Linkin Park Fan Questionnaire

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by DyingThing, Feb 3, 2013.

DyingThing

DyingThing Banned

I'm interesting in hearing everyones' first LP experiences, I hope this questionnaire might help you remember how it felt when you initially got into LP; providing some interesting feedback for the band too.

Please copy/paste the questions into your reply.

What was the first song you ever heard of LP? What was your situation in time?

What was the first LP music video you watched? How did you watch it? (e.g TV, public, friend's house, youtube)

Talk about the first two Linkin Park albums you listened to regularly or owned, what was it you liked or disliked about them?

What do your co-workers/friends think of Linkin Park?

What were your initial reactions of each album which came out after you got into the band? What is your opinion of these albums now?

What year/s have you enjoyed LP the most, and why?

Do you have one favourite live performance of LP? (Try and post a link in your answer)

You have a friend who has never heard of LP, and has asked you to make a mixtape of five songs for them, what will your choices be?

If you could choose one member of LP (aside from Mike and Chester) to make a solo album, who would you pick?

List three songs which you think are indicative of the direction you would like LP to go in (Don't have to be LP songs)

Last edited: Feb 3, 2013
    Suffered

Suffered All we need is faith

Great questions :D Well...:

1. In The End/around 2001-2001(I was 6-7y old)/at home in TV
    2. In The End/with my brother
    3. I listened to Hybrid Theory first, I liked it, and then I heard A Thousand Suns and I was mindfucked, I fuckin loved it.
    4. I have two real friends, who likes LP, the rest of the people around me hates LP. (They like Adele and every mainsteam bullshit)
    5. Well, I became a "big" LP fan one day after ATS released so that doesn't counts. About LT: I really loved it when I first heard it, and now...Except In My Remains and LGM...I hate the first part of the album, but the second half is amazing.
    6. Nowdays. Just because now I'm really a fan of the band.
    7. iTunes Festival 2011
    8. 1. The Catalyst/ 2. Papercut/ 3. The Little Things Give You Away/ 4.Roads Untraveled/ 5. In The End
    9. Phoenix.
    10. Madness (Muse)/ Animals (Muse)/ Charlie Brown (Coldplay)

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

The first song I ever heard was Papercut. I was on a cruise in 2002 and iPods had just come out, and they were letting people rent them. You just had to tell them what music you wanted and they'd put it on the iPod for you. I remembered seeing some Linkin Park commercial on Fuse TV, so I picked them as one of the artists I wanted. Then I just started listening to Hybrid Theory.

What was the first LP music video you watched? How did you watch it? (e.g TV, public, friend's house, youtube)

I don't know for sure, but it was probably Faint. Again, on Fuse TV.

Talk about the first two Linkin Park albums you listened to regularly or owned, what was it you liked or disliked about them?

Hybrid Theory and Meteora. I really liked Mike's rapping and the big guitar sounds, but Chester's screaming on some of the bridges freaked me out (I was in the 4th grade :lol: )

My closest friends share my sentiments that the newer Linkin Park music is really good and that the old stuff is kind of embarrassing at this point. A few of my other friends are casual fans. I don't actually think I know anyone who straight up dislikes Linkin Park, which is kind of surprising. In a good way.

What were your initial reactions of each album which came out after you got into the band? What is your opinion of these albums now?

Hybrid Theory
    Then: Whoa this is really intense.
    Now: Eh.

Meteora
    Then: I love this.
    Now: Pass.

Collision Course
    Then: I love this.
    Now: Nostalgia.

Minutes To Midnight
    Then: I like this a lot more than I thought I would.
    Now: I can still appreciate this from time to time.

A Thousand Suns
    Then: Oh my god yes.
    Now: Oh my god yes.

Living Things
    Then: Oh my god yes.
    Now: This is cool.

When Collision Course came out and when A Thousand Suns came out. CC came out when I was just getting into music, and hearing Linkin Park and Jay-Z together was just too much fun. I watched that Making-Of DVD so many times. A Thousand Suns came out when I had really gotten my taste in music. I had been worried I was going to outgrow Linkin Park when I heard the stems for The Catalyst and thought Mike's voice sounded way too electronic/dance-y, but then the album came and blew my mind.

Do you have one favourite live performance of LP? (Try and post a link in your answer)

I have a lot of favorite shows. I'm biased but this past year in Bristow, because it was the first time I was in the pit at a real show. Also Rock Am Ring 2004 speaks for itself.

You have a friend who has never heard of LP, and has asked you to make a mixtape of five songs for them, what will your choices be?

1. And One
    2. Breaking The Habit
    3. In Pieces
    4. When They Come For Me
    5. Skin To Bone

If you could choose one member of LP (aside from Mike and Chester) to make a solo album, who would you pick?

