Anyone ask Lp about their Original Sophmore Album?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by daroker510, Feb 9, 2013.

daroker510

daroker510 Active Member

Has anyone ever ask Lp about their original sophmore album? The one before Meteora..wasnt it finished but they just trashed it or something like that? Someone should ask Lp about it in a Chat thingy and ask if those songs will ever be released..Idk Its just something interesting i wanna learn more about:cool:

Last edited: Feb 9, 2013
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

If anything I think those songs never made it past the stems/instrumental phase to be honest. Some off the 2002/2003 LPU demos are likely from that period.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

This. We keep getting more and more Demos and unreleased songs from the Meteora days. I'm sure some of that "album" that was mentioned in the OP has already come to light.

jare0674

jare0674 There's a seat here along side me...

I always though that the sophomore album was a joke album like LPU8, don't they they The Wizard Song while talking about it on The Making Of Meteora?

Suffered

Suffered All we need is faith

I think Halo and Unfortunate are from that era. You can hear the difference between Meteora and these two songs.

Spidey

Spidey Member

I'm kind of disappointed. I believe that they were going for some experimental/ambient feeling with their sophomore album which would lead the road for Minutes to Midnight. Why LP cannot just take those demos and if they have some good vocal tracks combine them or at least record some new ones? I believe that they result would probably be up there with the quality of A Thousand Suns. I really want someone to make this question to a band member in the next LPU chat if possible.

Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

The band states outright in the Meteora documentary that their hypothetical "sophomore album" was terrible and that they had written enough songs to overcome their sophomore curse, as if Meteora was their hypothetical third album. They were distancing themselves from those early demo tracks to start with. If the band doesn't feel like its worth the effort to finish those songs, then why would they feel any better about them now? It's not like the case with Across the Line where they felt it was worth it to finish the lyrics and everything; the demos they released from Meteora didn't warrant their further attention. Why would they go back and work on an old song they already shot down before when they could make a new song instead?

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Linkin Park's sophomore album was their best album! My first lp album was Meteora and it's still my favorite everyone should be on the radio

ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

Took me a second, then I understood.

DyingThing

DyingThing Banned

How I feel too, still their best album for me.

Hybrid

I heard somewhere that the original title for the second album was "Metetrolla."

Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

Wasn't the sophomore album Reanimation? :leo:

Hybrid

Reanimation is technically Linkin Park's second album, however, their Sophomore album, one with all new music is Meteora.

Spidey

Spidey Member

Well, probably because these songs had a specific feeling to them and now they will never see the light. Also if there are for example some more mature vocals of Somewhere I Belong i would really like to see LP put an album that totally upgrades the songs that we ended up with. I mean some of the demos cannot be THAT bad, compared to what we ended up with in the final product.

Yeah...such a wonderful and mature album...

DyingThing

DyingThing Banned

Not sure if you're being sarcastic, but the lyrics are very much aimed at teenage feelings I think, we all relapse back into that at times and need a good kick to the face from Meteora.

Jack_Farrell

Jack_Farrell KTTK is Chester suicide-diving off a cliff naked

I would love to hear this too, I don't think we've had a single demo from that 'era' in the LPU ones. They all sound like they belong in Meteora.

Also, lyrics suck because of Don Gilmore/Warner, not because of LP.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

No shut up Meteora is so mature because it talks about feelings you have as a grown-up like when people ignore you or being in a bad relationship

Breaking the Habit is about Chesters drug addiction thats why he says the first time he sang it he almost cried

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Because at the time LP was still happy of that sound, probably. I'm almost sure some of those demos belonged to that "sophomore" record.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2013
    Spidey

Spidey Member

My point exactly! I mean, who doesn't want songs that relate to their numbness, breaking bad habits, trying to tell people to stay away from them because they've been hurt so much and their need to find a place where they belong? I know i do. People don't get the artistic side of the album. It's just that there is so much beaty and maturity when i hear lyrics such as "Somewhere I Beloooooooooooooong!".

Suffered

Suffered All we need is faith

Exactly, that album has such a great lyrics like "Eeeeaaaaaasier To Run" or "I've become sooooo Numb".