BTH, a cover for something bigger?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Anthony., Jan 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Toast

Toast Ambient

maybe they actually finished A.06 and made a video for it ^_^

KrwlngFromTheInside

KrwlngFromTheInside Well-Known Member

Um, not to be an ass, but that's not part of a song. That's Chester screaming in frustration when he messed up while recording "Figure.09"

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

Um, not to be an ass, but that's not part of a song. That's Chester screaming in frustration when he messed up while recording "Figure.09" [/b][/quote]
    :lol:

I love this poster. And his sig.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

I'm going to build upon my theory by backing up what I and other people had previously said.

I believe the next single will be a remix of Breaking The Habit with harder guitars, at least. Maybe Mike will sing on it because he wrote it. I can at least see him singing backround vocals. The fact that a song so personal to Mike has been talked about being made a single makes no sense to me, but I'm guessing he just wants to help others with similar thoughts/sentiments. To preserve the hard rock image of Linkin Park, they will add the guitars so it isn't interpreted as "Nsync talking about real issues" by the general populus (not saying that I think it is poppy, that can't be farther from the truth, but my friends who've listened to "Meteora" have mentioned that it sounds poppy, thus the general populus comment). Band members have said that a Meteora remix album will not happen because it's too much work, but it has been said that remixes may and will be made, just not a full album of them. Could this be some foreshadowing by the band? Have they had this planned all this time? The fact that they're being tight-lipped about it wouldn't make much sense if it was just Breaking the Habit from Meteora, because that's not that big of a deal. A surprise is in the works, I think.

Lets look at the facts:
    01: "Breaking The Habit" has been interpreted as a song about the addiction of self-mutilation or suicide. The song talk about how the main character wants to end this addiction on that night because he's sick of it. Could this be an ending to his life or just "the habit"? There's been many theories on this. The fact that a song like this could be released to radios and will be heard by millions of impressionable youth could point alot of fingers at Linkin Park. To avoid this, maybe they switch some lyrics or add a new verse or two. Remember, the "Crawling" video was supposed to have a much darker ending but Warner made them change the ending to a happier ending. The ending could've led to the girl killing herself or her abuser, now that's pretty racy and controversial.

02: "Breaking The Habit" has none of the trademark crunching guitar riffs. In fact, BTH almost has no audible guitars unless you closely pay attention. Warner and Linkin Park have a formula. Catchy, rocky singles. This one's catchy enough, why not make it rocky? LP would get more respect for a rock song which has the amazing lyrics of BTH. Au lieu of a song that can be mistaken as poppy. Again, I don't think it's poppy, others do, and those ar ethe ones who ar eborderline on buying LP's albums or hating them to bits.

03: The remix factor. Again, remixes have been talked about and alluded to. Why else would Warner and LP be so secretive? It's not a big deal to say the song is from "Meteora". What if the remix was for an upcoming huge movie's soundtrack? Generally, record companies lend their artists music to movies from their family of networks. The Matrix Reloaded was from Warner Bros, "Sessions" appeared on the soundtrack. Other Warner artists like P.O.D ended up on that soundtrack. The song may be a remix for a soundtrack.

When I went to WarnerBros.com to check out the upcoming movies, I noticed:

A: "Troy", the highly-awaited blockbuster with Brad Pitt and Colin Farrell (due out in May, a little far away).
    B: "Taking Lives" starring Angelina Jolie and Keifer Sutherland in February. The movie is about a serial killer who has been killing for over twenty years. BTH seems suitable. Any movie with Jolie is a possilbe blockbuster, although I don't see a soundtrack for that movie.
    C: "Spiderman 2" has a huge soundtrack. Although the movie is coming out through Columbia, Warner has lent LP songs to them before. Figure.09 was in S.W.A.T, a columbia production. The last soundtrack was humonguous, why not bring the most popular rock band in to star as the leading singlists? This is what I believe to be the biggest possibility, although it does come out in July, which seems very far away.
    D: "The Punisher". Another movie based on a comic book. These movies generally have big soundtracks (Spiderman, Daredevil). Comes out in April through Artisan, maybe Warner would lend a song to them.