Wow. Well Phoenix seems to be one of the guys in the band that loves being "different" the most. In MOATS he starts telling the band about how he doesn't want a song to be radio structured just for the sake of radio structure. On the other hand, while Phoenix might make music that is structured the way I like, Joe would probably make music with sounds that I like. But to be honest, the only member of LP I could realistically imagine having a side project is Brad. Maybe.

List three songs which you think are indicative of the direction you would like LP to go in (Don't have to be LP songs)

Splitting The Atom - Massive Attack
    [video=youtube;oOwU-nTokFU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOwU-nTokFU[/video]

Lights In The Sky/Corona Radiata - Nine Inch Nails

[video=youtube;3HmwZ9t4Lcs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HmwZ9t4Lcs[/video]

Sprawl I (Flatland) - Arcade Fire

[video=youtube;PDuVf_LKH2o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDuVf_LKH2o[/video]

also Skin To Bone.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2013
    DyingThing

DyingThing Banned

The first song I heard was Numb, Boxing day 2003, after receiving my first LP album, Live In Texas.

Numb, saw it on TV.

The first studio album I got was Meteora, I loved the conceptual feel of the record, I hadn't heard a concept-style album before, Breaking The Habit is still my favourite song.
    I heard Hybrid Theory next, and though I hold Meteora in higher regard as an album, I loved the singles from Hybrid Theory.

When I was in school (Meteora era) barely anyone liked LP in the crowd I was hanging around with, actually got bullied a little for it too, moved onto another crowd who loved LP and felt much happier. :)
    Later on when I left school I met occasional people who liked certain LP songs, my girlfriend at the time absolutely HATED Minutes To Midnight "It sucks dick!"
    I have two close friends who are big fans of LP, we went to see them at the first LP fan summit in London and we all share the opinion that Living Things is great, but gets tiring really quickly.

Collison Course
    Then: Cool.
    Now: Kinda cool but meh.

Minutes To Midnight
    Then: Epic, a real progression/continuation of the epic Meteora sound in a rawer form.
    Now: Same opinion, but I have listened to this album hundreds of times now, I guess it's magic has worn off.

A Thousand Suns
    Then: This is generally weak in comparison to Minutes, but I love Waiting For The End, Blackout, Robot Boy and Wretches And Kings.
    Now: A slightly rushed masterpiece, I love listening to it while gaming.

Living Things
    Then: Amazing, thank you Linkin Park!
    Now: Goddamnit LP, why didn't you polish it up into a concept album!?

2003 - purely for the universe their work took me to when I first heard them.
    2007 - fantastic new music, amazing live performances.

[video=youtube;hFRMHEKSdic]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFRMHEKSdic[/video]

Breaking The Habit
    In Pieces
    When They Come For Me
    Waiting For The End
    Castle Of Glass

Rob

Sonically i'd like them to do something similar to these tracks.
    [video=youtube;Bpzxf_flm8M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bpzxf_flm8M[/video]
    [video=youtube;idcaRTg4-fM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idcaRTg4-fM[/video]
    [video=youtube;WNKv_nrTIeI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNKv_nrTIeI[/video]

RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

New Divide, which I thought was absolutely perfect. I heard it in the credits of Transformers 2, and prior to that knew absolutely nothing of this band called Linkin Park.

New Divide (kinda obvious). Saw it on Youtube shortly after buying the song.

The first album I'd heard from LP was Minutes to Midnight. I probably listened to Bleed It Out and No More Sorrow hundreds upon thousands of times within a few months. I absolutely loved that album to pieces; I was hooked on my first listen. I loved the energy from the more upbeat songs, and the serious-moody vibe coming from the entire album.

After that, one of my buddies from school let me borrow Hybrid Theory and Meteora to listen to. Can't remember which one I listened to first, but they both caught my attention pretty well, specifically Papercut, Nobody's Listening, and Breaking the Habit (the three of those had thousands of listens each). I wasn't into anything but rock at the time. I think I had more love for MTM, mainly since it was the first album I'd heard from them.

My friends hate Linkin Park's guts. In general, they think that their HT/M days were superior to any of their other albums. Despite that, I've seen songs like What I've Done, Burn It Down, Waiting for the End, Iridescent, and even Castle of Glass come up on their iPods.

Hybrid Theory and Meteora
    Before: I listened to them around the same time and had similar initial reactions to them;awesome rock albums that I liked as much as the other. They both sounded very unique and different.
    Now: I like Hybrid Theory much more than Meteora. Meteora certainly had some enjoyable moments, but overall Hybrid Theory was a much better written album.

Minutes to Midnight
    Before: Fell in love with it when I first heard it. It had an energy and a vibe that was unique and I loved it.
    Now: I like the album now for similar reasons, but finding them in different ways. Sort of hard to explain.

