Kanye West - Yeezus

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by RazorEye, May 19, 2013.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

Hey, thanks for contributing that worthwhile opinion to this thread.

Lazarus, Yeezus... hmmmm....

Justin V.

Justin V. Professional Lurker

Burned.

Back on topic: After reading the interview he did about the album, I still feel he's the same Kanye. He's just as egotistical and just as open to partnership and collaboration.

I will admit he's egotistical in a way I can relate to being a musician. We just had a huge Omaha Entertainment & Art showcase with 80 plus bands. The winner opens up for Flaming Lips here in the summer. And I'm like "WE'RE ARE THE BEST BAND IN OMAHA!" So I get why some people despise him but I think it comes from a place a lot of artists can relate to but don't necessarily go to because of the backlash. So I'm glad he's at a point in his career where he can really disappear, make music and drop it without having to think about labels and figures and marketing. Make dope music, finish it, release it. I like it.

Slowly, a lot of the artist I like that I consider to be on opposite ends of the spectrum are coming closer together. Trent Westnor is welcome as a lot of hip-hop (even very good hip-hop) it just meh. The only joints I feel are Kendrick's album and Lupe's random songs/features.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Yeah. For musicians who don't have those kinds of resources, "make dope music, finish it, release it" is what we do in this day and age. It's what we've always done. It's basically second-nature to us. And there are a lot of factors as to why, all seemingly relating to the Internet, its relationship with the major label system that is often labelled as "archaic" and the way it has changed the way we live in general.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

I love that track.

[​IMG]

Justin V.

A) A lot of artists would kill for the Major Label push when it comes to marketing, merch, distribution, tour set up etc.

B) You have to acknowledge than in the arena of Kanyes, Jay-Zs, Lady Gagas & Taylor Swifts he IS kind of going against the grain with this release and I personally find it kind of cool because I know the label is probably breathing down his neck trying to maximize profits. He's saying he's achieved a lot and he's a bit tired of the album release rat-race. A far cry from 50 Cent vs Kanye levels of media hype.

Being in a band that's released music I personally think the "make dope music, finish it, release it" is what my band does because we don't have any other choice. We're trying to tour and just setting up a midwest tour is completely insane.

I think it's cool he's using his position as a platinum artist to use all his resources and friends to make the album he wants to make, which is getting 808s & Heartbreak levels of hate from Kanye stans. He knows if people think the music will be great (based on their previous perceptions) he doesn't need to advertise. Taylor Swift was on my dang Papa John's pizza box with her Red media blitz. Kanye has some projectors on streets, some posters and an interview.

minuteforce

Definitely - even though I can't deny my bias, I really wasn't advocating one or the other. It definitely is cool that Kanye's taking a more minimalistic approach to releasing this album. And you're right: getting signed by a major is certainly still desirable for many.

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

Not "burned" at all, probably because I don't understand the second part of your post.

Justin V.

Moving on....

This thing needs to leak.

Filip

On Sight is incredible. Can't wait. Everything from the album that he played so far sounds amazing. Send It Up <3

Is the tracklisting on Wikipedia real?

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

Well, they got it from Amazon. 85% probability it's real

Filip

RazorEye

RazorEye The light on the horizon...

This is just amazing viewing this album as a consumer. Absolutely no promotion and no singles and, for that matter, no official details other than a name and a North American release date! In addition to that, absolutely non-existent graphic design and clear packaging. Yet he has somehow built up one of the most anticipated albums of the year and ignited the music industry in the space of a month! If that is not solid platinum proof that Kanye West is one of the most influential and most respected musicians of all time, I don't know what is.

minuteforce

Not to mention as a fan too. :)

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

Filip

^I still can't believe he won't have a cover/booklet/single/video or anything and this is definitely gonna be one of the most successful albums of the year.

LEAKED

in pretty good quality too.​
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

8/10 Definitely didn't disappoint, but didn't blow me away like I thought it would. Most tracks are missing the anger from the live performances. Especially the two ''singles'', Black Skinhead and New Slaves.

Favourite: Send It Up.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2013
    SuperMotorUpside

SuperMotorUpside Member

It leaked. It's all over Twitter, reddit and everywhere. Is it good? It's incredible.

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

GOAT Ye album, AOTY

Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

Fucking love the beat to "Send It Up." It's got this noisy, Bomb Squad quality to it.

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

On first listen, I still prefer MBDTF, but this album has higher highs. As well as lower lows.

20. Jayhov

Jayhov Well-Known Member

Is black skinhead suppose to have those pauses at the beginning?