New City Streets!

Discussion in 'Your Projects' started by Dispersado, Feb 24, 2013.

Dispersado

Dispersado New Member

(to the mods, I'm not spamming, just got directed to post here in the shoutbox)
    So guys, I just finished my second song last night and it's a bedroom recording. I'm posting here because I need some more exposure and to meet some people who can help me get better as a musician. I'm a huge LP fan and have been for a long while. Their influence is easy to hear in my music so I hope you guys enjoy it.

Soundcloud & My Website
    https://soundcloud.com/johnende
    www.johnende.com

Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

You must be another FL Studio user!

Your mixing needs to be fixed! Some things sound way louder than they should and some things are barely audible! Mixing isn't an easy thing to do (I'm still learning) but mixing will give your music a very professional feel. Check out YouTube videos on it and make sure you have a decent pair of neutral headphones/speakers!

Add a limiter and compress some of your higher pitched sounds so they don't pierce a person's ear!

That's all I have to say!

Dispersado

Dispersado New Member

Awesome, Zak, exactly the kind of feedback I was looking for. Yeah mixing isn't one of my strong suits, but I just wanted to rush something out to see what people thought. I'd say not bad for a bedroom recording though. And I'll look into a limiter and compression. Ty for the advice.