A Thousand Suns
    Before: I found the album online and thought it was absolutely boring garbage that sucked compared to everything else I had heard from the band. I wanted energetic rock music with loud guitars and brutal screams, not some serious emo crap! (I had listened from The Requim to Robot Boy, skipped WTFCM, stopped at Jornada Del Muerto)
    Now: I was an idiot to pass up the album. Seriously.

Living Things
    Before: I thought it was their greatest album ever. I loved every song from it and listened to it a ton.
    Now: Well, it's alright. The first half sounds restricted yet energetic (if that makes sense). I want to like the songs, but I can't. The second half is almost the same deal, except it's "experimental". The songs are too short and don't build up enough to create anything besides a slightly more enjoyable track. Despite that COG, UIB, and Powerless are great tracks that could have been so much more.

It's a tie between the ATS and LT eras. I've only been a fan since early 2010, anyways.

I don't prefer one certain show, nor have I ever been to one. I like the setlist during the Honda Civic Tour, but I loved the setlist for the ATS Tour.

I'd recommend songs that are somewhat easier to get into, but still show off the band's uniqueness.
    1. Waiting for the End
    2. Castle of Glass
    3. The Catalyst
    4. Leave Out All The Rest
    5. Powerless

I'd choose Brad, probably. His style is interesting and weird.

I don't feel that Linkin Park should follow in line with a particular style or genre. What I want is for them is to make music that will stand out from anyone else.

Sibranex

Sibranex Member

The first song was In the End. It was back in 2006 when I went to watch one of my high school wrestling team's matches. During their warm-up the host team would have music playing in the background while they did some routines and the song was playing in the background.

I think it was Somewhere I Belong on YouTube. What was funny is that not too later I saw What I've Done and at that point I didn't know what the band members' current look was so I was like "Who the hell are these guys?!?!" haha

I spent the latter part of my freshmen and sophomore years in high school listening to Meteora and then I abused Minutes to Midnight to death when I was a junior and senior. I loved Papercut, it was my pump-up song for a long time. Minutes to Midnight as a whole to this day puts me in such a calm place because my last two years in high school were just so chill.

It's a complete divide. Some of them hate them, some love them. I have friends to whom Linkin Park has been dead since 2006, and there are some who think ATS is the best album they ever made.

I got on the bandwagon right before MtM came out, but I thought HT and Meteora were cool headbanger albums. But with MtM I could get so immersed in the diverse range of sounds they put on that album. I'd have headphones in and just zone out on the school bus watching the rain outside the window. I had a similar experience with ATS. LT I wasn't as impressed as a whole album but songs like POWERLESS make the album a worthwhile listen-through to me occasionally.

Probably between 2007 and 2008. Before that I only listened to movie soundtracks and the like, and getting introduced to bands and going through their albums was a great first time experience.

Oh man... maybe this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL-h12cu1H8

01. In the End
    02. Numb
    03. Leave Out All the Rest
    04. When They Come for Me
    05. CASTLE OF GLASS

I'd like to see some of Joe Hahn's work. I think that'd be an interesting listen.

1. Linkin Park - POWERLESS (I don't know why, but I'm in love with the sound of this song)
    2. Muse - Liquid State (Mike could try something like this)
    3. Blue Stahli - ULTRAnumb (basically a more electronic-rock oriented approach)

Blackened

Blackened Blackened Symphony

Crawling, but i don't remember the situation.

Also Crawling, on TV.

Hybrid Theory was the one album i would listen to everyday in 2006. Loved it, along with a few songs off of Meteora. There was nothing i hated.

I have a few friends who like them, but not a lot of them.

Hybrid Theory: Loved it then, loved it now. Meteora: Liked it back then, but now it's a bit meh for me. MTM: Good direction for LP, amazing, no matter what. ATS: I thought The Catalyst was horrible when it came out, but now, i love the album to death. LT: So pumped for it, that i rushed to ASDA to buy it.

The best year of LP for me was 2010, because i rediscovered them by listening to WFTE, and later listening to every HT song.

A tie between Docklands Arena 2001 and Projekt Revolution Camden 2004. They are even uncensored, so i don't feel like i'm being babied by Warner.

In The End, Lost In The Echo, By_Myslf, Burning In The Skies and Figure .09.

I want Brad to make a solo album, i would like to see the direction.

I may be biased, because i love metal, but: Locust(Machine Head), Feel So Numb(Rob Zombie), Sulfur(Slipknot).

Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

A Place for my head was the first song I head by LP back in 2005. I was searching up Dragonball Z videos ad stumbled upon an amv.

The first LP music video I saw was What I've Done in 2007. I was interested in the song after watching Transformers so I saw it when I was at the library, this was the song to actually get me to like the band.

I had an ipod, but no internet to buy or listen to music so I gave my friend my ipod and he gave me Minutes to Midnight. I spent my time usually listening only to What I've Done, Given Up, and Leave Out All The Rest. I was really excited for A Thousand Suns which was the first album I ever bought by them and listened to regularly.

