Chester Bennington Interviews

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Mark_LP, Dec 31, 2012.

Mark_LP

Mark_LP in my fear and flaws..i let myself down again

anyone got any interviews of chester talking about how he got bullied or his time with drugs? i really wanna know more about it

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

There's his interview with inked magazine. He goes into it there. There's another good one. It's either kerrang or rolling stone. Can't remember. Probably kerrang.

Mark_LP

Mark_LP in my fear and flaws..i let myself down again

thank you ill have a look around the internet :)

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Mind he's done a few with kerrang.

lpxerotheoryfan

lpxerotheoryfan Can you do it like this?

"Linkin Park’s only recreational drug user, Bennington’s need for weed is mild compared to the narcotic meltdown of his youth. “I was on, like, 11 hits of acid a day. I dropped so much acid I’m surprised I can still speak! I’d smoke a bunch of crack, do a bit of meth and just sit there and freak out. Then I’d smoke opium to come down.” His arrest for marijuana possession when he was 18 wasn’t the only sign that he needed to get a grip. “I weighed 110 pounds,” he says. “My mom said I looked like I stepped out of Auschwitz. So I used pot to get off drugs. Every time I’d get a craving, I’d smoke my pot.”

http://lptimes.com/article/Blender_0302.html Read more here.

Geki

Geki >.

There a lot about what he went through with his divorce in 2005/2006. But if you are talking about when he did drugs when he was a teenager, there are some interviews out there. The Kerrang January 2008 issue is the best one IMO. I don't know where to find it online, though.. As for as the bullying goes, here is a link for an audio interview. http://lptimes.com/news2005/ChazonBullying_BBC.html

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Amazing when you read that 2002 article how different the guys are now. I don't think Chester even does pot anymore.

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

He doesn't even smoke cigaretts anymore. Not sure if he drinks though.

Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

I was thinking about this last night

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

What I like about seeing the guys from "then" to now is how, opposite to stereotypes, they (well, Chester) actually stepped away from those harmful habits instead of going "into them", which is how people tend to conceptualize those involved in the music industry.

I am glad on how many positive changes we've got to see from Chester and band in general, not only on whether they quit drugs or cigarrets or whatever, but the sense of overall maturity we get from the band, these are people with a head well put on their shoulders, stable family men, who also got involved in charity in a proactive and inspiring way, and it's part of what makes me admire this band so much, they are an example of personal and collective overcomings to different obstacles in life.

Whatever problems Chester had to go through in his young life, I'm extremely happy he could defeat them and become such a talented, inspiring, and exemplary human being. Bless him.

Thought this thread was the appropiate ocassion to express that opinion.

Geki

Geki >.

Chester doesn't drink or do drugs anymore. He hasn't for years now. He did still smoke around 2009/2010, but then I think he quit. I'm happy for him. I hope he never goes into a dark period like that again.

Here is the 2008 Kerrang interview I was talking about. It's not really an interview. It's a super in depth view at not only Linkin Park, but at Chester's early life. Some really dark stuff.
    http://mikeshinodaclan.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=264

This is a good one too, it's a DBS interview from 2009. Really dark too. Good idea about what happened there.
    http://mikeshinodaclan.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=250

Last edited: Jan 4, 2013