Linkin Park Underground 3.0 CD Leaked

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Mcnasty, Jan 4, 2004.

x__x

x__x Well-Known Member

... thats crap... i think this is the lamest stuff LP has ever given us... we already have the tracks from the dvd, and if we want it on cd we could just rip it or sumthing... :angry: they should give us something new! :angry: :angry: :( :( :(

i feel like im riped off...

astora

astora Member

jeez you guys make it sound like LPU suks. i live in australia so it would cost like up to $70 AU for me to join.

and i've also got their unreleased songs and LPU songs except for LPU 3.0 songs. yet to find em ^^"

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

Personally, I think the LPU lost it's 'fanclub' touch. Look at the stuff they throw out. Sure, the LPU merch is cool and all, but when it comes down to the music, the stuff that should matter the most, they blow, now. The stuff they pump out now is just stupid. I mean, what they give us on the CD for LPU 3 are cuts from the CD on LIT? It's good that LPU gets the cut tracks, but there's nothing special like a Hybrid Theory E.P. would. Not to mention that the LPU is now infested with teenies who only care which band member is the 'hottest'. The LPU is supposed to be somewhere where the fans can unite. I think the LPA does a better job with fans than LPU does nowdays. There's not many reasons to be part of the LPU anymore, but I'm part of it because I support the band. I hate going to the LPU forums now, and I personally don't see much reason to be with the LPU. I've been there since the very beginning, and before, in LPU 1.0, the LPU was great. Now it seems like a second-hand LP.com. I'm sorry to say, but that's what it's become.

LP fans aren't stupid. Just take a look at forums and anything LP sets out leaks. Go to EBay and you see that crap up for sale. Any desperate person would just go there. I personally think the LPU needs to give fans their money's worth. I mean, take this for example. This thread is about the LPU 3 CD being leaked. Yet, I got mines a month ago, and well, well, it's been leaked. The extra stuff is great, but really, a fanclub for a band should be about the music, not the extra merch that comes with it. It's the music that should matter and they should give us stuff like the Hybrid Theory E.P. in future years or there is just no reason to be part of the LPU. I'm glad to say I own the Hybrid Theory E.P., even it be a re-release. Now, what, I'm proud of owning a CD with cuts from LIT? I have the DVD-A of LIT, I don't need the cuts, lol...

So yeah, I'm saying the LPU sucks, but I have a right to say it sucks because I've been there from the very beginning and I've seen the club slip down and down. Also, as astora said, it cost so damn much, couldn't they give us a little more for our money, here?!

[/rant]

J-Flex

J-Flex Ambient

lets just hope that the leaked stuff is fake....
    and bigjae no lol i am not william gates :chemist:

Kæton

Trust me, everything released (music wise) is accessible through the internet, lol.

corrupted_authority

corrupted_authority Banned

Agreed Keaton...

I don't understand all the ppl that are winging about ppl that download leaked songs WHO CARES ? Leaking happens if u don't wanna buy the cd, just download em

linktolinkinpark

linktolinkinpark Well-Known Member

I understand and agree with all of you, but, for people who don't have enough money or who have parent's who just don't care (like alot of people who like LP), it's great to be able to download it, but it's still a rip off. Who really give's a **** if it's been leaked out over the internet if people are like i explained. And the reason thing's get leaked aren't because people are just really stupid, it's because they are major fan's who really think about what their doing before they do it, and because they care about other fans. Now this might (and probably will) sound corny but, a fan club is a place for fans to unite and have fun and learn about the band, and when they start to give out merch and stuff, it's because they don't want people to get bored with LP or with the site, so they give you crap if you join, and they give you special offer's. That's how thing's run today, I'm sry to say, but it is. This band rules, and the club is a way to get people to see that and get interested, it can change people's life's, I know they've changed mine.

:mike: :chaz: :joe: :brad: :phoenix: :rob: :chemist:

Don't you people think they should make a smiley for Remy?

Jawsome

Jawsome Well-Known Member

That makes me mad that they purposely excluded some of those songs from Live in Texas just to put it on LPU 3.0. Somehow that seems wrong. Dont stay is sweet live, and so are those other songs, they saved some of the best for their damn LPU cd.