I have friends who are hardcore LP fans and I've gone to concerts with some of them. I occasionally hear the "I liked their old stuff better" bullshit, but I don't give a fuck.

I Thought Meteora was their best stuff at the time (in 2007 when I got into them), but I overplayed their stuff and I realized that Nu-metal just wasn't that interesting to me despite it being pretty catchy at times. I thought A Thousand Suns was going to be similar to MTM, but after hearing the album, I had to get used to listening to it a few times over. Songs that stood out to me were BITS, W&K, and The Catalyst. Now its my favorite album by them.

Definitely A Thousand Suns because that was the first time I actually got to follow them before an album release and the A Thousand Suns World Tour was the first time I ever saw them live. Greatest Concert EVER!

Definitely the openings for both the concerts I went to ATS World Tour in chicago and Honda Civic in Tinley Park. You feel so polarized by their presence.
    [video=youtube;reHwNP3BRn0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reHwNP3BRn0[/video]
    [video=youtube;M1Ok3uM3jrU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1Ok3uM3jrU[/video]

Very hard to pick favorites. Guess I'd go with Waiting for the End, The Catalyst, BURN IT DOWN, LIES GREED MISERY, and Papercut.

I'd probably enjoy seeing more stuff from Brad. He did some pretty amazing stuff on LIVING THINGS.

I'd love more songs like LIES GREED MISERY, No Roads Left, and Waiting For The End

Fury99

Fury99 4EVER LP

What I've Done

I was browsing TV and I was watching random music videos. Then the music video for Bleed It Out came up. Then, I was instantly hooked on LP.

First two I listened to regularly was Hybrid Theory and Meteora. Hybrid Theory was really good and so was Meteora. HT was an overall good balance but Meteora seemed too similar to HT but it was heavier and kinda rushed.

They like LP but not as much as I do. :)

Hybrid Theory
    Then: Loved it.
    Now: Not as much but I still love it.

Meteora
    Then: Kinda repetitive but thought was beast.
    Now: So so, some songs I still love, others, meh.

Minutes To Midnight
    Then: Liked it but not as much as HT and Meteora.
    Now: Like it a lot more. Love the organic sound. Really relaxing.

A Thousand Suns
    Then: I was 50/50 on it. Didn't really see LP in this album.
    Now: Total masterpiece. Love it more after each listen.

Living Things
    Then: Loved every single song. I listened to it over and over for weeks.
    Now: Love has degraded somewhat. Still love it but not an overwhelming love.

Hard to say. Probably 2012 during the road to Living Things release.

I don't really have a favorite live performance of LP. Maybe Castle Of Glass' live debut at the VGA Awards 2012.

In The End
    Numb
    Shadow Of The Day
    The Catalyst
    Castle Of Glass

Joe Hahn

Black Magic Woman by Santana
    Won't You by Nero
    Behind Blue Eyes by The Who

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

"One Step Closer". I actually don't remember the when and where, except that it was the year 2000 so I was eight or nine years old.

What was the first LP music video you watched? How did you watch it?
    "One Step Closer", once again, in 2000. Definitely don't remember any other details.

"Hybrid Theory" and "Meteora". To this day, I can't quite pinpoint what I like so much about Linkin Park's early work but I know I only came to appreciate it more over time. One of the things I dislike are some of the vocal parts (not the performances) on "Meteora"; the outro to "Somewhere I Belong" with Chester's sustained notes still kind of annoys me.

They didn't mind them but, by the time "Minutes To Midnight" came out, the hype around them had largely died down among the people around me at school.

Basically, I loved the hell out of every Linkin Park album upon first listen except for "A Thousand Suns" which took some getting used to for me.

Now, I like "Meteora" and "Midnight" far less than I used to; the other three studio albums (and "Reanimation") I like a lot and still listen to on a semi-regular basis.

2001 and 2002 were years where I shamelessly announced my love for Linkin Park at every available opportunity. I still love the band and their music greatly now and they've always, since 2001, been my favourite ... but I doubt my enthusiasm for them will ever match what it was at the beginning when I first got into them. I straight-up listened to nothing but their first two studio albums until some time in 2004

Do you have one favourite live performance of LP?
    "When They Come For Me" @ Madison Square Garden, NY, in 2011

For a long, long while, "When They Come For Me" was one of my absolute favourite Linkin Park songs. Since then, other songs have surpassed it for me. Fuse's Madison Square Garden broadcast is still one of my favourite live recordings of the band ever.

The recording mostly stands out to me because I feel it'd mixed well, something which, unfortunately, is simply rare for Linkin Park in this day and age. The band always deliver solid live performances but I feel Fuse's broadcast of the Madison Square Garden show is an instance where it's probably captured on recording for once. There's a downside in the fact that the expletives are censored but I'm willing to overlook that.

Visually, I really like the way it's shot too but I can't really describe that.

