RED - Release The Panic

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by ProjektSoxRock, Nov 8, 2012.

ProjektSoxRock

ProjektSoxRock Of Beauty & Rage

If I could high five you right now I would.

So it does seem that they are embracing a new style, which I'm cool with.
    The electronics in Damage was pretty cool.
    Hold Me Now sounds AWESOME.
    Glass House has the strings we've come to love.
    Love Will Leave A Mark seems very catchy, a good thing.
    Also, remixes of 3 of my top 8 or so tracks? Hell yes. (Lol dubstep Death of Me)

What I noticed is that Michael Barnes is using the full capabilities of his voice now, rather than sticking at a middling level which I felt was prevalent in I&I and UWHF. I will update this on the first post and give you a big thanks!

Benjamin Daxx

Benjamin Daxx Active Member

I'm really surprised with the sound, but not dissapointed at all! I think the samples sound really catchy, but strong and mature at the same time. I first thought it would be an awesome record. Now I know for sure!

Btw: No problem, glad I can share my happiness finding this!

ProjektSoxRock

Perfect Life got pulled from YouTube. If anyone finds another good link post it and I'll edit it in.

xsweetxcatastrophe

xsweetxcatastrophe Well-Known Member

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

Eeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhh.

wentz

wentz Member

ProjektSoxRock

Broadcast 004 is up. Seems to be teasing the album artwork. I wonder if the black shape in the center was added for the video or if its actually there. Regardless, it looks cool.

Austinator

Austinator Member

NolanDaniels

NolanDaniels Member

ProjektSoxRock

Added the new video link. Thanks!

REDMusicFan

REDMusicFan New Member

Haven't been on recently cause I've been slammed with school stuff as the semester is ending soon. Awesome with the new single and the samples of the new songs.
    Don't know what "The Lie" message from the beginning of the lyric video means. Tried anything that could've been related and no links worked.
    Nothing new with Accedia Corp website, though they tweeted: "From information communication, to water, health, wealth, & wellness, Accedia offers strategies for contented living. For the PERFECT LIFE."
    And @RELEASETHEPANIC responded "I see right through you @AccediaCorp" with the link to the Perfect Life video.
    Accedia Corp later tweeted: "Don't you want MORE? Fill the void. You should have the Perfect Life. Accedia."
    So it seems that things are starting to pick up, since Accedia is finally starting to make some noise.

nguyenjohn357

nguyenjohn357 New Member

NolanDaniels

NolanDaniels Member

Has anybody else been following Accedia Corp. on Twitter? They've become very active recently, and I'm curious if any clues have been dropped yet that I haven't caught.

NateXY

NateXY I was by your side, powerless.

Grizzly Bear

Grizzly Bear The Downfall

My first thought when I saw the cover art was, "This album is going to be WAY heavier and menacing than their previous albums!" So far, both songs have failed to disappoint me. They cover a lot of ground in just under 3 minutes which makes me excited to hear what else they've got going on backstage. Can't wait for this album to come out!

Edit: Personally, I don't mind if they exclude the string arrangements on this album altogether. The biggest problem I had with Until We Have Faces was the excessive use of strings and overdubbing on Barnes' voice. Release The Panic sounds like it's going to cut out a lot of the fat that was present on the last album, which is totally fine by me.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
    ProjektSoxRock

New info from @releasethepanic:

@releasethepanic: TRANSMISSION INITIATED // TRANSMISSION ID: 06X-13U-21J-09M-10H

#RELEASETHEPANIC

mi470

mi470 Active Member

Spells out REMIX. releasethepanic.com/remix

ProjektSoxRock

So there's more confirmation of the bonus tracks.

mi470

mi470 Active Member

Dang! These remixes are awesome! Death of Me is the same one from that part in Transmission 003. Hymn for the Missing is totally different than what I expected, but it's still great. And Breathe Into Me is reminiscent of the acoustic version of Lost on the deluxe of EoS.

xsweetxcatastrophe

xsweetxcatastrophe Well-Known Member

love the remixes - wouldn't have guessed for hymn for the missing to be one of the ones being remixed, but hey, it's not bad.

the breathe into me acoustic is really old - was released circa 2006 on the breathe into me EP. still epic :)
    (Do any of you guys follow Rob Graves, their old producer, on fb/twitter? Last year he put up the acoustic versions breathe into me, lost, and let go on his site for a few days...I'd already heard breathe and lost, but let go acoustic was phenomenal - wish they'd actually released it or that someone got a recording of it!)

(also, looks like whichever band member that runs the accediacorp twitter forgot to log out before tweeting this? looool because i'm pretty sure this has nothing to do with accedia - "Look, we only got one because the kid requested it. Entiiiiiitled! Santa’s evil Orwellian spy http://www.salon.com/2012/12/10/elf_on_the_shelf_santas_little_voyueur/ " whoops)