REMINDER: Linkin Park to Perform CASTLE OF GLASS at Spike TV's VGA's

Discussion in 'News' started by Benjamin, Dec 7, 2012.

AaronJxD

AaronJxD Well-Known Member

Good performance, Chester sang a bit too high but solid for a debut performance.

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

That sounded great, especially for a first performance. Interesting vocal effect. Chester's higher octave singing sounded awesome.

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

So good for the first time. A couple of small technical glitches, especially in the beginning, but man what an awesome song and even better live! Mike and Chester sound great together.

Ambush Reality

Ambush Reality LP Underground

Great performance. Slip up with the synth at the beginning? Either way, I got chills too. Such a good song.

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

I love how I started watching the stream at the exact time COG performance began :lol:

Stage looked awesome, last chorus was pretty awesome too! Still some mistakes, and the mix was a little crappy, but the song will definitely gets better with more practising :)

Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

Currently uploading the performance as I write this.

As a side note, Just from my opinion alone, I didn't like the performance at all. These were in no way minor glitches. There was something wrong going on throughout the song the whole time and Chester's different pitch for this track did not work out one bit. You guys are being too modest. Sorry LP but you guys can definitely do better. I'll be looking forward to improvements.

Edit: here you guys go, as promised.
    [video=youtube;8eyvW3pFau4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eyvW3pFau4[/video]

Last edited: Dec 8, 2012
    Søuł

Søuł As rogue as they come

I really want to hear that shit on a DSP.

YoMarques

YoMarques Linkin Park Soldier. LPUer.

Woah, loved it! :D

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Eh. I think the mix was bad and the performance was kind of sloppy. I don't like how high Chester sings on the last chorus. I could barely hear Mike.

Pat

Pat LPA VIP LPA VIP

its about the song, this has nothing to do with the Game dude

Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

I don't like that one of my favorite songs on the album is associated with this. Castle of Glass wasn't about mindless flag-waving. It wasn't about blind hero-worship. It wasn't about selling guns to dumbass gamers who didn't learn the last time that these games suck. I was goddamned disgusted with the official video. "Look, kid. I know your dad died in some war that didn't need to happen, but we're glad to have you aboard to do the same damn thing!" Jesus.

Also, the performance sucked.

Narc85

Narc85 Well-Known Member

Umm. You guys do know that the way Chester was singing the last chorus is on the studio version right? Maybe not as loud in the mix but it's there.

I thought the performance was awesome and they NAILED the last chorus IMO.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Glad someone else noticed. Everything Chester sang in this performance is in the studio version. Listen to the acapella.

The only issues with this performance were the slip-up with the synth part at the beginning (either Joe or Brad started one repeat too early, not sure who was playing which samples), and Mike's guitar not being distorted enough for the little "solo" part in the middle.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I know it's in the studio version but it's not mixed as loudly. I think that they should have done that with a backing track for a live setting and had Chester sing live in a lower octave.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Yup, I knew that too because actually, when I sing along I sing the higher pitched vocals because Mike's tone is too low for me.

And I really liked the performance, y'know, glitches aside.. I won't demand for absolute perfection, it'll get better with each show if they keep playing it.

Loved Brad and Phoenix joining in there. Brad's got something going on there, he's got a nice tone!

Disturbedthoughts

Disturbedthoughts *Twitch*

Personally, i found the performance lacking. I just dont think that the song translates well to a live environment. Which is a shame, its one of my favorite songs. :(

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

Why in the world would you want Chester's powerful vocal on a backing track? That would be such a waste for such a talent.

linkinparkluvr224

linkinparkluvr224 Well-Known Member

my thoughts exactly. but what i want even more is to hear it live at a show. i would probably die a little to be able to hear it live

legit. thats how its supposed to be man.

so SO happy at how the last chorus turned out. i was a bit doubtful that they wouldnt get all the harmonies in there but dave and brad stepped their game up big time. love love love <33

Dragondust

Dragondust Lingering distortion LPA VIP

for me it sounded like Mike was about to cry and that Chester was nervous and I found it very touching and heartfelt! I loved it!

Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

This. Very well said, Andreina. Touched upon all the things that I think people should note.