Kæton

I just feel like the LPU is not living up to as they were in 1.0. When the LPU first came out, it offered the Hybrid Theory E.P.; maybe not an original, but it's the CD. As 2.0 rolled around, it was all right. They gave us the Crystal Method remix of Points of Authority, and they gave us Dedicated. The live tracks, I felt, were sort of holders to make the album have more on it. But now it's LPU 3, and they've given us recycled tracks. I'm sad to say, but if this continues, I don't want to be in the LPU. The LPU has turned into another LP.com, and I just don't like it there. I guess I'm one of few who dislike where the LPU has gone now. Oh well. I guess I can't complain, it must be hard digging up stuff for people, but c'mon, not recycled tracks, that's just a huge let down to the fans.

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

What a disapointment, I was going to join, but I'm not paying 32 dollars for a tshirt and calendar (whch is all I want) LPU isn't so great this year. We want to be let in on secrets and b-sides. Not passed off with stuff we already have. Think about it, they're making money off stuff you already bought from them. And if you have a DvD rom, you could have ripped those tracks in an hour or less.

figure9

figure9 Well-Known Member

Can anyone post the track listing, or is this against LPA rules, sorry if it is ??? i just wanna buy it but i wanna know whats on the cd before hand

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

01 Don't Stay (Live In Texas)
    02 Figure.09 (Live In Texas)
    03 With You (Live In Texas)
    04 By Myself (Live In Texas)
    05 A Place For My Head (Live In Texas)

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

No offense to LP but it is NOT hard to dig up stuff for the fans, in fact there was a couple of things they could have released. How about the two definete songs cut from Meteora; "Nocturnal" and "Shifter". Thats two tracks already, then you take the two Meteora demos we already know about "BTH" and "Faint" (which I wouldn't mind having) and then you have four.

Then go back to a very old interview in which Chester clearly stated they recorded 18 tracks for Meteora. Taking away the 13 on the record and the 3 unfinished songs we already know about (A.06, Nocturnal, Shifter) that leaves 2 songs that haven't been named.

That would now take the total tracks up to six. Still following me? Good.

Now throw in some finished Meteora remixes (since Mike said they had done some in the past) and you have one very awesome LPU 3.0 CD. LP had tons of things they could have included, they just chose not to.

linktolinkinpark

linktolinkinpark Well-Known Member

I totally agree with Derek. It really is not that hard to come up with stuff. I mean no offense to LP but as for maneging the underground, it's a disaster. Buying a membership is practicully useless now.

Kæton

Funny thing, though.

A week before LPU 3 launched, my mom bought me the calender that LPU 3 is giving out from Hot Topic. The stickers included, well, some, are just recycled material from the LPST promos. Like everyone's saying, why are we, the fans, who PAY to get their hands on some NEW material, being given recycled material? Every year, the LPU has provided us with something exclusive weither it be the E.P. or some unreleased remix or a cut track, but now, what, a cut from the DVD? I have to wonder if the Live in Texas CD was cut for that purpose. To have something to give to the LPU... Which like Neil said, people could get with no problems.

I honestly don't believe I'll be joining next year if they continue this pattern to give us stuff we probably already have. LP's fans aren't the dumbest of the bunch out there :chemist:.

erasethepain

erasethepain Well-Known Member

There are becoming a million reasons to be disapointed in Linkin Park, and LPU is no exception. Seriously, there's no denying it. The band as a whole is going down the shitter and I honestly don't see how anyone can disagree with me.

You guys also forgot to mention the fact that LPU 2.0 had a Reanimation CD... that was nice considering it wasn't one of the main things you get in the package.

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

DVD-A. And I think that was a bonus for people who were in the LPU the first year. Correct me if my second claim is wrong.

edit:
    <!--QuoteBegin--Mark
    @Jul 20 2003, 06:17 PM
    ...to clear up any confusion, the DVD-A is NOT a part of the LPU 2.0 package. It was a gift sent out to all first year members from Warner as an experimentation on the music format[/quote]

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

[/b][/quote]
    Yep. ;)

Ersatz_tabz

Ersatz_tabz New Member

Hey how do u get Hybrid Theory E P? I'm tryiun 2 get it real soon!

Logan

Logan Well-Known Member

ebay