"Given Up" @ AOL Sessions in 2007

I think most fans are going to cite the band's 2007 AOL Sessions performance one of their favourite live recordings, simply because, being an intimate indoor session, AOL Sessions performances are always bound to sound amazing in comparison to proshots of stadium performances or whatever. The set's biggest highlight for me is "Given Up". It's a performance of the song which stands out as one of the very rare instances where Chester pulls off the scream in the breakdown without having to pause for breath halfway through. The fact that he does that and, then, gets right back into the chorus without missing a beat still amazes me.

"Given Up" isn't a song I like much, on the whole, but I have to give credit where it's due. ;)

• "New Divide"
    • "Castle Of Glass"
    • "Until It Breaks"
    • "WTH>You"
    • "Waiting For The End"

Joe Hahn, easily.

List three songs which you think are indicative of the direction you would like LP to go in
    I'm skipping this one. :)

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Cool thread idea!

My answer to this question is a direct quote from this thread.

One Step Closer was the first Linkin Park song in early to mid summer 2000. Technically, the first song from the band was in the summer of 1999 when they were still known as Hybrid Theory. I was in a chat room for Korn, I think, and some guy sent me a link and was all "check out my band." I remembered hearing the song "Carousel." I didn't put two and two together that the band Hybrid Theory was Linkin Park until I started researching Linkin Park after One Step Closer came out. The guy said he was Mike, but, really, who knows if he was or not?

The first LP music video for me was One Step Closer on MTV back when they played music videos before YouTube was even heard of.

The first two Linkin Park albums that I listened to and owned was Hybrid Theory and Reanimation. I love everything about them. When I bought Hybrid Theory with my lunch money on the day it came out by ditching school, I remembered not liking the rapping so much because I was a pretty avid metal fan at the time. That lasted all but a day and I embraced it rather quickly. the songs on HT sound like they were written with me in mind. I still credit that record for saving my life. Reanimation was cool because it pissed in the face of the conventional way of doing things. Sure, it pissed a lot of people off and DJ's gauffed at a new band's audacity to put out a remix of their debut album, but I got a glimpse at how this band ticks. They were a band that wasn't going to follow any guidelines and they were going to do what ever the fuck they wanted. Also, it was preparing fans that were going to stick with them to learn how to defend their creative outlook on what kind of product they are going to put out.

My co-workers don't really count here because they are all much older than I am. I don't talk about my co-workers, so I will leave it at that. My friends are hit or miss. My really good friends understand my feelings to what the band had done. My acquaintences really don't care much for them and will give me shit about the band occasionally. My "LP friends" like their music. A lot.

I'm only doing studio albums here.

With Hybrid Theory, I was a little skeptical with the rapping at first, but I overcame that really fast. Like I said before, Hybrid Theory saved my life.

With Reanimation, I Thought it was cool to see the songs in a new and different light. At the point in time of Reanimation's release, not everyone had the ability like they have today to make a remix. Also, refer to the things I said in the answer about the first two albums.

Meteora was great times for the band. This was the album that solidified Linkin Park as a headlining act. I was in College and that album made me persue some courses in art appreciation. I loved the artwork of the album and the music was playing non-stop. Albeit is a HT part 2, I still enjoy(ed) the hell out of it.

I remember being on the fence with Minutes To Midnight when it first came out and being very unsure about it. I blame that entirely on the release of QWERTY. I read an interview with Mike saying that there wasn't much rap on the new album. QWERTY was released right before MTM and that gave me hope that the interview was wrong and that the entire CD was going to be quite like QWERTY. I was wrong. I eventually got over it and embraced the album, as opposed to keeping it at arms length. I think what I like most about it was how many of the earlier fans outcasted it. I still think it takes the cake for the ballsiest move that LP has done thus far. Many fans of their earlier work quit supporting the band and I'm completely fine with that. This album taught me that in order to be a Linkin Park fan, I was going to trust them with what they were going to do. I have stopped wanting things out of the band because of this album. It makes me feel like it made my musical tastes grow up. I love it now and I am glad that Linkin Park went down that road.

On first listen, I was uneasy with the direction "A Thousand Suns" took. Much like Hybrid Theory, I took another listen. I liked it more than I did the first time. I took a few more listeens and the more I listened to it, the more I liked the album. Finally, I found myself only listening to "A Thousand Suns" over and over again. I fell in love with the album. Although the mixed reviews were out with people bashing the album on the radio, including DJ's, people destroying the CD on youtube, and writers in the paper saying that the latest attempt for Linkin Park was a failure on a Titanic level, I still pushed on and loved the album more and more. This album made me realize that I shouldn't give a fuck about what other people and the popular media think. Because of the DJ's on the radio, I stopped tuning in. "A Thousand Suns" made me realize that music is art. Also, I felt that it had me mature my musical taste by letting me like what I like, not because it's cool to like it, but because it is what I like. I still listen to this album pretty regularly.

