Mike Shinoda Style Samples

Discussion in 'Your Projects' started by roBot, Dec 14, 2012.

roBot

roBot Well-Known Member

Everytime I listen to Linkin Park Songs/Demos I recognize certain (drum) samples Mike uses a lot...
    Just take a few minutes to listen to Lockjaw and Tinfoil or some LPU demos and you will see:

[video=youtube;3ijb3VS3HP8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ijb3VS3HP8[/video]
    [video=youtube;_ZV9kYd81VI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZV9kYd81VI[/video]
    Now I just wondered I someone could tell me what Sample Packages are similar to what Mike uses?

Nook

Nook the noise manipulator.

Try using Symptohm VSTi from Ohmforce. There's a bunch of similar sounding (yet not exactly the same) drum/percussion samples inside that instrument. Adding slight distortion (or simply having fun with the knobs) should do the trick.

Pat

Pat LPA VIP LPA VIP

Well...actually every drum sample can sound simliar to mikes, if you know how to configure that stuff.
    Try to add some sweep noises, distorbs, make the cut off lower pitch it up and down, just experiment with the stuff, you will be more happier with that instead of a package or so

roBot

roBot Well-Known Member

thanks Nook I will try the performer edition they offer for free!
    and thx Hope I will work with that... do you know a good sample library to start with? or are the ones build into DAW alright?

Pat

Pat LPA VIP LPA VIP

you can actually use every sample, but if you really want "good" one, check out Vengeance stuff