02/23/2013 - Brisbane, Australia: Soundwave Festival 2013

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Feb 22, 2013.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

On Saturday, February 23rd Linkin Park will begin their Australian leg of the Living Things World Tour by playing the first show of the 2013 Soundwave Festival in Brisbane, Australia at the RNA Showgrounds. Linkin Park will be playing all five Soundwave Festival dates in Australia along with two Sidewave shows for a total of seven dates all together. This will be the band's first time back in Australia since the A Thousand Suns World Tour in 2010 and the band's third time playing in Brisbane with previous shows on October 22nd, 2007 and December 3rd, 2010, with both taking place at the Brisbane Entertainment Centre.

Linkin Park will be making their debut at the festival, having never played Soundwave before. They'll be joined by artists including Metallica, Stone Sour, Blink 182, A Perfect Circle, Slayer and many more for the duration of the tour. Linkin Park will be playing in the allotted time slot 6:30pm - 7:45pm on stage 1B. You can view the full Brisbane timetable below.

[thumb]http://www.lpassociation.com/upload/images/022213-053156_swlpatimetable.jpg[/thumb]

Linkin Park are coming off a show in Auckland, New Zealand from February 21st where they played their first arena show of 2013. The band played the same setlist that we saw at Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas, Nevada on February 16th. With a string of festival dates ahead we can expect the same high energy sets the band have been putting out for the whole of the Living Things World Tour, as for the debut of live tracks we haven't seen before, I guess anything is possible, after all, Australia is where Linkin Park played Burning in the Skies for the very first time live at the Rod Laver Arena in Melbourne, Australia on December 13th, 2010. Linkin Park will be playing that exact same venue as a Sidewave show on February 27th, 2013 with Stone Sour.

There are no details on the festival being live streamed as far as I know, the festival will be uploading videos from the festival via their official YouTube page at SoundwaveFestTV though, but we'll have to see what content makes its way to the page, if any from Linkin Park. If we get information about any live stream details we'll be sure to update this page and tweet the details.

Once this show is over, Linkin Park will be heading straight to the Olympic Park in Sydney, Australia to play another Soundwave date the very next night on February 24th. You can view a complete list of all past and future tour dates on the LPAssociation Tour Map.

Who's heading to Brisbane for the first Soundwave Festival date of 2013? We'd love to see your updates and images from the show by contacting us on Twitter at @LPAssociation. If anyone could bring us updates on the setlist for these shows, that would also be great. If you're heading to this show or any other show on the Australian tour, or just want to discuss the shows with other fans, leave a comment on the LPA Forums.

TINFOIL
    01. Faint
    02. Papercut
    03. Given Up
    04. With You (Scratch Intro)
    05. Somewhere I Belong (Extended Intro)
    06. New Divide
    07. VICTIMIZED (w/ Qwerty)
    08. Points of Authority
    09. LIES GREED MISERY (Touch pad issues during performance)
    10. Waiting for the End (UNTIL IT BREAKS Intro, Extended Outro)
    11. Breaking the Habit
    12. CASTLE OF GLASS (Song abandoned due to keyboard issues)*
    13. LOST IN THE ECHO
    14. Numb
    15. What I've Done
    16. BURN IT DOWN
    17. In the End
    18. Bleed It Out
    19. One Step Closer

*The band had keyboard issues during CASTLE OF GLASS so they stopped. Chester said "Fuck it, let's play A Place For My Head" but Joe started LOST IN THE ECHO instead.

Source: Setlist via @Mikeatron85

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

Fucken 'Straya mate, yeah! Linkin Park will be lucky to make it to the show aye? Snakes and spiders everywhere.

YoMarques

YoMarques Linkin Park Soldier. LPUer.

Have fun, guys!

Ginger

Ginger Orangutan LPA VIP

Got my first M&G, should be a great day.

Joe

Awesome, hope you have a great time, man!

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

I wanna be there soooo bad.... :cry:

Søuł

Søuł As rogue as they come

I'm gonna bet the set is gonna open with LITE.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

Like a boss. Enjoy it dude and have fun.

Jono

Jono Well-Known Member

Hey guys, I've got a ticket for sale for the Tuesday Sydney side show if anyone is interested .

Top2Bottom

Top2Bottom Well-Known Member

I hope they mix the set list up from one show to the next. Don't really want to go in knowing exactly what they'll play. Now only a week away! This is gonna be awesome. I'm not sure there is a better festival in the world than Soundwave. Every year the lineup just gets better. I'm booked out solid from like 12:30 until the end with great bands.

Amy

Amy LPA VIP LPA Über VIP

They were awesome, highlight of my day. Worth the 12 year wait to see them, as I haven't been able to make it to any other show they have played in Brisbane!

Joe

I think that's the third time you've had to write that because of the site fucking up. I admire your persistence. :lol:

Amy

Amy LPA VIP LPA Über VIP

Haha, second time in here. If it didn't work this time I was going to just give up!!

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

It's great to hear that you had a fantastic time! Is this a "welcome back to the LPA," Amy?

Amy

Amy LPA VIP LPA Über VIP

I'm here sometimes, I just don't normally say anything!! But maybe...

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Sweet! Well, here's hoping we see you posting more! :)