The moment you realized you were obsessed

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by ChuckCheese, Dec 13, 2012.

HelenLP

HelenLP Well-Known Member

Every day since the first listening.

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

The day I saw "Papercut" video...back in 2001.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

When I skipped school on October 24th, 2000 to buy Hybrid Theory with my lunch money. Also when I bugged the guy at the local record shop about if he would be getting in Linkin Park shirts and then giving him my number and telling him to call me when they first came in. You could say I was an early adopter...

Esummai

Esummai Well-Known Member

I was in a hip hop mood and I was listening to Pandora radio and I heard Fort Minor and I really liked them. I started to search more about FM and I discovered Linkin Park. I started to listen to them since then, every day.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

When I went through a 3 month period way back when I probably didn't listen to any other band. :lol:

icyrvnd

icyrvnd Member

Around 2004, I was like 9 and fell asleep while listening to the Meteora cd on my grandmas radio over and over again. It's when I noticed how much I liked this band. And in 2011 I started to realize how much music in general means to me, and the bond with LP (and RHCP) just grew stronger.

CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Well-Known Member

When I used my textbook money to buy ALL the Linkin Park album at once - Meteora + Hybrid Theory + Minutes to Midnight + Reanimation + Fort Minor We Major.

Ty5onY2

Ty5onY2 Derp

Herm...can't remember when started, but realized it when litterly 90% of all the songs I have are Linkin Park related...out of some 250 songs...

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

When I started farting out Linkin Park melodies on the shitter.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I've heard the recording. Shit's legit.

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

:isee:

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Laughed so hard... :lol:

Nick Hart

Nick Hart Well-Known Member

When I was younger I was a straight cold Hip-Hop Head but I had two or three LP songs on my ipod and a few Fort Minor one's as well. Two or three years later I'm starting to grow sick of the stuff I listened to and couldn't really find any new GOOD Hip-Hop until I heard Bleed It Out on the radio and almost immediately picked up their first three albums. I was immediately hooked on Hybrid Theory and Meteora, especially Meteora because I related to so much. I then started listening to other bands but through every other obsession of music I had, LP always dominated. I still always had to listen to some LP before the end of the day. I wasn't crazy about minutes to midnight at first but I matured a little and it soon became the only thing I listened to. Still, I don't feel I was totally "obsessed" till A Thousand Suns came out. That was when I actually fell in love. And then Living Things was a bit of a let down, I hope I fall in love with the next album, if not as much as A Thousand Suns then atleast more then I did Living Things

Geki

Geki >.

It's weird because my Dad growing up listened to all sorts of old-school rock and grunge music all the time (he has SO many records in his old room) and my Mom listened to tons of hip-hop and pop music. LP is essentially the mixture of those musical genres, so it's kind of cool that their son grew up to bands fusing both of their musical tastes.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

When I would listen to no other music than Hybrid Theory, back then the Discman was the thing and it was the only CD I would put in it. Also I would record their videos on VHS, print photos, write the band members' names everywhere, used a LP translated lyric as an example on my Spanish class.. Wrote a "journalistic" report for my redaction test in 9th grade (can't believe I threw that exam away, I got an A+). They were just everywhere for me.

At the end of 9th grade (2003-2004 school year) my "fandom" was pretty much settled in, and around the time I started my obsession with The Rasmus as well (Both Dead Letters and Meteora had come out in '03). He we do the "ritual" of doodling our uniforms and writing messages to each other on our shirts because we change from blue shirts to beige ones. So this was mine (I was 14 at the time :lol:).

[thumb]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b118/edflinkinp/IMG_0262_zps0478a978.jpg[/thumb]

Good times.

Lee

Lee Well-Known Member

I think I realised I was obsessed after I spent the entire summer school holidays (6 weeks) watching every LPTV episode I could find on youtube, watching Frat Party At The Pankake Festival 6 times, watching every "making of music video/album" video I could find on youtube, watching every interview I could find on youtube, reading wikipedia articles on the members religiously, and searching on pirate sites for every track related to Linkin Park.
    School holiday well spent!

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

I always liked Linkin Park growing up (I was born in '97) watching "Numb" on MTV, and jammed to "What I've Done" and "New Divide". Eventually, I lost interest with LP, but then my friend informed me of "The Catalyst" and A Thousand Suns. When I first heard "The Catalyst", I was listening to the radio and I thought "this is the weirdest and longest song I have ever heard". Eventually I watched the music video on our local music channel (which is miles better than MTV, since it shows only music videos, concerts and interviews with musicians). I got hooked when I listened to ATS on YouTube, and I decided to buy it on my birthday - my very first LP album. I eventually became obsessed with LP, listening to their music nonstop. I bought every LP commercial release (including Songs from the Underground, Collision Course, Reanimation and their live albums) within the span of six months. I even had to buy Hybrid Theory, Reanimation and Collision Course on a trip in Singapore because they are unavailable here (yes you read that right). And earlier this year, I decided to join you guys.

So yeah, this is my story. :D

Pay-per-cut

Pay-per-cut Well-Known Member

I had no favorite artist/band growing up until I listened to Linkin Park.

Growing up, the only way I could listen to anyone was through the radio. I was too poor to buy cds and fancy stuff like that. The only real people who could buy Cds were my older brothers, in which consequently I got my Hip-Hop flavor from.

I really do not remember the first song I listened to that got me interested, it was either Faint or One Step Closer, but I knew I was hooked when I first listened to Numb/Encore. Numb/Encore was the song in my school. That is when I went out with my buddy to discover some more Linkin Park and came across Live in Texas.

The whole performance, amazing! Papercut/With You/Figure. 09/A Place For My Head/One Step Closer

For a long time, Live in Texas was my one and only CD I owned until we received Internet access in my home: The internet was the birth of my addiction to Linkin Park.

To this day: Linkin Park/Fort Minor/Dead By Sunrise are my most overplayed songs on my playlists. I cannot get sick of them. The great thing about them is: There is so much music off of them. I can go a month listening to an album and once that album gets stale, on to the next Record/EP/Album.

Esummai

Esummai Well-Known Member

I remember when I first listened to them. It was like I knew them forever and they were singing about my life. I instantly knew that I will always listen to their music. I started looking for more and more of their music and I will never stop doing this because they have always inspired me.

Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

Maybe it was the day that when I was staying with a friend in Cali, we drove to Melrose Drive and stopped by SURU. It was Hahn's birthday and I had a card for him. But sadly he wasn't there. lol

Oh by the way: Always take off for his birthday! But me not obsessed! *eye twitches*

Last edited: Jan 4, 2013