Living Things. As much as people say Living Things was a step back from A Thousand Suns, I say it was more of a step away from it. A natural progression, if you will. The sound of the album has taken everything they've done and intermingled it while, in my eyes, still expirimenting with some new elements. I must say that it was refreshing to see how the band reacted to the album before and during the release of it. I felt like they were genuinely excited for what they've done. I feel like this album helped the band refocus after A Thousand Suns left them "shaken" so to speak. This album makes me excited for the very bright future of Linkin Park.

All of them. Without Linkin Park, I would have been a completely different person than who I am today, if I were even alive at all. Even though the Linkin Park fanbase is littered with people who will never be happy with what the band does, I have found many friends through Linkin Park and transversely, here on the LPA. We are pretty much like family and I don't regret any of my friendships with people that I've met through the band's music and art.

Rock Am Ring 2001 is the a bootleg that I bought at my local record store and is the first experience of the band live that I've had. It was surreal to watch it on YouTube years after I bought it on CD.
    [youtube]6FKBJHnYyTk[/youtube]

My very first LP Concert was at Ozzfest 2001:
    [youtube]vzcQYHgFRL8[/youtube]

Camden 2004. Awesome sauce. The Don't Stay intro is still my favorite thing they've done live.
    [youtube]fK-MFk8gaHM[/youtube]

Just to name a few... :teehee:

Papercut, Breaking The Habit, The Little Things Give You Away, The Requiem/The Radience/Burning In The Skies, In My Remains

None, I think Linkin Park works better creatvely when all of the members are in the mix. As much as I love Fort Minor and Dead By Sunrise, they just don't give me the same feeling that a full-fledged Linkin Park project does.

For the record, I'm very much of a "let the band do what they want because I'm sure I'm going to love it anyways" type of guy, but for shits and giggles, i'll answer this one with songs that I think are pretty cool.
    Neil Davidge "To Galaxy" Sounds epic.
    [youtube]qldRY7Nx9fo[/youtube]

Pawel K feat. None Like Joshua "Written Down"
    [youtube]ooFSLytnS5Q[/youtube]

Massive Attack "Teardrop" (Yes, I know it was the House theme song, but, I love the vibe of the song.)
    [youtube]HwhwSirr098[/youtube]

hybridsoldier1989

hybridsoldier1989 strange things are afoot at the circle k

Runaway. I was living the mundane lifestyle of a sixth-grader caught in the great Southern California urban sprawl. 2001.

YouTube didn't exist! The first video I saw was In The End, on MTV2. Yes, when that one played music.

I got Hybrid Theory first, since it was the only one released so far. I liked most of it on first listen. The funny thing is that I thought Chester's screams were so abrasive (which is ridiculous now that I listen to other music) and so unlike anything I had ever listened to before (grew up on U2 audio cassettes). Then I bought Reanimation the day it came out. I didn't like the hip-hop electronica stuff then, but it grew on me after listening to it about a million times on a family trip to Hawaii.

My father is sort of a fan and went with me to see them live in 2004. My mother and sister like only the radio-friendly stuff. My girlfriend tolerates most of their stuff and went to a show with me in 2011. Most of my friends do not like Linkin Park. There's a certain stigma attached to them these days...

Meteora: It was really what I wanted at the time, plus more. I loved it. My opinions of it go up and down, but after years of not listening constantly, I think it's a solid album for what it tries to do.
    Minutes to Midnight: Never liked it as a whole, and never will.
    ATS: I loved it upon first listen, and still do.
    LT: Ditto.

None in particular were the BEST, but I'd have to say that between 2007-2009 I didn't like them nearly as much as I had before then and have since then. The whole M2M cycle was awful for the people who hated the majority of the album.

RaR 2004 was the shit.

1. With You
    2. In The End
    3. Lying From You
    4. Lost In The Echo
    5. The Catalyst

Rob Bourdon! Piano+Drumz!

The Naked and the Famous - Spank
    Eyedea & Abilities - Sky Diver
    Isis - Hall of the Dead

Mix those elements together and that's what I want.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

In The End, I was 8/9 years old so yeah, I don't really remember anything.

In The End, because the first time I heard the song the video was playing on TV. I remember that for the first few times, I had my eyes closed because I thought there might be something scary in the video... :lol: But hey, I was 8 years old...

Hybrid Theory and Minutes to Midnight. I loved how aggressive HT was, and I adored most songs off MTM.

They like Numb and Burn it Down. *facepalm*

A Thousand Suns: I heard it in about January 2011, and I was pretty disappointed with BITS, Iridescent, Blackout, The Messenger... And now that's my favorite album ever, and BITS, Iridescent and Blackout are some of my favorite tracks ever.

Living Things: I followed everything about the release of the album because now LP was by far my favorite band, and I loved it. Then I was a little disappointed with some songs off it a couple months after it was released, but now I adore it again. It has really fun songs to listen to.

