New Fort Minor album 2014/2015/2016

Discussion in 'Side Projects' started by LinkinParkCroatia, Jan 18, 2013.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

What the fuck? No way.

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

Wow, did not expect this at all!

I've always wanted a 2nd FM album but now that the time has come, and knowing what they're doing with LP, idk how to feel about this. Fort Minor exists solely because Mike didn't think that kind of music/lyrics would fit with LP. But that's part of the past because they pretty much can do anything with LP now. Seeing how he's considering a new FM album, what does that mean for LP?

And even though I really like The Rising Tied (instrumentally it was amazing), I think the people he collabed with saved the record lyrically. Sure, he's improved since then but still, I can't help but having mixed feelings about this.

All I can say is: prove me wrong, Mike, prove me wrong.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I've never been a big fan of the idea of more Fort Minor material, but, with Shinoda's production skillz having come so far since 2005, I think he could make some mean, genre-bending experimental beats and redefine Fort Minor with a brand-new unique sound, as Linkin Park have done once or twice now.

Shinoda's rapping, though, works best within the context of Linkin Park's music, which itself lies within a realm where his only so-called "contemporaries" are rap vocalists in other bands ... which are mostly fading nu-metal acts and whatever. Shinoda is basically the undisputed champion on that battlefield and pretty much always has been, especially with the other musical abilities he possesses.

With "A Thousand Suns" and "Living Things", Shinoda has delivered what many of us consider to be Fort Minor-style lyrics and flows as part of Linkin Park songs and, as far as I'm concerned, it has worked really well and I would love to see that continue.

With all this in mind, a new Fort Minor album would sound amazing and, if there's one coming, we should be excited just for that. I just hope Shinoda doesn't spread himself thin with the rap verses; he was outshone by all his guests during Fort Minor's first run.

Think of it this way: if all the other members of the band want a break from making music, Shinoda can put out music on his own for a little while. It's less about how he can't do this or that with Linkin Park and more about the timing of things - plus, it's a good chance for us fans to once again see what he's capable of on his own. :)

Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
    Limitless Fallout

Limitless Fallout New Member

Wow, 8 years already. How time has passed. I wish it would come out sooner and he made an FM album more often. One album every 10 years? Jesus

DyingThing

DyingThing Banned

It would be better if Mike did something solo again but under a different name, he could work with a bunch of upcoming artists and not be so focused on rap.

I'm only ever excited about Mike's rapping if it's fast like Faint, Burn It Down style rapping sends me to sleep.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Well, he could just use his name (or, like, "M. Shinoda") as he does when he produces and remixes and whatever

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's true as well. I'll end up buying a new FM album anyways so haha in the end, it doesn't really matter xD

I think what I'm most curious for, are the collaborations and more importantly, the lyrics. He's improved a lot on that department.

@LP2K12

@LP2K12 Est. 2K12

The Fort Minor tattoo on my arm is rejoicing.

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Yes! I need my Brad EP

That album was great

Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
    THATgirl

THATgirl You know... The one... That one...

After all the stuff they've pulled out on recent albums I'm wondering what a new Fort Minor album could possibly consist of that's different from the LP of today. It could either be really exciting or just something that could have been better used for LP album #7.

snailharvest

snailharvest nice

When I first heard The Pirate Song, i really didn't like it, and I still don't, but I just listened to the whole of Reseda Beach, and if Styles Of Beyond influence this record to sound anything like it, i'm super happy.

Cylock_Dnb

Cylock_Dnb Well-Known Member

Bump. If Mike did a new FM album with more electronic type beats such as in LT mixed with deeper, more experimental sounds like in ATS AND had rhymes like old tracks such as High Voltage and It's Goin' Down = Jizz.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

I've changed my mind about FM. No thanks. It'd just sound fake and forced.

Actually Idk.

Songs like There They Go would, songs like Where'd You Go? wouldn't.

Lol just realized. Where'd You Go? There they go.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2013
    lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

That is a weird post.

Filip

Thanks, I try.

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

:lol:

Btw. you're already at 3,100! Way to go!

Filip

Yay for summer and having nothing better to do!

Reflectionist

Reflectionist Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

[​IMG]

Nerd42

Nerd42 Well-Known Member

yeah I hope Mike gets some of that early hip hop energy back like in "Step Up." Some of his more recent raps haven't improved the songs they've been in: simple, repetitive crap. Although his singing has been great.

I'm almost positive that the rap verse in "Burn It Down" was added at the label's insistence so that the hip hop fans of Linkin Park would feel reassured from the lead single that there was rapping on the album. Some of the raps on the album were OK, but on "Burn It Down" it was abysmal.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2013
    EastGhost

EastGhost Banned

Um.