Thirty Seconds To Mars

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Omar Ali, Jul 20, 2012.

1. RazorEye

RazorEye The light on the horizon...

I don't see how this is hilarious. It's actually pretty fucking cool to be honest. I'm a really massive NASA fanatic, and i've been following the CRS program since it's conception, and something like this would probably give it some good publicity. It's 30 Seconds to Mars after all! That's some well deserved publicity for something as bold as the CRS program.

I'm actually staying up until 2am tonight just to see the launch of SpaceX CRS-2. I usually stay up to see launches like this, unless it's a school night of course! :p

Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
  2. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

3. hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

Fuck yes. My body is ready.

4. RazorEye

Funny how will.i.am's "Reach For the Stars" premiered this exact way aboard the MSL Curiosity Rover. Unfortunately the journey to Mars took eight months instead of 30 seconds :kappa:

Who's gonna be the next artist to send their shit into space? It seems to be a new trend!

EDIT:

[​IMG]

okay... alright.... um.....

WUT?!?!

5. RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

It's my weird sense of humor. It is really cool, but sounds somewhat silly at the same time. "New song called Up In The Air? Fuck that shit, let's put it in space."

6. 2xPutt

2xPutt Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]MAW2lygZC_4[/YOUTUBE]

7. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I think it's funny. It almost sounds like they're trying to make fun of themselves ... but you know that they're being completely serious.

:lol:

8. Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

:huh:

9. RazorEye

It's official! This is the artwork for 30 Seconds to Mars' yet-untitled fourth studio album!

[​IMG]

I've always liked this image, and it seems so peaceful relative to, well, an album appropriately named This Is War.

The new website is brilliant btw: http://thirtysecondstomars.thisisthehive.net/

10. Dekar

Dekar swimmingsmoke LPA VIP

11. RazorEye

If you see the launch replays, they were almost close to stuffing up when the first stage separated. If you look closely, you'll see the Falcon 9 tilt dangerously to the right, but maintaining it's balance again seconds after.

EDIT: Why am I talking science on a 30 Seconds to Mars thread? DAMN YOU SPACEX!

12. RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

I don't think there was enough time to really build up the hype for this launch. What was it, 2 days before the launch it was announced? Also, but I think it was absolutely pointless. Not trying to be negative. Just discussing.

13. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I just want the song. Hopefully going to be legit

14. lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

Don't worry, guys, it's just a zebra! :kappa:

15. hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

I like it. MARS has always had that abstract side to them (please excuse to possibility of terrible wording).

It's nice, that's for sure. They definitely have nice artwork going for them.

The website is brilliant compared to their last one. :lol:

16. RazorEye

Pic of Jared, Shannon and Tomo hanging out at LC-39A, the launch site of famous space programs like Apollo and Space Shuttle, sadly it was decommissioned last month, which makes me wanna cry every time i see a picture of Launch Complex 39.

[​IMG]

17. Cal

Cal LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Tom Delonge will be furious.

18. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I agree.

30STM should shoot a music video in space one day, performance footage and all. I've always imagined such a video for "Echelon"

19. RazorEye

This is going to be a long-shot, but I'm going to predict the new album is in fact going to be called Up in the Air, and the new single is the title track.

The new artwork definitely spell out Up in the Air very obviously. With all the clouds and the general theme of the upper atmosphere in this album cycle. It's all blue, it's all cloudy, it's all very literally Up in the Air. The way the band has been going around using the "Up in the Air" name has been very suspicious as well. Most of the time they will be referring directly to the new single, but sometimes, it seems like they're mentioning something else. One example sees the band call a particular piece of fan art as "Up in the Air inspired", in which obviously there are no zebras to be seen in that picture, nor does the fan art actually mention anything about the single! This is my prediction, and Up in the Air sounds like a good album name.

20. RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

Huh. That actually sounds pretty likely, although I personally feel Up in the Air is a weak name for an album. Then again, we know basically nothing about the album, so my feelings might change.