I know that was a long read, but that's my theory.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

eh, I don't think they'll release 'Breaking The Habit' as a single.

I know this is a Linkin Park Fan Forum and whatnot, but come on. All music acts are greedy, I don't care what you say. They'd be taking a big chance releasing this as a single, because it's not what the casual MTV viewer or whatever expects from them.

Depressing song = depressing video. MTV plays rap mainly right now. I can't see this song fitting in with anything on radio or MTV/Fuse/MuchMusic/VH1 etc.

I'm going with 'From The Inside' is the last single off of 'Meteora', and they'll release a single for a soundtrack, and then they're recording after that.

Meh.

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

I like the soundtrack idea, but as long as there are no clips of the movie (whichever one it is) in the music video (sum 41 - What We're All About) or hints of it being related in someway to the movie (corey from slipknot - bother).

$pvcxGhxztCasey

Bother was a Stone Sour song, not Corey Taylor.

yea, he's in the band, but most people just think he sang it by himself without a CD. It's on the Stone Sour CD :p

are you saying Chester will form another band? :lol:

tkd_rap

tkd_rap Banned

ok how about this, how many of you, by show of hands, think that lp will release a never before heard song on a soundtrack before their next album drops, i mean maybe even late in the year, do you think we may hear new material before the first single from the next album hits us like a sack'o'bricks?

Pinkin Lark

Pinkin Lark Prince of Persia.

im sorry for asking this...but what is 'nocturnal' and 'shifter'? i guess i havent read about those 2 songs. im sorry once again :(

Nevermind i found my answer... :whistle:

Omar A

Omar A Beyond Science LPA Super Member

Well we'll hear a song by Proof (D12) and Mike Shinoda soon. It'll be in Proofs new album thats coming out in like March. I believe that song is called "Searching Detriot"

We'll probably also hear a song by DJ Lethal (Limp Bizkit) and Chester. It'll be in Dj Lethals new album that's supposed to come out early this year :mellow:

erasethepain

erasethepain Well-Known Member

Why does Linkin Park have to have "crunchy guitars" to do well? That's basically saying they have to follow the same formula or they won't sell records. What I have always liked about Breaking The Habit is that it really is different from the rest of Meteora. I understand that some people may see it as poppy, but the vocals are nowhere as catchy as "Somewhere I Belong."

This is exciting. I really do hope there is a remix of BTH.

Anya

Anya Lost LPA Super VIP

Maybe they'll make a video for Crawling... :shifty:

$pvcxGhxztCasey

they do have to maintain a forumla. :rolleyes:

they had their chance to change the forumla a bit on Meteora, but they didn't. If they change now, they're ####ed.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

They already did...

Snoo

Snoo Well-Known Member

This is so confusing...but exciting! So many possibilities! Maybe it will be BTH...remember the chat on LP.com with Chester, and someone asked about the next single? As far as I know, he isn't really one to lie, and if he wanted to keep it quiet, then he simply could have ignored the question. Also, they played Breaking the Habit at a concert(I forget which one) after they said they would play their upcoming single that had never been played before.

I still wonder why they're being so secretive. That's why I'm mostly leaning towards a BTH remix. That way, by saying their next single is BTH, they're not lying, but they aren't letting everyone know the "big secret". And almost all of their remixed singles were done differently than the unremixed ones - mostly with computer animation. They said they'll be using hand-drawn animation for this next video. I see a connection :shifty:

Anthony.

Anthony. .Orestes LPA Super VIP

They already did... [/b][/quote]
    Will : I think it was ironic :lol: .

figure9

figure9 Well-Known Member

hmmmm maybe they are going to make a special edition re-release of meteora with the new songs that is the typical greedy record label thing to do

ZeroKun

ZeroKun Active Member

man to bad it isnt april could of said it was an april fools joke for BTH and had a new song >< i still got my hopes damnit! :chemist: o ya does anyone know when the video is going to be realesed sorry for editing X.x

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

no one knows. Expect news of the release sometime after the first of next month.

tkd_rap

tkd_rap Banned

i am sticking with my original assumtion....it will be bth, and nothing more. but...like i said, i hope to God its a new song!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.