Linkin Park studio album collection to be released on January 15

Discussion in 'News' started by minuteforce, Jan 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Me neither. Or melodies.

And I'd love it if they did an album that's really hard on the electronics, and it sounds huge and cinematic... :wub:

2. Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

sorry Derek, but HEAVY DOES NOT MEAN Nü METAL! (at least to me anyway :lol: )
    I'd love for LP to tackle a heavy album one day, but a mature one at that. Akin to Deftones 's latest album. Just because its "heavy" doesn' mean they still won't be able to experiment within that genre(see for e.g Deftone's "Rosemary") . Even if its still electronic, i'd love to hear more stuff like When they come for me or Wretches & kings. Songs that are heavy thanks to drums, bass and synths (not just distorted guitars) And no, Chester doesn't nessisarily have to scream either (see Soundgarden's "4th of July" for an e.g.). Don't get me wrong, i love LP's softer stuff, but an album with lots of heavy tracks for a change would be really refreshing. ;)

3. LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

I'd personally love it if they gave Phoenix some time to shine with more importance to the bass. There aren't any LP tracks that show his talent. Same goes for Brad. Something like Muse used to do in earlier albums. Big solos and amazing bass led tracks. I wouldn't mind any genre from the band, to be honest. Their greatest song, personally, is Waiting for the end. It was perfect. Mike rapped in a different way. Chester's singing was top notch. Especially how he hit those high notes. And then the huge finish towards the end. It was absolutely brilliant. I'm sad that song didn't get the attention it deserved. It was recognized but not to the extent of even Burn it Down (which btw reached one million in sales. The 1st single to cross the million mark since New Divide).
    Would love to see the band have more songs which flow towards a similar grand ending.

4. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

What the fucking fuck.:huh:

Heavy music doesn't have to be nu-metal. It doesn't even have to be hard rock or metal. It just have to be agressive and loud, which both caracteristics can be found in thousand of syle. By saying that, you're generalizing to a point it's funny, and you're also insulting fans of heavy music. You're talking like heavy music couldn't be so "out there" or couldn't be experimental, which is totally nonsense.

Sorry, but to me, making such assimilation as "soft music = creative // agressive = generic" sounds very close-minded from you.

Also, it's funny you're talking about experimentation and creativity, because an heavy LP record would probably be the most surprising and creative move they could do right now. And when I say heavy, it's not poppy-heavy like Meteora or Hybrid. It's REALLY heavy. Nobody would be expecting it. When people talk of Linkin Park, they usually think of that rap rock band that turned into a ballad band. I can guarantee you that an heavy record from them would surprise way more people than yet another power ballads record.

Honestly, all that I got from your post is that you're obviously not an heavy music fan

Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  5. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Very well put, Derek! I'll be sitting there too also feeling glad that the band is doing whatever they want. Even if it is a polka song. Complete with accordion riffs. Polka Park. Yeah, I went there.

6. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

The music I find "heavy" and appreciate you probably wouldn't want the band to get into seeing as its purely electronic.

My post was in reference to those who whine that the band has gone soft and doesn't make hard music anymore, which despite being labeled as otherwise is usually nothing more than a thinly veiled rant that they don't sound like the "old Linkin Park". I'm so beyond done with the old Linkin Park sound. It's old, it's been done a thousand times and numerous bands today (Hollywood Undead I'm looking at you) copy it to the point of being ludicrous. If the band can do heavy without it sounding a thing like their nu-metal past then I'm all for it. Otherwise no thanks. I'll take the "soft LP" instead.

Btw for some reason your "what the fucking fuck" made me lol. Epically.

7. lpgabriel

lpgabriel Wasn't that fun? Let's try something else!

8. DJIntensity

DJIntensity Well-Known Member

Whoever said that it won't contain any bonus material, then you are oh so wrong.

Not only did they announce this "collection" but there are also iTunes Deluxe versions of each album coming out as well.

The Minutes to Midnight "Deluxe" edition is up for preorder, and it contains "No Roads Left" and "Across The Line" as bonus tracks.

ACROSS THE LINE? Now hold up a sec. Did we get the DEMO for Across The Line in LPU9 or was that the full song?

It's real too, go check the store.

9. Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

On topic, what the hell is the point of a "digital only" greatest hits, anyway? If you're computer savy enough to download music illegally, you'd steal the songs, if you were competent enough with iTunes to begin with, you would have already had the albums/songs you wanted by this point. Greatest hits albums generally are for people who liked what they had heard over the years and want a complete set of what their familiar with, which is helped a lot by being able to just walk past it on a store shelf and pick it up on an impulse.

