What song got you into Linkin Park?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by ChuckCheese, May 24, 2012.

1. catfish24

catfish24 Member

One Step Closer.

2. BrandonR24

BrandonR24 Well-Known Member

One Step Closer, accidentally downloaded it on Napster back in Middle School. It was LP fandom from then on.

3. SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

Jeez, it's been so long ago I can't even remember. I know In the End was one of the first songs I heard by them, back in '02. I was in my friend's mom's car, she was carpooling to school that morning. We jumped around a lot on the CD but by the end of the week I had determined that Linkin Park was the greatest band ever and that With You was their best song.

4. pompo

pompo ¬¬

Somewhere I Belong in 2003. I was 12. :lol:

5. Ambush Reality

Ambush Reality LP Underground

Heard Numb on the radio when I was 9. Got me into rock music in general. Immediately saved up my allowance and bought Meteora. Then eventually bought Hybrid Theory and Reanimation. All in the span of a week lol. Then, it was those three records on constant repeat for the next two years or so lol

6. zorrodude

zorrodude Well-Known Member

I heard Crawling on the radio station and because of that song it motivated me to buy my first cd. Then when I listened to the rest of the songs on that album, I discovered what music is.

7. Maemi

Maemi Well-Known Member

My December – I guess I was about 7 and I remember that I loved that song in the radio, but I was just a kid and didn´t care about the artist. Then I almost forgot it, but about 3 or 4 years later, when I was a fan already, I heard that song on a cassette with songs recorded from the radio and I remembered it all.
    But the song that made me love LP, was Breaking the Habit. It was just after Meteora was released (I was 9 or 10) and thanks to my sister I listened to Meteora pretty often, but one day when I was listening to it, I absolutely fell for Chester´s voice in Breaking of Habit. So it was the beginning of my new life and new me :).
    And then there was A Place For My Head, which made me listen not only Meteora, but also Hybrid Theory :).

8. rundown228

rundown228 Banned

Listening to In The End on the radio back in 2000 - 2001ish ;p

9. The Fortunate One

The Fortunate One Well-Known Member

One Step Closer and Numb

10. Melis

Melis when you're feeling empty, keep me in your memory LPA Super Member

I think it was New Divide, What I've Done or Leave Out The Rest. I was about 9 years old haha

11. wakadoodle

wakadoodle Banned

Numb, Faint and In The End.
    I was watching a Combat Arms video on YT (xD) and the video editor used Numb as an outro for the video, since then I got hyped into LP, and later my cousin introduced me Faint, In The End...can't believe that happened 1.5 year ago.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2012
  12. emobagels

emobagels Guest

I really liked numb, heard it in like 2005 when I was about 8, didnt know who it was from back then, but then I got a laptop in 2007 when I was 10 and found Given Up, which got me hooked. Then I realized it was the same band that did numb, so I started listening to more and more

13. Suffered

Suffered All we need is faith

I heard In The End in 2002 when I was 7, and then one of my friend showed me Faint. But I became a hardcore fan only in 2010, somedays after the release of ATS.

14. Sunset

Sunset Well-Known Member

I only knew about Numb, In The End and Numb/Encore before 2007, and never cared about the artist. But when I saw the video for What I've Done (about 2007), I fell in love with it and bought MTM. I remember that I didn't like it at first, and never listened to it. But one day I was in my car with a friend and we listened to the whole album. It stunned me

15. Shmoanator

Shmoanator Guest

Couldn't have said it better, Hybrid.

16. Blackened

Blackened Blackened Symphony

Crawling, Numb and Runaway.

17. lpxerotheoryfan

lpxerotheoryfan Can you do it like this?

The first song I ever heard by Linkin Park was Crawling, and it slowly got me into them. But once I heard Papercut through a friend I was instantly hooked. Still remember it like it was yesterday, even though it was 12 years ago. xD

18. chris2

chris2 Smiling At Strangers On Trains LPA Super Member

My cousin told me about a new band called Linkin Park, but I didn't really pay attention. However after I saw the "In the End" video on MTV (back when they still played music videos) I was instantly hooked and bought the single later on. Been a fan since then. Great memories. :)

19. insanefanboy

insanefanboy RIP Chester Bennington

What song got in into LP? Easy, Crawling! :)

By far my favorite.

20. Doris The Spider

Doris The Spider Who-ligan

Well the first song I remember hearing was In The End. But I would have to say Faint or Numb.