LPU 12 Details and Tracklist

Discussion in 'News' started by Hybrid, Nov 16, 2012.

AndreyKamensky

AndreyKamensky hakuna matata

The demos are great! I'm buying it for sure!

street soldier

street soldier Active Member

hey!

Maybe this can help you.

EastGhost

EastGhost Banned

This is easily the best LPU CD they released. My favorite instrumental track from all of the years is still Program though.

Rana LP Luvr

Rana LP Luvr 'Fly me up on a silver wing'

If someone pays attention..Can You get the lyrics ? :D They're all on youtube and i want to know ''Asbestos'' lots of intersting titles by the way :D

Rana LP Luvr

Rana LP Luvr 'Fly me up on a silver wing'

And I know as every single year I want to join but something is stopping me from joining the LPU :'( this is some utter sadness ...I hope i can this year the merchandise package is awesssoomee i'm like :ohno:

EastGhost

EastGhost Banned

My quick review:

As a whole this collection of demos is outstanding. The majority of them fall from the Minutes To Midnight era which is fine by me, but I was a little disappointed to see no A Thousand Suns demos. I wasn't worried about Living Things demos, I mean the album just came out. We've had three installations of LPU since A Thousand Suns was released, so this shocked me. The tracks themselves are awesome. There are two Hybrid Theory demos including Points Of Authority which we get nearly every year, but they are top notch and I liked them.

Favorite tracks: Homecoming, Bunker, Asbestos, Debris
    Least favorite tracks: So Far Away

Remember guys, this is 10 new tracks, on top of the 12 we got 6 months ago. We got 22 new Linkin Park songs this year.

Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

Debris is great!! :)

Does Asbestos had the same ideas to Fire in the city & 21 Stitches? They are closely related in terms of guitar & drums pattern.. OMG!!. :dafuq:

SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

I assume when you say previously you mean the one that starts "Stop the talk show," i.e. the mistakenly named Vertical Limit?

linkinparkluvr224

linkinparkluvr224 Well-Known Member

i might be losing it and i might be getting a little too conspiracy-ish with this right now but

i feel like asbestos mightve been a demo that linkin park looked back at during the making of living things and took inspiration from for victimized. because the two tracks have a lot of similarities. the short, punchy, kick you in the face and leave kind of feeling, the quick tempo. also singing that 'no regret for the confidence betrayed..' part over the verses in asbestos sounds cool.
    i think i specifically remember the guys saying they did look back at really old demos from their catalog while they were making living things to kind of draw in the 'tool box' thing, using different things from each piece of work they made.

also with so far away being the breeding grounds, if you will, for soundtrack's beat/piano, i feel as if they meant to do that. especially with how many people could potentially be complaining about there being no living things demos. i feel like they kind of put asbestos on there as like a 'yeah it was a mtm demo but it was also kinda-sorta a living things demo as well' kind of thing to really make us think about it.

idk. thats my theory. i could be completely wrong. but if you dont see the similarities between asbestos and victimized i think you're crazy. :toolbox:

Rosh

Rosh Well-Known Member

That's not really a conspiracy...haha.

linkinparkluvr224

well you know what i mean. i guess conspiracy isnt the correct word to use but more just a theory.

Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

Definitely want someone to throw on Chester's Victimized vocals over Asbestos. That would be glorious and make the song a complete package.

Other than that, Debris and So Far Away are awesome and the kind of material I love from these CDs. Something completely out of left field that ends up being pretty damn amazing.

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

Debris' chorus really feels like there was potential for it to be an epic. I think if the mixing was different with maybe additional vocal layers, it could have been quite the epic piece.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

[​IMG]

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Someone else asked but it didn't get answered. If I buy the physical do I get the digital as well?

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

It's amazing how different 1998 Linkin Park are to the Linkin Park we got in 2000. It's like two totally different bands.

*EDIT* And as someone said, once again another Meteora demo outshines the final product. I really wonder how much the label controlled Meteora, cause some of these demos are just outstanding and should've been finalized.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

Love that 'bridge' (if you can call it that) in Points of Authority.

Geki

Geki >.

I'm so happy and ecstatic that LP released 5 MTM demos on this release. My dream came true. Such an amazing release, my favorite tracks are Homecoming and Asbestos. Amazing LPU album. Been a member since 3.0 and I will keep renewing if they keep this stuff up.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

Asbestos is jammy as fuck. Love it. Mike sounds like he has a cold.

linkinparkluvr224

this is true. i laughed harder than i shouldve at this i think.

i might try to make some shitty version of that on audacity. ill see if i can make it work.
    maybe i can mash the two songs together into one big lovefest. i think that would be pretty golden.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2012