Just saying.

10. Infinity

Infinity *

Its really confusing now... But if I'm right its like this:
    -Hits collection with all the albums (no bonus tracks)
    -Remasterd Hybrid Theory, Reanimation, Meteroa, MTM (New bonus tracks like step up, Across the Line, POA crystal method remix)

So nothing completley new, just a new package of things that are out on the web already.

Stil fu*cking confusing and not seeing the point of all this right now.

btw, correct me if I'm wrong :D

EDIT: And the remaster editions (deluxe or whatever you wanna call it) contains some live bonus tracks

11. Hans Muster

Hans Muster Well-Known Member

Well, concerning the deluxe albums, I posted a list with the bonus tracks last week.
    http://www.lpassociation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24532&page=361&p=1231572#post1231572

The links are:
    Hybrid Theory: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/hybrid-theory-deluxe-version/id590431776
    Meteora: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/meteora-deluxe-version/id590423275
    Minutes to Midnight: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/minutes-to-midnight-deluxe/id590427297
    A Thousand Suns: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/thousand-suns-deluxe-version/id590434066

For your country, just change the "us" right after "https://itunes.apple.com/".

I'll download Step Up (live) and probably the POA remix.

12. LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

:rofl: That statement made me laugh my ass off.

But I am with Derek in what he said about how people whine about how LP is now soft and "gay" and how they miss the old LP. You see it every damn time on youtube. It's so frustrating at times. There is NO old LP or new LP. It's all because of Meteora and that's why I hate that album.

13. Ginger

Ginger Orangutan LPA VIP

Someone please find this out.

14. Suffered

Suffered All we need is faith

LPU9 version was the full song. They didn't finished the song in the MTM-era, it was still a demo and unfinished like that snippet from the MTM DVD but the fans prayed to the band to finish the demo so they finished the song around 2008/2009, god knows exactly when, and they released it in LPU9.

15. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

Doesn't it seem kind of weird that they would put out a Studio Collection, and then at the same time advertise incentives to NOT buy the Studio Collection?

16. Hans Muster

Hans Muster Well-Known Member

Lol, don't know how about you local store but these are the prices in Switzerland:
    Full collection: CHF22.00
    HT: CHF26.40
    Meteora: CHF28.60
    Reanimation: CHF:44.00
    MTM: CHF26.40
    ATS: CHF33.00
    LT: CHF26.40

(not the price for the actual albums but there's an option for buying the albums as excerpts from the set)
    Fail...

Obviously they just added CHF2.20 for each track. Horrible price for Reanimation. I'm wondering if anyone has bought it from there... :rolleyes:

17. Liontor

Liontor Member

In the hungarian iTunes Store, the studio album collection is only 13.99€! How is that possible?

18. skyzlmt

skyzlmt Well-Known Member

They're probably including the acetate extended version.

19. Serenity

Serenity Suffocating in the mess

Blackbirds and NRL are available for download? Finally! Now I can get them and have a complete, non-pirated LP collection. :lol:

20. m_macdonald

m_macdonald Well-Known Member

I think for long-time fans of the band, the most vaguely significant aspect of these recent releases would be the new Deluxe editions which fall under the "Mastered for iTunes" banner, as these are essentially new masters/remasters of the albums we've grown up listening to. Will the new masters be any good? In theory, sort of, in practice, occasionally.

Without delving too deeply into the (rather divisive) "Mastered for iTunes" topic, this essentially means that Apple were provided with high-quality original album masters (higher fidelity than the standard CD release - something which I believe we have only seen LP do once), and the album was then encoded into iTunes AAC format.

The two sides of the debate would say:
    - This is brilliant! iTunes are now getting hold of the high fidelity, original, higher-than-CD masters, and encoding those. The end product will be a much better, higher fidelity result than simple CD-to-iTunes conversion.
    - What is the point in acquiring high-fidelity master recordings, if you're just going to then compress them with iTunes lossy encoding???

Both are valid arguments and the proof, as they say, is in the pudding. My advice for anyone interested - buy one of the tracks (I'll go with Papercut, first album, first song) and compare it to the original CD and see if there's any discernible difference to be had at all.

This won't be of interest to everyone, but if you're an LP fan who's interested in audio fidelity and spends time online talking about FLAC, or talking about vinyl releases, this topic might be of relevance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.