Your Own Best Friend

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by DIEtryin2, Jan 20, 2004.

DIEtryin2

DIEtryin2 Member

i feel closer to alot of my online friends more than my real life bestfriend....... are you guys like that too? i feel closer to alot of you on here than her.... :wth: ..oh and whats the worst thing your bestfriend ever did to you cause... we're in a fight :(

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

im confused..

first.. Welcome :p

second: Tell the whooooooooooole story instead of going into another subject :p

Logan

Logan Well-Known Member

:chemist:
    go outside

Alacrity

Alacrity don't stop talking to me; i haven't been listening LPA Super Member

go outside [/b][/quote]
    I agree. Also, if you feel closer to other people than her, then she might not be your best friend after all. If you guys are in a fight then try to work it out. Hope I helped ^_^

Hana

Hana i are scientists LPA Super Member

Well... I feel much closer to my online friends than to some from the 'real world'... I'm a different person online and 'offline'... I try to be friendly to everyone on the internet, but in real life, I'm so...unsociable... :chemist:

Hybrid_Bunny

Hybrid_Bunny Super Member LPA Super Member

Ditto.

Debus

Debus Morbid Fascination LPA Addict

Well, i have more of a laugh with my mates online than with my other friends and i probably share more with you than i do with them. I feel as if people online can be trusted more at times with your feelings cuz they can't really go and spread it everywhere. I am equaly as close to you guys as i am to my other friends basicaly ^_^

Anthony.

Anthony. .Orestes LPA Super VIP

Those are 2 different things. People online can be your friends but not the same way as in the real life... I've got to agree with you all, go outside :D . You always need a contact with "reality".

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

*Hillbilly voice* Mah own best freund is muh weinur. He stays wit me all da timeee... :lol:

The worst thing my best friend did to me (real life) is flirt with a girl I was trying to win over. Bad idea. ;) And yes, my online friends are closer. Like for example, Will and me keep thinking we are brothers.

Anthony.

Anthony. .Orestes LPA Super VIP

Did I read... weiner :eek: :lol: .

I'm sure that girl stealer lost a couple of teeths in the process :lol: .

LornVourkolakas

LornVourkolakas About To Blow Chunks

go outside [/b][/quote]
    No offense, Logan, but I think that was uncalled for. What if the person who posted has Social Anxiety Disorder? What if they aren't allowed around too many people? What if they are just plain shy? Or if their parents don't allow them out? I took offense to what you said. Although I know that you didn't mean any harm, still, I find that uncalled for.

I too at times feel closer to my online friends. Call me a lowlife. Tell me to go outside. I don't care. It is just the way I feel and if you have a problem with that, deal with it. ;)

The reason to why I feel closer to online friends is because from my experience, people online seem kinder. Even if they might be some rapist. (I have cameras around my house, so I don't care) They actually seem to care and they're funny as hell. While my real life friends, I only get to see them at school. And just for a little while since I barely have any classes with them. While online I have more time to chat and interact.

Perhaps I need a life... When I'm 18... I promise... :whistle:

John.

John. i am corruption LPA Super Member

I wouldn't know, I don't have any friends. :(

J-Flex

J-Flex Ambient

:eek:
    did you made a copy me?
    (w00t) he found a way to copy my self !!!
    :chemist: not a matrix fan but i like these woords :D

LPNeSSRGB

LPNeSSRGB Super Member LPA Super Member

I feel a lot closer to my offline friends...but the time I spend with my online friends is great too, but personally, I need that personal contact with my friends in order to be close to them.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Did I read... weiner :eek: :lol: .

I'm sure that girl stealer lost a couple of teeths in the process :lol: . [/b][/quote]
    No I just dont talk to him anymore, he was trying to score on Brianna. And if your one of my friends you know that if you try to mack on Brianna, the girl I like, you're gonna get a foot up the ass.

Funny thing is, Brianna complained to ME that he was flirting. You know the f*cker had little chance when the girl he was trying to put a move on, complained about him.

All I have to say is LOSER! And if I actually date Brianna I am going to laugh at him so bad, cause he had the nerve to mess with me.

Whimsicality

Whimsicality I broke the dam.

I actually feel kinda like this...There are three or four people I know in real life and am very close to (though only one lives in the same STATE as me), but I have many online friends I feel very close too, in different ways. In real life I'm just generally anti-social.

I actually don't think this is weird though. On the internet you have access to more people, and you can get a feeling of their interests from places like this, message boards. It automatically gives you an idea of stuff to talk about. In R/L it's the usual "Hi." "Hi." "How are you?" "Good, how are you?" "Good." *awkward silence*

Here, and on a couple other message boards, I can name a few favorite bands and a hobby or two of a bunch of people I don't personally know.

Amy

Amy LPA VIP LPA Über VIP

I think I'm pretty close with both people online and that are living around me. Sometimes it feels like I'm closer with the people online... that is probably because I feel better telling them everything and I don't trust people I live near very much.

Birger

Birger Well-Known Member

50% of all my friends have I met over the net and most of them I've also become IRL-friends with. It's not that hard really to understand, since I have huge problems with looking people in the eyes and if I get to know people via MSN or IRC I won't have too :)

Logan

Logan Well-Known Member

but that's all 'what if'
    what if he/she lived on mars and could not go outside because there was no air?

ya get what i'm saying.

sure spend the rest of your life in your house.
    i don't realy care.
    but if you realy have a problem making friends try to solve it.
    it wont solve itself.

emmmers

emmmers Super Member LPA Super Member

Most people I chat with are actually people I know in real life. :huh: But I agree its much easier to talk online than person to person.