2012. I followed everything about the band, I finally knew what the hell was going on and so on... Plus, I joined the LPA. :D

Rock in Rio Lisboa 2012, Milton Keynes, Rock am Ring 2004. Vids have downloads in the description so I won't post them.

Mostly poppy songs. In The End/Numb/What I've Done/The Catalyst/Burn it Down. Then he'd get into them.

Brad. Then we could hear some more actual playing by him, instead of just chords.

''Strawberry Swing'' by Coldplay
    ''Brendan's Death Song'' by Red Hot Chili Peppers
    ''Desecration Smile'' by Red Hot Chili Peppers

Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

I'm sure I heard Hybrid Theory era tracks first, but I only remember Numb as the song that really started my interest in music. Funny since I now basically hate the song.

I remember seeing Faint on TV during one of those Top 20 countdowns or something and was blown away.

I started off with random singles from the band's first two albums (Numb, Faint, Papercut, In the End all come to mind). I just loved how different they sounded from regular modern rock music. My first hype up for an album was Minutes to Midnight. At first I hated the new sound and thought it was an awkward step backwards. Now I love the raw alternative sound they made.

When Linkin Park is brought up (which is rarely) it's always the discussion that "Hybrid Theory/Meteora were sooooo much better". I then try to argue for MtM/ATS but they never seem to listen. Living Things however seems to have turned a few more of their heads. I watched the VGAs with a few buddies and they were generally impressed by the Castle of Glass performance.

Minutes to Midnight: hated it - too soft. Now it's possibly my favourite era from the band sound wise. In Pieces and The Little Things are still masterpieces.
    A Thousand Suns: mind completely blown at first. Now regarded as their most ambitious and most complete work to date.
    Living Things: loved it upon the first listen. Still love it today.

2007 - This was the year I truly got into music and grabbed their entire discography thus far.
    2010 - First true album release after becoming a rabid fan. A Thousand Suns. Nuff said.
    2012 - So much Linkin Park material throughout the year. Living Things. Nuff said x2.

Faint - Rock Am Ring 2007. Such a legendary performance.

1. Castle of Glass
    2. In Pieces
    3. Waiting for the End
    4. Blackout
    5. The Little Things Give You Away
    If they preferred more heavy music, the mixtape would look something like this:
    1. Lost in the Echo
    2. Across the Line
    3. No More Sorrow
    4. Faint
    5. Bleed It Out (Live w. APFMH Bridge)

Brad. I could really see it going towards a City and Colour direction but with more upbeat guitar and less acoustic.

1. Lost in the Echo (power) + The Catalyst (structure and progression). That's what I want

Robot Man

Robot Man Well-Known Member

1. Crawling. I think was 11 or 12. I didn't have a "situation", but I just really liked the song.

2. Crawling. I saw it on MTV at my house.

3. Hybrid Theory and Reanimation. I just enjoyed how different both albums sounded. Hybrid Theory was the first album where I actually listened to the whole thing. I wasn't really into music until I heard that album.

4. Half of my friends like LP, and half don't care for them. It doesn't bother me that they don't like them, as they have their own opinions and that's fine. Besides me though, my brother really likes LP.

5. My reaction to Meteora was positive at the time, and I really enjoyed it. But as I grew older, I came to realize it was just Hybrid Theory part 2. It's fine for what it is, but it could've been a lot better. As for Minutes To Midnight, I was happy that LP decided to change their direction a bit. When I first heard the album, I couldn't believe some of the songs were Linkin Park songs, but I really liked them, and The Little Things is still my favorite LP song. A Thousand Suns was the most shocking, and my entire first listen of the album gave me goosebumps. It is my favorite Linkin Park album, as it tells a story, and has the most mature lyrics of their career. I really connect with that album and listen to it on a regular basis. Living Things to me is a good, fast paced album that's easy to listen to. With ATS, I feel you need to listen to the album from start to finish in order to fully appreciate it, whereas with Living Things, you can listen to the songs in any order and enjoy them.

6. I've always enjoyed LP, though I did get a little bored between Meteora and MTM because they were released over 4 years apart.

7. I think my favorite live performance was from Road To Revolution, when they performed Shadow of the Day as the sun set behind them. It was pretty damn epic. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xaPCTZH7ng

8. In My Remains, Burning In The Skies, Papercut, The Little Things Give You Away, Waiting For The End

9. Rob without a doubt. His skills as a drummer just keep getting better and better with each album, and it would be interesting to see him work with other artists on his own album.

10. Can't really think of anything outside of LP, though I think I'd like to hear more songs like Blackout, The Catalyst and Castle of Glass.

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

I'll skip some of the questions because I've already answered them many times before...

Hybrid Theory
    Reanimation

I loved the shit out of these albums (still do)... I didn't even realize how BRILLIANT they are.

