Chester Bennington Confirms Joining Stone Temple Pilots as Lead Singer, Possible New Album & Tour

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, May 19, 2013.

Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

:facepalm:

Instead of cutting apart this horrible sentence, I will instead give everyone a small piece of trivia: Hardcore is a rather old genre of EDM, including subgenres such as Rave, Gabber, Rotterdam, Terrorcore, Speedcore and others. It is characterized by high beats per minute.

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

STP are already a very respected band in the rock scene, and they have made some legendary music in the 90's. And Chester voice fits their music a lot. I don't think there is any doubt to have about the quality of their music in general. Now, you might or might not like their style, but I'm personnaly sure it will deliver well:).

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

So happy for the man. Chester has had such an amazing and blessed career.

Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

I don't know what to say about this but its definitely a pain on the ass for Chester... I don't know what holds the future of LP..... LINKIN PARK, you better watch out because your future will about to change... :lol: :alf: I'm predicting a hiatus after the 6th album or maybe not.. I hope no hiatus on the future..

MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

I knew Linkin Park was gonna break up, I just knew it. Oh well, looks like more Fort Minor is coming soon.

/sarcasm

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

"It's not work when you're having fun.." - Chester

Definitely not a pain in the ass for Chester my friend.

Aditya_the_warrior_within

Aditya_the_warrior_within The Fire Rises

This one is amazed. This one approves and wait, cannot!

NotEnoughYetTooMuch

NotEnoughYetTooMuch Well-Known Member

Didn't want to be a pessimist but I guess they might not break up but they might not make anything any better than LT.
    I don't know why I have a bad feeling about this, but that is probably why, just because they say something doesn't mean it can't turn out to be different in the long run.
    I'm going to hold onto hopes that that statement is false because maybe my excitement for Chester being in a band he looked up to for so long is translating itself into anxiety.
    How is he not freaking out, I would be.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

And we all should've believed you. :( So naive

Geki

Geki >.

I know there is no reason to be worried about this, but I honestly am very worried. It's kind of making me sick, being the hardcore LP fan that I am. LP has pretty much shaped my entire life up to this point, it sounds kind of weird, but it's true. I would NEVER have imagined that Chester would ever become the lead singer for another band besides his solo project, and I can't get used to this. I love the song to pieces, and I like STP a lot, but I can't help but feel worried for the future of Linkin Park. It just seems unnatural to me. I don't really understand how Mike and the rest of LP can be ok with this, to be honest. I guess I'm just immature and can't understand. Idk. I know the music will be great, but I don't want LP to ever change. I thought LP was doing better now then they ever have been in terms of being focused and being one as a group...

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

There is no other way for me to express my feelings that saying it in spanish: Coñísimo de la madre.

:facepalm: Did people even WATCH the freaking video? I mean how can one honestly say that this "doesn't cope well for Linkin Park" or that anyone should be worried when Chester f-ing Charles himself leaves absolutely no doubt that he will NOT leave the band or COMPROMISE Linkin Park due to involvement in side projects?

He made it crystal clear: Linkin Park IS his NUMBER ONE priority, Stone Temple Pilots is a dream come true for him, he just can't say no to that. Hell, if LP asked me one day to be their lead singer I wouldn't even have to blink my eyes before saying YES (I would have to be famous first and also have a good voice to begin with :lol:).

God, a wall is more capable of understanding that piece of information.

Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

In other words, we need a statement or explanation from Mike or Brad about the situation.. LPTV where are you???

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

I'm not sure if it can be classified as "statement" but Phoenix was pretty much there in the venue watching (AND enjoying) Chester performing with STP last night.

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

You don't need to worry. This is just a SIDE PROJECT! Trust me Linkin Park will not split up, they won't lose grip of who they are. Yes, Fort Minor is making another album after the next Lp album, but this was planned way before. And Chester isn't just going to screw off the band for some side project.

Geki

Geki >.

Just because someone says something, doesn't mean it is always true. Scott said in a 2011 STP interview that he plans on making around 5 more albums with STP, and that didn't turn out to be true now did it? I am almost positive that LP will not break up or lose Chester over this, but things will certainly be different from now on, and I am not 100% convinced that LP is okay. Another thing I want you guys to realize is that this is not a side project. Chester is the now the lead singer for STP, who have been around way longer than LP has, and they are a big name. A side project is a one off thing like DBS was, while this is an entirely different situation.

Last edited: May 20, 2013
    NotEnoughYetTooMuch

NotEnoughYetTooMuch Well-Known Member

I agree.

RatedRsuperstar0303

RatedRsuperstar0303 Well-Known Member

Scott was also unreliable. Comparing them isn't fair to Chester. I highly doubt this will compromise LP. They love what they do and it's healthy for the members to be open to eachother working on other music. THAT would destroy LP not this.

Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

I know what it is. Phoenix is planning his revenge. When Chester comes to rejoin LP, he will be like "No, you have to audition first! HAH! Go stand in line!" and then start cackling so long that the other guys are just standing there in stunned silence. Phi has been waiting 13 years for this day.

I can see a reason to be worried, but why choose to be worried? If bad times are in the future, then cross that bridge when you get to it. No use in wailing about the future when times now are good. Carpe Diem and all that jazz.

All these reasons are speculative anyway. When there's nothing you can do about something, and no evidence of bad things to come, just play the optimist card.

MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

Linkin Park should change their name to Techno Park or Electronic Park.... yes i am trolling :)

Geki

Geki >.

Idk. I usually try and be positive all the time, but this for some reason has me really worried. I wasn't even worried in 2005 when LP was actually on hiatus and Mike had a whole new project, and Chester had several projects (Snow White Tan, Bucket Of Weenies) and it took from 2003 to 2007 for an album to come out. The reason that this bothers me is because it IS Stone Temple Pilots. This has been his favorite band for most of his life. Him becoming the lead singer is HUGE. And the comments he did make about LP in that interview are a bit weird to me. I know he keeps saying this won't interfere with LP at all, but maybe he doesn't realize that it does, and it he also doesn't realize this from a die-hard LP fans perspective. Maybe I am crazy. I admit it. But I just have a horrible gut feeling about this and it's been bothering me ever since this announcement. It's also a bit odd to me that Mike has not spoke about this at all, either. He was very supportive of DBS and he made announcements and posts about this, but he hasn't yet for STP at all. I know a lot of people will think I am crazy or stupid, but LP is a big part of my life. Like all my clothes are LP, I have tons of Linkin Park and Chester tattoos on my body, I have seen LP 14 times (+ FM and DBS). LP has helped me form my relationships with people and they helped form memories I have of places and people, too. I've been a lot of places because of LP, traveling all over to see them. They helped me when I had a gun to my head when I was 15. I just don't want to lose LP or their music...I'm just worried.

Last edited: May 20, 2013