing they were crying over a picture of food. Idk, this was a really big miss for me but I can't say I was expecting anything too much better. Agh, LP what is wrong with you lately...

7. Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

This x500000. I can't complain, though; the video was really eerie and really deep.

The pictures I had that they chose SOMEWHAT fit the story though. xD

8. CylockDNB

CylockDNB Well-Known Member

ANOTHER THING: Where is that hot model that was supposed to be in the video? Instead, we get creepy old people and some weird looking people, no offense.

9. Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

Carly Francavilla? She's the only young adult girl in the video; she's with the only young adult guy that's NOT the guy with the briefcase (Gino The Ghost). Everyone else are either old or kids.

10. Rezanator

Rezanator Well-Known Member

Video won't even load. I've had it running in the background for about an hour now. Looks like I'm not missing much though from what I'm reading here.

11. DaMU

DaMU Well-Known Member

I was having trouble kicking in the Facebook connect, so I just watched it on Youtube. Yeah, not that good a video, and I seriously doubt my Facebook photos would've garnered anything more than laughs. Problem is that the "story" of the video has a weak build. People make scrunchy faces at pictures for two minutes or so, and then they ash. And if there's a useful connection to the adolescent vagaries of the song, I'm not seeing it.

The initial music video triptych for Thousand Suns was a cool approach: "The Catalyst" as post-nuke, "Burning in the Skies" as pre-nuke, "Waiting for the End" as moment of impact. Romanek's work on "Faint" was strong, and Hahn made the "Points of Authority" robot/alien battle a cartoony blast. Apart from that, I've thought Hahn was adequate with his vids and little more. I do give him credit for not crutching on too-fast editing or cutting on the beat.

I'm shocked that Minus/Kacy liked "Leave Out All the Rest." That video was dull dull dull. An unsinpired ripoff of Sunshine that hints at a narrative, with the warning bells and all...and then they just gather in front of the Sun for an arbitrary curtain call. Ugh. Give me a fucking break.

12. lpxerotheoryfan

lpxerotheoryfan Can you do it like this?

I was really excited for the video, but then I watched it and was highly disappointed. It would've been more interesting if the band was in it. When it said "interactive" I thought it was going to allow us to choose around with things or something, not just watch people look at polaroids of random FB pictures. Half of the pictures it chose for me didn't even make sense. I don't know..maybe I should try again but all in all I thought the video was dumb.

13. A_perfect_sky

A_perfect_sky ~Everything happens for a reason~

I've watched the video a couple of hours ago and I felt quite disappointed about it: I didn't expect that concept at all. I've seen that before on Facebook, it's not new! It didn't surprise me...Perhaps the idea of the interaction was good but not like this. I was waiting other online interaction (maybe, some kind of "request of something" or a puzzle, but not this). Sorry, but this time I can't agree with Mike nor the band I din't like it...although the video has some very good points (the acting is great and so the effects!) I didn't understand it and I really don't know what they wanted to portray: I couln't feel the lyrics on the music video, I mean I couldn't connect with the song. Don't get me wrong, Lost In The Echo is awesome and the effects of the video are great as I said it before but I was hoping a completely different thing...As a matter of fact when the video finished my reaction was: -Where on earth is the band?!!! Come on!!!

One thing is for sure about this music video: it creates polarized opinions: some of you loved the video and some of you hated it. I don't hate it nor I love it, I simply don't like it.

14. Rezanator

OK I just watched it on Youtube and that was worse than the movie Battleship. And that's saying something. Bunch of people standing around crying supposed to resonate with the viewers...Bleh can't even think of anything bad to say right now. LP have to seriously reconsider how they create their music videos. BID was bad and this one is trash.

15. Avo

Avo Don't Stop Running

Lol I think people care too much about music videos. Just reading these reactions are hilarious though.

16. RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

I think it was fine that the band wasn't shown playing; it would have distracted you from the main point of the story, which was fantastic. To me, I think it's trying to say not to let your past consume you and dictate what you do, but don't try to escape it.

17. Rezanator

Seriously, I don't care about music videos. You can go back and look at my posts and see that the last LP music video that I really liked was WFTE. That was different and got the point of the song across for me.

18. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

I haven't been able to load the video yet, but I've got to say, based on all the comments I've seen...why the fuck do so many people post pictures of food on facebook?

19. deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

Having problems with getting it to load on both IE and FF.

Chrome loads it but it lags horribly.

:(

20. Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

HAHAHAHA. Good Question. I'd say just wait till tomorrow when the server is less stressed.