Dry Cell/Beyond Control

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by sup103, Dec 29, 2003.

sup103

sup103 Ambient

What ever happened to them? Does anyone know (*cough*Will*cough*) where I can keep up with them? I love this band alot, and I need new songs or news, or something.

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

I don't know if they have a new label or whatever, but I know they got dropped. They're ditching Disconnected, and uh... nevermind, let Will post what's going on :lol:.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Well, I'm sure you already know about their situation.

They signed with Epic records at the end of the summer, and they're still looking for a new vocalist. They're going to be putting out an EP in the spring, but that's as far as I know.

Danny said that the songs are really wicked but they don't have any vocals recorded for any of the songs. I don't know if they're going to get Judd to sing or not. I don't really know anything about it.

My guess is that they'll just dedicate Judd to vocals and get another bassist. But that's just what I think.

They don't have any site as of right now. (They even told me I couldn't help design it. :( )

sup103

sup103 Ambient

Hmm, I tried looking on Epic's website eariler and couldnt find them. Thats awesome that they have an EP coming out, I guess ill have to keep checking Epic's site until they have a offical site.

Will

Once it gets closer to the time their EP comes out, I'm sure they'll have some information on them put on Epic's web site.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Keep checking http://www.drycellrockers.cjb.net , that's their best fansite and there's sometimes up to date stuff with exclusive interviews with the band and whatnot.

Can't wait for the new stuff.`

dashboard1

dashboard1 Member

I remember there first single, Body Crumbles...that was a good song, but the singer to me sounded so much like Chester, so I didn't like it anymore.

Amy

Amy LPA VIP LPA Über VIP

Dry Cell/Beyond Control ( :p ) are awesome. It will be good to hear new stuff by them!!

coley8605

coley8605 Guest

Hey guys,
    I run the Dry Cell Rockers fan site, and I just wanted to say that you guys are by FAR the most educated about Dry Cell that I've seen on any forums so far. Haha so refreshing. :) It is hard when they don't have a publicist to let the world know what's going on with them, but hopefully that will change soon.

Yeah, they've just been working on new stuff, and they're up to around 7 or 8 new songs by now. They ultimately want to just get a new singer because Judd doesn't want to hold all the responsibilities of taking the lead again. (And Epic also wants to give the singer some image he's not ready for.)

Once they do settle with a new guy, they'll be able to put up a new web site, street team, mailing list, etc, and things will get going again. I have to say though, that they could be all over right now if they wanted to. They've turned down some pretty big opportunities already because they know that they don't want to sell out.

Anyway, I'll quit blabbing... But I just wanted to throw that in... Any q's about the band, send 'em over to [email protected] - I usually have the band answer a couple fans' questions a week.

-Nicole

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Thanks for signing up, Nicole! And thanks for the update! I didn't know they had 7 or 8 instrumentals recorded already waiting to have vocals laid down on them. The new stuff should be amazing. Velvet Elvis, Pee Wee and Grape Jelly were insanely good, and I'm sure the new vocalist will do fine.

coley8605

coley8605 Guest

I just thought I'd let you know that our new fan site for Dry Cell is ImpurVisions. www.impurvisions.com- We'll soon have all of the songs the band ever released to the public online, including the "Disconnected" album that was never released. Right now we have a few songs up for download that were never set to go on the disc. Some FYI for ya. ^_^

Will

Great job on the site, Nicole. I see you and David finally got a domain. Is Dry Cell Rockers being shut down? I heard you guys were going to merge. And by "old" songs, does that include Impur and some of the really old stuff?

coley8605

coley8605 Guest

David designed it, so he deserves the credit. :) Dry Cell Rockers will eventually just redirect to ImpurVisions once I have moved everything over...

And the band really doesn't want their old stuff up on the site. They say it's like looking at a paper somebody wrote in 3rd grade and then looking at a paper they wrote in college. It doesn't really compare. There is always the possibility of putting up demos which ultimately came from the band as they were known as Impur, but nothing will go up from when they were Beyond Control. Not even their family and friends hears that stuff anymore. B)

Will

That's too bad. I'd love to hear all their older songs. But it's up to them. And, yeah, I know David did the layout. I complimented him on it a few weeks ago. I really hope your guys' site blows up like LPA. :)

sup103

sup103 Ambient

Wow, I never heard Grape Jelly or Pee Wee. I have a question, are these songs without Judd? I think Dry Cell is one of my favorite bands now. :D

Will

"Grape Jelly," "Pee Wee" and "Velvet Elvis" were the last songs the band recorded with Jeff. They have Judd on them.

sup103

sup103 Ambient

Err, crap, I always get Jeff and Judd mixed up. :lol:

kobrakai

kobrakai Ambient

Okay, so I have at least 2 versions of each of the songs on "Disconnected", and 2 versions of "I Confide".. :mellow: am I supposed to? Does anyone else?

coley8605

coley8605 Guest

Yeah, there's a bunch of demos floating around. 2 or 3 of a lot of the songs.

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

Yes, I do, too.

Not much of a difference between them, though.