So You're Going To A Concert

Discussion in 'Random Chat' started by Hybrid, Feb 5, 2013.

?

When you go to a concert you:

1. Think it is dumb to wear a shirt of the band you are going to go see.

5.9%
  2. Show your support of the band you are going to go see by wearing one of their shirts.

94.1%
    Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I was on Facebook and I saw somebody comment on a photo of two guys going to a Blink-182 concert. The comment went along the lines of "It's dumb to wear the shirt of the band you're seeing." Having been to many concerts, I have always worn the shirt of the band that's playing, provided that I actually own one of their shirts. I did this out of support of the band that I am going to see. Do you guys think it is dumb to wear a shirt of the band you go see or do you think it is awesome to show your support for the band you are going to go see?

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Well, these are weird choices. I don't think it's dumb to wear a band shirt to a gig of the band you're seeing and I also don't think wearing their shirt is showing support as you put it. Isn't going to the gig already showing your support, no matter what you're wearing? :obama:

I used to wear band shirts when I was younger, now, I would never wear a band shirt to a show. I just like to wear my own clothes and it's not like I wear band shirts a lot when I'm not at gigs either. I don't think it's really that big of a deal either way, let people wear what they want. I don't like feeling like I have to wear something so instead, I just wear whatever the weather dictates or what I feel like wearing. I guess it kinda works in my favour because the last time I saw Linkin Park, I had Joe and Mike staring and talking about my random t-shirt for about 10 minutes, which all six members went on to sign. That wasn't a LP shirt, that was just a shirt with random comic book characters on it.

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

If I have a T-Shirt of the band I'll wear it, but I will not buy a shirt just to wear to the concert.

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

Yeah. I don't wear band t-shirts out or anything, so the only time I will possibly wear them would be at their shows/other related events. Even then it will depend on the band and whether I even have t-shirts related to the band.

I don't think it's a stupid idea at all, but it's not something you have to do to show your support. As Joe said, being at the concert is showing enough support for the band.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

I wear something nobody would expect. If I'm goin to see goatwhore, I'm rocking my Yanni T!

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

I'd definitely wear a t-shirt of the band.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

I go to Linkin Park concerts and wear Limp Bizkit shirts.

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

I thought this thread is going to be about concerts we're going to attend in 2013 or something like that...

Anywaaaay, I always wear band's t-shirt to a concert, and it's also a great opportunity to talk to people (especially the ladies) in the city when you see them wearing t-shirt with the same band.

Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

I might wear one when they come here. Oh wait! They never come here so :p

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

I think its a little different with metal. At a metal show if you're not in a band T or have a the band's' patch you're odd man out.

Ambush Reality

Ambush Reality LP Underground

I always have a shirt. And, preferably, buy one of the tour merch shirts at the show. I just love the ones with all the tour dates on the back :p

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

I'd wear a shirt, but I can understand why someone would think it's silly.

For instance, I've stopped wearing my Redskins jerseys out in public. I still support the team, but it just seems kind of...dorky? fanboyish? I'm not a member of the team. I'm not Sean Taylor. So I guess the person on facebook feels the same way about band shirts.

Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

I'd file this directly into "People's crappy opinions that I don't give a shit about."

Wear whatever the hell you want. People take issue over the stupidest things and you can't please everyone.

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

I understand why some would find it silly, but I also understand why others wouldn't find it silly at all.

Anyway, having a good time is important, not what some random stranger thinks of your clothes...

ernieball003

ernieball003 Well-Known Member

I stand alone.

As previously mentioned, if you're going to a show you're already showing support for x band, might as well show y some love by wearing their shirt.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

I love those! I have one from the ATS tour (got it in a store, didn't actually go to any concerts) and one from the RHCP I'm With You tour (actually bought before a show).

_cam_

_cam_ Well-Known Member

I don't give a f**k what anyone thinks. I can wear what I want.