Linkin Park 2013

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by jare0674, Jan 6, 2013.

jare0674

jare0674 There's a seat here along side me...

What do we have to expect from the band in 2013.

LPU13 - This is a given but we won't get it or any info on it until November.

Linkin Park Recharge - That LP Facebook game that was announced a while ago. I think that it's safe to assume we will get some music from it wether it be a full song like Blackbirds in 8bit Rebellion or maybe Mike scoring the game like he for 8bit Rebellion and the Medal Of Honor game.

Mall - The movie that Joe directed, it should be released sometime this year. Multiple sources have stated that LP will be handling the film's soundtrack but nothing has been confirmed yet.

I personally hope that we get an EP or some one off singles, maybe a collab or two. Mike has also said that he has been looking for more movies to score so we could something from him this year too.

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Not much. This will be a tour year probably.

An off-single or a collab would be cool, as you said.

Jack_Farrell

Jack_Farrell KTTK is Chester suicide-diving off a cliff naked

Yeah... I doubt we're getting anything this year.

Finisterra

Finisterra Member

The Mall Sountrack

"Epic Pictures will be handling foreign sales at Cannes, and they’ll have an additional selling point as Linkin Park has agreed to handle the soundtrack for the violent film, which will be exec produced by Bill Boyd and Rob Cavallo, chairman of Warner Bros. Records. Cavallo is responsible for some of the bestselling soundtracks of all time, and the “Mall” soundtrack will fall under Linkin Park’s record deal with Warners."

Source: http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118053727/

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I have a feeling the LP Recharge game is no longer happening. There hasn't been a single bit of news on it in over 6 months. Seemed like a silly idea anyway, basically LP slapping their name on a game that otherwise had nothing to do with them.

Considering how it took The Seed close to 5 years between announcement and release, and that was like a 10-minute short film, I'm not holding my breath for Mall to come out anytime soon. Anybody else remember how Joe was supposed to do a feature film adaptation of King Rat like...10 years ago? Yeah, that sure got far.

First part of the year will be spent touring, latter half of the year will be spent working on the next album. LPU 13 in November/December. Probably another live album and/or DVD at some point, they seem to do one every touring cycle. Probably nothing spectacular. Maybe they'll dust off a track like Don't Stay for live performances in honor of Meteora's 10th anniversary. Yippee.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Confirm they began working on a new album.

LPU13.

That's all I need.

Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

Source??:rolleyes:

Suffered

Suffered All we need is faith

I think the band should take a long break before they start working on a new album, just like how they did it with MTM. I don't want an album in every 18 month. That sounds crazy but I think the band should take a break, rethink stuff and see what kind of music they can make in 2014-2015.

Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

The reason why they make new album in a 18 month cycle is the fact that they are growing old already... imagine in 10 years, LP made only 4 albums. unlike to any other band, they can make 6-8 albums in a decade..

Suffered

The quality of those other bands albums...........? There's 3 years between HT and Meteora and they went backwards with that album. And there's 4 years between Meteora and MTM and they improved alot. And there's another 3 years between MTM and ATS and they improved alot again. And with LT? They went backwards again with the sound but they went forward too. It doesn't matter if they growing old fast. I think that's good because they can make even more "mature sounding" albums.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

^Today, music has to be put out fast, not every 5 years. Plus, you want less LP?

@Knt.Slbs - Source for what? LPU13 is a must, and I think they're going to begin work on LP6.

Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

He wants a confirmation of the fact that they are working on the new album.

Melis

Melis when you're feeling empty, keep me in your memory LPA Super Member

This.

Suffered

I don't want less LP. I want quality. Like ATS.

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Already said it in an other thread: time doesn't make record better. Example: Beatles, who made tons of classic records in 6 or 7 years.

And no, they didn't take a freaking step backward with neither Meteora or LT, they just took direction that you personnaly dont like. Old debate is old debate, I know.
    I would personnaly like that lol. Don't Stay live was quite good, especially as an intro, and especially with Rar 2004 intro.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2013
    Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

LPU13 is off the discussion.. A collabo would be nice (hopefully with a good artist and hoping for the impossible, Adele :lol:)

I'm really into the idea of a new DVD, you know I'm still "hurt" for the fact there wasn't a special edition for LT, I know, they spilled pretty much everything out on the LPTV's and they were great quality, but there could be a short documentary-liveshow DVD material around there.

Speaking of DVD's, I hope some day they release a FULL videography DVD, with high-quality versions of ALL of their music videos. That would be awesome.

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

I just want to point out that the "album every 18 months" idea is by no means a set thing for them, and at any point they can and probably will just up and decide "Yeah, well... that was a self imposed, arbitrary rule that didn't help/hindered progress, we're not worrying about it anymore". If they really thought they were just churning out subpar music, I'm more than likely the obsessive compulsive perfectionist Shinoda would immediately just take longer to do it.

Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

I don't think they should take a break (especially if they're in a writing groove), but I think they should definitely ditch the self imposed 18-20 month turn around. It's completely unnecessary &, IMO, has actually proved detrimental to the songs. LT pretty much front to back feels rushed and/or incomplete.

Indeed there is no timelimit on creativity, re-writing something a 1,000 times might not make it better. But on the other hand, it might. You won't know unless you try.

Regardless, LP aren't The Beatles. LP's decision to release albums faster was just that - A Decision. It's not fueled by a natural creative, prolific hot streak. It's them forcing the issue to appear more prolific.

If really good/great songs come together really fast, great, package it and get 'em out there. If the songs need more time then give them more time. Don't be a slave to an arbitrary, self-imposed timelimit.

Bands aren't remembered by releasing lots of albums, they're remembered by releasing great albums, be they many or few.

Geki

Geki >.

LPU13 for sure.. Will have demos on it like usual. I hope we get some actual complete demos, though, with completed vocals.

They will tour the first half of the year, then take the other half to write new music.

I asked Joe about Mall at the summit and he told me ''next year'', so I'm not expecting it to come out, he's been saying that to everyone. Not sure if it will come out, but it was an awesome idea for a movie.

We may get some more Camp Freddy stuff from Chester, though doubtful. He definitely won't be writing DBS music.

We won't get any new FM music or anything like that from Mike.

Overall, I don't expect much from 2013 except for the tour and possibly Mall. LPU13 obviously but that isn't until the end of 2013. Boring LP year. 2014 will have a new album and new tour.

ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

I hope and pray for a second U.S. tour but that Vegas show really is probably it. Same as ATS. What do you they have against playing the States when it's not NYC or LA?