09.22.2012 - iHeartRadio Music Festival 2012

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Sep 22, 2012.

Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Being a petulant dick is so punk rock.

murphyLP

murphyLP The blood of innocence burning in the skies

I didn't see Aerosmith complaining about their time...
    This Green Day scene was just absurd and childish

frenkie0902

frenkie0902 Well-Known Member

Part 4
    [video=youtube;ocPtRoE__Io]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocPtRoE__Io[/video]

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

My whole view on this whole Green Day thing is that is was staged. Maybe it's because I'm not the biggest Green Day fan in the world, but, I'm just sayin... I think the only reason that he brought up Justin Beiber is because it's concidered cool and hip to hate on him. Especially among their teenage fans who are trying to justify their choice in music as masculine and grown up. I'm getting away from the point. He name dropped Beiber because he knew he would get a rise out of the crowd. Also, I think if he was truly legit about this, the management running the show would have pulled his Mic.

Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

This was done solely to appeal to the kids who think guitar-driven music is the only kind worth listening to.

kelies

kelies Well-Known Member

I wasn't really paying any attention to the other performances. Did anyone else shorten their songs like LP? Did anyone play longer than 30 minutes?

edit: About Green Day, I heard about it the other day and watched it on youtube. I thought it would be a hilarious scenario, but he ended up looking like an arrogant, immature 40 year old man. Respect to Green Day, though.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2012
    Hybrid

Jesus Christ. Could that crowd from the show be anymore fucking dead for Linkin Park?

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Yeah that was my though too. Plus, Billie Joe is now on The Voice as a judge or something. Sorry, but you're not all punk and rebellious when you're working on some shit reality TV "talent" show helping crown the next talentless hack like Justin Beiber. That's not rebelling, that's selling out.

Dekar

Dekar swimmingsmoke LPA VIP

+

kelies

kelies Well-Known Member

Is he really now? That's unbelievable, but then again, it's not as shocking as American Idiot the Musical. I wonder what would happen if Chester joined the Voice, even though he's not really a celebrity...

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Technically "The Voice" is a better show than America's Got Talent/American Idol because when the judges pick their "picks" they aren't seeing the person's face. So it's based solely on vocal ability and not by how they look.

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

He's on there as a mentor for Christina Aguilera actually, either way, regardless on how they find the talent or not, he's still selling out.

Infinity

Infinity *

The dude was probaply on drug, considering he's now in rehab. It might explain his behaviour......http://www.greenday.com/

Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

I watched the Green Day set live. I thought the crowd was dead as shit and BJA was trying to liven it up, but the crowd wasn't a punk crowd. Some of you guys are offended, so I take it that you guys aren't very punk either...

But hey, it got more publicity for Green Day...and maybe next time iHeartRadio will keep shit organized and make sure that nobody gets the shaft. Usher ain't more important than anybody else that performed

WTF?

Nobody knows what selling out is anymore. I guess the definition is now "when ____ is getting paid to do something that I don't like" and it has absolutely nothing to do with the artist and their personal choices/beliefs.

I haven't been a Green Day fan since I was like, 8 years old, but every 4 years you hear about them "selling out" lol

Last edited: Sep 23, 2012
    Hybrid

Or that's their answer for damage control... If he was legitimately getting out of hand, one of the other two in the band should have stepped in and not joined in on wrecking the stage.

hybrid1988

hybrid1988 Fever Daydream

Lol. Who cares? Green Day is bad.

Come at me bros. :chuck:

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

I'm kind of torn on the whole billy Joel thing. Yeah, it was bullshit that they got cut short but he could've handled it so much better. Although maybe not if he was in fact on something. As for Lp I'm not going to waste my time with a festival set. My co worker recorded me the axs tv concert, more worth my time.

RatedRsuperstar0303

RatedRsuperstar0303 Well-Known Member

I personally feel Billy Joe was right. That was set up like an award show rather than a "festival" that they liked to call it. They arent stand up comic they are musicians and if they have 2 or 3 minutes left in a song you don't flash the 1 minute so they can cut down the song. What Billy did was stupid but he totally had a point. He was probably extremely frustrated with the crowd like Mike was last night. Mike was basically mocking the crowd. I personally think that was a terrible situation for both bands. Regardless LP played to the best they could, and holy hellthe back drop during OSC looked SOOOOO ILL!

Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

^

Are you referring to the "Linkin Park sucks" chant he had them do?

RatedRsuperstar0303

RatedRsuperstar0303 Well-Known Member

That and the "i love the way you guys are singing" it came off very sarcastic