New Divide on ATS?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Brandon Torio, Apr 18, 2013.

Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

I think that isn't a detrimental thing if it's supplemental things. We live in a post-Naptser musical world and I expect merchandise as being a totally sane, rational thing to do to prop up a life creating art that costs nothing to duplicate. When it starts cutting into the art, that is where it gets weird, and that is where the amount of corporatism gets uncomfortable.

It's ruined the Iridescent video. LP have been on the soundtracks for many movies in the past without being bothersome about it. When it starts infecting their songs and their videos, those things start to change the meaning of their works. The Iridescent video could have been about the one eyed king who ruled over the blind. The added symbolism combined with the song and the very interesting set and costume design would have made it one of the best videos they have ever done. But then there's Transformers. How am I supposed to factor them in? What's their symbolic impact on the story the rest of the video establishes? One-Eye Mike doesn't appear in the movie, so it's like some alternative universe junk that also includes all the mythology brought over from the Bayformers movie? I can't make sense of the video at all now. Can't come up with a sensible interpretation. It's fubar. And it makes me incredibly disappointed because it was looking like it was going to be awesome.

1M is testing 9M's memory, clearly. But then this introduces the possibility that 9M would remember that 1M would totally test him, and the two are engaged in a battle of wits looking for signs that the other isn't faking faking faking faking faking ignorance.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2013
    Melis

Melis when you're feeling empty, keep me in your memory LPA Super Member

This.

Ginger

Ginger Orangutan LPA VIP

no.