What movies did you recently watch?

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Hybrid Soldier, Jun 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

Y'all should check out www.letterboxd.com. Use the beta code xmasgift to register.

You essentially have a diary in which you can express your thoughts about a specific film you've watched as of late. It'd be cool to have a little LPA community on over there.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2013
  2. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

I love you Hawk. that's so cool. my username is sodhipop if anyone wants to...follow me? I think that's how it works.

3. SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

I thought it's been going on much longer than that. Anyway, seeing Django Unchained with my friends later today, review Friday hopefully.

4. hawk

Haha, thanks man. I'm following you. You, and anyone who chooses to do so, can follow me, my username is polisym.

5. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I'll try this out but I'm actually using Trakt.tv right now which is a similar service that allows scrobbling and reviewing of Television and Movies as well as many other awesome features.

1. Use Trakt.tv on many different media centers. (XBMC, BOXEE, Media Portal, Plex, Firecure, Media Browser, Apple TV, and Popcorn Hour.)
    2. Check in via website or iOS or Android app. Check in allows you to manually update your library or update your profile and check your community information.
    3. Extensions, allows the community to build programs with the trakt.tv api, and allows such projects as netflix updates (may be outdated)
    4. Windows apps to help transfer your watched library over to trakt.
    5. Forum Signature Widgets, as you can see in my signature.
    6. Updates in real time what you are watching and offers to give a rating.

All in all, it's a very advanced service, and it's free.

I really enjoy that it's completely automated also. I watch a dvd on my pc and it will automatically be added to trakt, as well as offer me to give a rating.

Maybe ya'll would like to try it out?

Still, my username on both services is CorpseBreaking, add me if you'd like!

EDIT: I forgot to add that there are also recommendations based on what you've watched as well as Actors Crew Trailer IMDb TMDb, and Wikipedia integration.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2013
  6. Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

Hawk, you can create a new thread for it if you want. :)

7. Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

I'm a cyborg but that's ok 8/10- funny little movie.

The Hobbit 9/10- Holy shitsnacks, of Lord of the Rings is perfect 10 (which it is in my book) then this just behind it. My only complaint was that it felt a little less organic than LOTR. I think someone else was saying this and I noticed as well.

8. hawk

I could do, thanks, we'll see. :)

Hmm... interesting. I'll check it out, although I found Letterboxd to be quite a solid website for what I was looking for. I've followed you back.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
  9. Lee

Lee Well-Known Member

Seeking a Friend for the End of the World
    6.5/10
    Dodge is sitting in his car with his wife listening to the radio. They hear that an attempt to stop a huge asteroid from hitting the Earth failed and that they're all gonna die in about a month. His wife jumps out of the car and runs off. He goes home, spends the first few days going to work etc... He meets his neighbour for the first time even though they've been living next to each other for 3 years. They fall in love blah blah blah he gets his dad? (I wasn't really paying attention at this part) to fly her to her parents' place. She wakes up halfway there and asks him to fly her back to Dodge. He's all lonely and shit and then she appears and then they hear that the scientists got it wrong and it turns out the asteroid is coming a week early, which means they have one night left. They lie on the bed and freak out and go on about how they're perfect for each other and how they wish they had met earlier and they're all crying and then you hear a boom and they cry more and then it goes black and they all die. The end.

There were some good parts but the ending was disappointing. You're just like, "Is that it?"
    It kinda sucked.
    So does this review. I'm bad at this kind of stuff...

10. Jesse

Thanks. :)

I've tried Letterboxd out and I've decided I'll be sticking to trakt as it offers the same exact features plus more, and it's easier to update, plus I have 1,444 items in my library already. :lol:

Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
  11. hawk

Fair enough. Trakt does support television shows, so I could probably binge out on Community, The Walking Dead and Adventure Time. We'll see.

12. Jesse

Do it! :p

13. Esummai

Esummai Well-Known Member

Remember me 9/10

14. hawk

Tell it to Letterboxd. :p

15. RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

Just recently saw Django Unchained. Pretty awesome movie, however the plot felt a bit flip-flopity (for lack of a better term :lol:). The story's build up was loooooong, and I mean probably 70% of the movie was build up. I didn't mind it, but throughout the movie I was unsure when the main goal for the movie would finally start. There were also a few moments of pure unexpected humor which had the theater laughing ridiculously. It was also a very interesting movie, seeing how black slaves were treated during the movie's setting. The action in the movie was pretty gruesome yet realistic. Arms were chopped off, blood squirts out of people's wounds, eyes are scraped out, men's junk are sh- anways, it was an awesome movie that I'd see again. The actors in the movie also preformed phenomenally. I can't stress enough how EVERY actor played their part so perfectly and convincingly. 8/10.

16. Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

It could but not in big budget blockbusters. TDKR, Avengers and Skyfall.. they all did it.

Btw, I've been using Letterboxd for a while now. Awesome website! My username is ReelJunkie.

17. hawk

Sweet, following.

18. jedibeaner

jedibeaner Well-Known Member

Seeking a Friend for the End of the World. 7

19. hawk

Skyfall [4/5]

20. Lee

Lee Well-Known Member

Wreck-It Ralph 10/10