What is linkin park WORST song?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Reed To Black, Feb 10, 2013.

mastae

mastae Some Honky

OSC works on the level of a punk nu-metal similar to how Given Up's lyrics work on the level of a punk song.

Don't Stay, however, wallows too much in angst to be punky and that's where I think it falls short.

TEGCRocco

TEGCRocco The LPL Invader

If I had to pick, I would say Cure for the Itch or Session. I was never a fan of the instrumentals, and I still am not a very big fan of TINFOIL off of LIVING THINGS, but I like it more than the other two. If I had to pick an actual song, it would be In Between. Mike just really seems to struggle on it, and it really shows on the album and especially live.

Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

You have Given Up and Don't Stay backward in your post.

Star Scream

Star Scream Does A Machine Like You Ever Experience Fear

"in between" is a song that i cant listen to it's just not a good song for me. sorry :lol:

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Yes, Don't Stay is angsty. But I don't know, I just like the lyrics anyway.

The repeated "sometimes" in the verses just makes me think of those situations where you're totally stressed, and where your thoughs repeat in cycles. This with Chester briefly screaming, and then going "sometimes" again, with the agressive riff behind it, creates a full-of-tension atmosphere. And then, BAM, it explodes with the chorus and the "Fuck all of this" kind of lyrics. But instead of litterally saying "fuck this, fuck you, ...", it explores an other way of saying the same thing. Even if I can't fully relate to them, I think Don't Stay lyrics are really good at getting rid of its negative energy.

Then, I'm not saying they're are genius or anything. But, to me, they're far from being totally crappy.

mastae

mastae Some Honky

Really? I got so much more of a classic punk vibe from Given Up. But to each their own.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I look at TINFOIL as an extended intro for POWERLESS. I think the reason the two songs were split is because of the possibility of POWERLESS being a radio single. With how music on the radio, having an intro to a song longer than 30 seconds seems to be pushing the limit now a days.

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

It could easily have been cut off for radio play, so I don't think that's the reason.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Here's the thing though, you can hear elements from TINFOIL in POWERLESS. Behind the verses and choruses of POWERLESS, you can still hear parts of TINFOIL. Both songs are written in the same tempo, time and key. Also, the working title for POWERLESS was TINFOIL. I'm convinced that they were/are one in the same. When I listen to one or the other seperately, it feels like they are missing each other... Like they are incomplete. Reading the Wiki about POWERLESS and TINFOIL, pretty much confirms everything that I've said as well.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Pick one of Don't Stay, Given Up, Somewhere I Belong and H! Vltg3.

Rosh

Rosh Well-Known Member

H! Vltg3 or In Between hands down.

Everything else has something redeemable about it in my eyes.

Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

I'm stymied that people really hate H! Vltg3. I thought Pharoahe Monch had an awesome verse and the beat reminds me of something DJ Premier would make. If you think H! Vltg3 is worse than some of the straight-up embarrassments that Linkin Park have released as singles, I'd hate to see you guys sit through a Gang Starr or Dilated Peoples album.

Rosh

Rosh Well-Known Member

I am a very musically oriented person (as opposed to lyrics) and those tracks just don't do it for me. UIB almost made my list if it weren't for Brad's part at the end.

I much prefer the High Voltage (Reprise) that they do.

KevinLP

KevinLP Untitled

The only linkin park song i really don't like is In Between

jadesloth

jadesloth it could be worse

I'm not a huge fan of many of the songs on Minutes To Midnight. For me, it's a toss up between the last 5 songs on that album.

CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Well-Known Member

I'll say Robot Boy. I am trying to love it but it's not happening. Also Don't Stay and Session. Personally I like Somewhere I Belong, unlike many of the people.

alexbism

alexbism Well-Known Member

New DIvide :).

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Very true - while "H! Vltg3" is by no means my favourite track on "Reanimation", Pharoahe Monch's verse is one of the best on the album. Hell, most of the guest raps on that album are great. :) I definitely get why many Linkin Park fans might not be into the track, though

Shmoanator

Shmoanator Guest

I don't. I personally love that song to bits. I just don't understand why everyone hates it.

20. Suffered

Suffered All we need is faith

I don't know, just the whole instrumental of the song is irritating to me. I really don't like it. But I don't have problems with the track itself.