Xbox One VS PS4

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Star Scream, Jun 19, 2013.

?

Xbox One or PS4

Poll closed Jul 29, 2013.
  1. Xbox One

29.0%
  2. PS4

71.0%
    Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Amazon has the PlayStation Camera for 60 iirc, so you'll still be paying less if you choose to own the peripheral.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

The PSEye will retail at 59$ The PS4 and the PSEye = $460. The PS4 also comes with a headset and one controller. Still cheaper than the Xbox One. There's also been a ton of people saying that the DS4 is a huge improvement over the DS3 and is awesome, including those who hated previous Playstation controllers.

For someone going into this thread stating "Might as well be a hate on Xbox One thread" you've been the one that has done the most hating on anything and come across as a bit ignorant, no offense.

Anyway, I agree. There needs to be some PS4 modding done, the potential is there.

[​IMG]
    Modern Retro!

http://www.extreme-mods.com/Cyberchrome-Case-for-Playstation-3-PS3-Slim-by-XCM_p_234.html will probably do it.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2013
    Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

I actually like both the 360 and PS3 controllers. Never understood why it's such a divisive issue. Transitioning between the two of them has been easy for me.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Shame on me for not doing my homework for prices. Also, I haven't really been hating on PS4, I said that I am going to be a hard sell. Have I hated Sony and Sony products in the past? Yes. Will I buy a Playstation if I get thoroghly impressed by the way it feels and things? Possibly. Am I a fan of their exclusives? Not really. Am I open to what new things they might bring out? Yes. I will claim ignorance on behalf of both products because I have yet to see with my own eyes and feel how they handle. Who knows, I might hate how the XBOX One feels or handles and love the Playstation 4. All I'm saying is that I think it is still very early in the game to count one or the other out. Both, I'm sure, are going to retail well.

MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

This thread needs fresh blood:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/18/nintendos-used-game-policy-make-games-people-wont-sell

sotrix

sotrix @lplive

There are people like me who genuinely believe Xbox One is the better console. Dismissing them or suggesting their reasoning is somehow flawed is blind favoritism towards Sony.

Judging by the E3 games chart, every title I'm even vaguely interested in is coming to either Xbox One or PC. There are no Sony exclusives that excite me.

Chut and Lund, your friend would be able to tether the Xbox to his phone and connect to the internet that way (check-in is a few KB once a day).

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I'd like to point out that the majority of my arguments have been about Microsoft's stance on how to deal with gamers and on DRM than the actual XBone and exclusives itself. On that note, the games I'd actually love to play that are not on PS4 are on PC.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

I figured this would be the appropriate thread to post this:

Microsoft to backtrack on Xbox One games DRM and "always online"

[​IMG]

Microsoft is set to announce it will remove DRM restrictions on Xbox One games and the need for you to have the new Xbox "always online". Sources tell whathifi.com that Microsoft is set to announce the changes later today, with games developers being informed first.

The Xbox One was announced last week at E3 alongside the new PS4, with Sony's new PlayStation drawing first blood thanks to the higher Xbox One price and apparent restrictions surrounding games and offline play.

Microsoft announced that users would need to connect the Xbox One to the internet once every 24 hours in order to keep playing. DRM (digital rights management) would also seemingly restrict you from sharing Xbox One games with friends or indeed selling them on second-hand.

Sony was quick to capitalise, changing the PS4 launch to poke fun at the Xbox One's perceived restrictive nature and highlighting the fact that there would be no such issues aroud the PS4 (even if PS4 games publishers' can seemingly still choose to add DRM).

It seems Microsoft has listened and is set to change its mind on both DRM on Xbox One games and the always online requirement.

Source: http://www.whathifi.com/news/microsoft-to-back-track-on-xbox-one-games-drm-and-always-online

----------

Someone called the firemen because their house was on fire?

Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

Rumours. Although, Giant Bomb are reporting it and they are pretty huge & reliable.

MKH

I don't buy into that for a second. Companies need to follow the Apple model and just stick by their words and prices - it's not like all the griping about how overpriced MacBook's and iPad's are has exactly put a dent in their sales. There's always a community out there who will buy your product, Microsoft.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I would most likely buy the XBO regardless of the silly restrictions, but I did recall thinking to myself that Microsoft would most likely go back and rethink some things. I really did think that Playstations approach was childish, albeit smart, to go after Microsoft like they did. I remember watching that "How to share Playstation 4 games" tutorial saying to myself how low and childish that was. Anyways, I hope what Andreina said was true just because I'm sick of watching people bitch about it.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

If they take off the restrictions, I'll give them props. It isn't bad to retract some of your decisions, it's embarrassing, yes, but those particular restrictions were just pure BS.

Jesse

It's official.

Your Feedback Matters – Update on Xbox One
    By Don Mattrick, President, Interactive Entertainment Business posted June 19, 2013 at 2:00 PM

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/update

snailharvest

snailharvest nice

Wasn't gonna get either. Now i'm defo getting the One! :D.

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

Maybe the poll needs to start over now.

MKH

Agreed, we're going to see loyalty be bought once again.

Jesse

[​IMG]

:lol:

Microsoft, now, get rid of mandatory Kinect, price it 100$ cheaper, and get rid of F2P and media services behind a paywall. A lot of people will be happy.

MKH

"Also, similar to today, playing disc based games will require that the disc be in the tray."

Thanks a lot, internet.

The world is moving to an always online environment aaand we're back to square one.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2013
    Jesse

If the world is moving to an always online environment, why is over half of the world incapable of doing that then? *sigh*

I remember Microsoft adamantly saying that the console was designed ground up for the "features" they were promising and that there was no way at all to remove the DRM, they kept saying it multiple times while that the cloud would be infinitely beneficial, that the PS4 would not make them reconsider, that the PS4 was not a threat, that changing their stance was impossible. Their backpedaling on this issue just proves to me they're liars and not to be trusted and that the "infinite power of the cloud" was just PR buzzword nonsense. Microsoft will win back a lot of people but I don't take to being played like a fool so easily. They lied.

MKH

I said moving, not that it was there today. The world changes from first to third world countries, not the other way.