None of my friends/co-workers like LP...maybe it's because I annoying them with it all the time for more over a decade now :)

Hybrid Theory - loved it; love it now
    Reanimation - loved it; love it now
    Meteora - hated it at first; loved it later; I like it now
    Collision Course - ignored it, like it never even happened
    Minutes To Midnight - HATED IT for first couple of months; love the most of it now (the rest- meh; hate HHH)
    ATS - LOVED it at first listen (I'm talking about tears running down my face, man!); I like it now
    Living Things - loved it at first (chills down the spine all that stuff); I like it now. I realize it's flaws and the lack of imagination

2001, 2002, September 2010

Live In Texas and Rock Am Ring 2004

Joe Hanh

When They Come For Me - I'm a sucker for tribal drums. and Mike's rapping. and experimentation
    Papercut - fast rapping, heavy guitars
    In Pieces - building up, organic sound, guitar solos, emotional vocals

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Somewhere I Belong. I was alone and nobody could relate to my issues.

Somewhere I Belong on LPTV. It's cool because there were Gundams and I am a nerd.

Hybrid Theory and Meteora. I liked how I can relate to the lyrics and the crunchy power of the guitars.

I didn't like how short they were!

They're true Linkin Park fans and only like the first 2 albums before Mike "The Glue" Shinoda stopped raping

Minutes to Midnight - SUCKED. Mike only raps in like 2 songs and there was no screaming
    A Thousand Suns - Too much techno.
    Living Things - It was okay but there needed more songs like Lost the Echo.

2003 because Chester's glasses and the art was so cool with Delta and the lyrics.

Rock a Ring 2004 because there was a lot of screaming and they should release the song "World Full of You" because it was really good.

Linkin Park - Somewhere I Belong
    Linkin Park - One Step Closer
    Linkin Park - Esaul feat. Redman, Eminem, and Limp Bizkit (I got it off of Napster and it's like A Place For My Head but better)
    Linkin Park - Numb
    Linkin Park - Don't Stay

None because they're only good together. Fort Minor and Snow White Tan sucked

List three songs which you think are indicative of the direction you would like LP to go in (Don't have to be LP songs)[/QUOTE]
    Somewhere I Belong
    Faint
    Easier To Run

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Numb, in 2005 when watching a DBZ amv. I was immediately hooked by the music, it was the first time it happened in years of being a rebel who "hated music" lol

One Step Closer. Out of curiosity, I wanted to watch how Linkin Park looked as a band. The first thing I came across was OSC video on Daylimotion, a French Youtube

HT and Meteora. They were pretty much the only music I listened to until mid-2006. I loved both the singer and MC voices, the melodies, the power behind the music, the guitar sound. To this day, even if I have figured out there is a lot more of music out there, those 2 records still hold a spcial place in my heart. And it's not only nostalgia, I can still have fun listening to them, especially HT.

99% of the people I know doesn't really like LP, except for their old hits (ITE, Faint, ...). One of my closest friend is a casual fan, and that's pretty much it.

HT and Meteora, I loved them at first sight. Still love them.

MTM, at first, I though "WTF is this poppy girly shitty music?". Eventually, this is probably the record that has helped me the most in expending my musical horizons. Now I can say it's a good record. But more than the record, I really love the MTM era: live shows, b-sides, attitude.

ATS, I never really though it sucked like I did with MTM. I was surprised for sure, and that was pretty much the only thing I could come up with: it was a weird record. I didn't loved it, I didn't hated it...now, I like it, but I can't find myself listening often to it.

LT, I loved it at first sight, like HT and Meteora. But in opposite to those records, the hype didn't last. I still enjoy it, but, I don't know, it lacks something. Maybe my least favorite out of the 5.

What years have you enjoyed LP the most, and why?
    2005/2006. It was when I discovered them, and I litteraly liked everything they had done until hat point. You would never have found me bashing on a LP song at the time! ahah

However, I'm happy LP changed, for better or worse. The simple fact I can't predict what they're going to do next keeps me in track with them, by curiosity. Had they deliver the same records again and again, I would probably have got bored with LP.

House of Blues 2001. Love the energy of it. Rir 2004 is a classic. Live In texas is pretty cool too.

1.Points of Authority
    2.Qwerty
    3.Blackout
    4.Little Things Give You Away
    5.High Voltage (live version)

Maybe Brad. He seems to be important in the music process, so it would be cool to see what he can do on its own.

List three songs which you think are indicative of the direction you would like LP to go in (Don't have to be LP songs)[/QUOTE]
    Anything, as long as they still deliver some kick-you-in-the-face tracks on their records, whatever the style.

But to answer the question properly, here are 3 songs:

Deftones - Poltergeist
    NIN - The Great Destroyer
    Thrice - Digital Sea

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Minus' post. :rofl:

Blackened

Blackened Blackened Symphony

I know his secret now... :timothy: