SUPERMAN; MAN OF STEEL

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Snail, Apr 17, 2013.

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

Oooohhh, that's the first time we've seen his :lazars:

Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

I'm pretty sure the "Clark Kent" Persona won't be in this movie. The Daily Planet will be I think. At least in some form (it has to be, as why would Lois Lane, Perry White et all be even involved?). Though I can imagine him picking up the glasses at the end of the film. How they'd make it work is hard to say. :/

Also, must. not. watch. anymore. trailers. I've seen everything up to trailer 3, I'm worried anything more might spoil things :lol:

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

[video=youtube;mQG6F76On-M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQG6F76On-M[/video]

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

Yep - definitely keen as fuck.

Justin V.

Justin V. Professional Lurker

There are set photos of him in civilian clothing, as an adult. And he looks pretty nerdy (bike, messenger bag, dressy shirt & tie). No glasses though.

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

Just trust Snyder and Nolan. They can make it work. OK maybe not Snyder, but hey, Nolan made Batman from Alan-West cheesy to awesome in just three movies, and Snyder had the guts to make Watchmen, like it or not. If Clark Kent joins the Daily Planet and becomes nerdy, they will make him the most badass nerd reporter on the planet. (no pun intended)

Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

He grows up as Clark Kent, on the farm in Smallville. It's all there. Glasses were apparently seen in some Comic Con reel.

And yes the Daily Planet is in for the reasons you say.

Chris Nolan did not make this film, I wish people would stop acting like he did. Snyder is directing & Goyer is writing, & their track records are quite spotty. Nolan is producing but his involvement was limited due to making The Dark Knight Rises at the same time.

Tim Burton films? The 90's animated series? The comics long before those two, even? Outside the Schumacher films Batman hadn't been campy for decades before Nolan came around.

Sunset

Sunset Well-Known Member

[video=youtube;alFr55dM7b0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alFr55dM7b0[/video]

[video=youtube;cIpeM9-YI8Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=cIpeM9-YI8Y[/video]

[video=youtube;LQVq6vwMn0I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LQVq6vwMn0I[/video]

Last edited: May 30, 2013
    The Joesen One

O.O

[video=youtube;dwYatpwrs8s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dwYatpwrs8s[/video]

Sunset

Sunset Well-Known Member

This is way too much. The movie will be great, I'm sure of it

MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

This, this, and a whole bunch of this. I actually have friends telling me not to doubt Superman working as a film (because that worked so well the 5? times they tried it before?) because Christopher Nolan was involved. Producing is not the same as sitting behind the camera and directing it, and I'm pretty sure if Christopher Nolan could have thought a way to ground Superman over Batman, we'd have a Man of Steel trilogy, not a Dark Knight one.

Zack Snyder has directed 5 movies, FIVE, prior to Man of Steel, and they were all mediocre at best: Dawn of the Dead, 300, Watchmen, that one crappy animated owl movie, and Sucker Punch. Crap zombie movie, dry Spartan movie, worst comic book movie after The Punisher, owls, and a terrible rip-off of Precious.

While Goyer did help bring The Dark Knight trilogy to screen, he also brought us Ghost Rider 2 and The Unborn.

The Joesen One

Sure, Goyer wrote the screenplay, but explain to me why the credits say "Story by Christopher Nolan and David S. Goyer", and why Nolan kept calling Goyer's screenplay "fantastic". Maybe Goyer belongs and shines in DC movies, considering that he sucks in other genres.

Then again, Nolan liked Superman Returns.

Then again, advanced screenings were released to glowing reviews, unlike Ghost Rider 2 and Sucker Punch which people already warned others not to see.

MKH

Because Goyer pitched the idea to Nolan who refined it before taking it to WB, as he already had status with them due to the success of Begins and TDK. I'm not saying Goyer didn't help make the TDK trilogy what it was, in fact I said he DID help explicitly, I'm just saying we shouldn't get our hopes up about doing EVERY DC story right since that's all he can do right.

Man of Steel looks more grounded, sure, and I don't know how you can possibly due worse than Returns, but we'll see. I was just explaining the side of people who didn't jump on the bandwagon and think that anything with Nolan's name on it is immediately gold.

The Joesen One

I never had my hopes up in Green Lantern. I see your point, though. Sorry for misunderstanding.

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

'Wayne Enterprises' is included Man of Steel. Snyder included the logo as a homage to Nolan's batman films.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

all the trailers and spoilers I've seen/read have me hyped.

MKH

I think it'd be more hyped if they didn't blast me with TV spots every 8 minutes, 5 trailers, 9 TV spots, toy lines that have key scenes already laid out, and the like. I mean, I'll check it out anyway, but I'm definitely not as "OMG HERE WE GO, HERE WE GO, HERE WE GO!" before TDK or TDKR came out. Maybe that's because Superman hasn't established himself yet, though.

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

Annnnnnnnnd the reviews suck. Probably not seeing this now. What the fuck

Sunset

Sunset Well-Known Member

I know Metacritic gave it 55/100, but many users (on imdb) rated it 8-9-10/10. And the same thing on rottentomatoes, critics 58%, average user rating 4.2/5. I strongly believe it will be at least an 8 for me, which is enough.

MKH

I too was very surprised by what I saw on RT, but I know not to take those reviews to heart - The Hangover Part III was nestled in at 20% for quite a few days and I enjoyed the hell out of that movie.

I'll find out on Saturday for myself.