Xbox One

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Delicious Dave, May 21, 2013.

1. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I understand what you're trying to say, yes. I disagree with it and I respond according. I'm sorry I called you an apologist. I don't quite understand what's so wrong about trying to win an argument though... so yeah.

2. MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

EDIT: Woops, thought I had this posted right after you, Isadore.

Sinking to his level probably won't change a thing, although I will admit "greedy" is beyond harsh of a label to someone who either can afford to buy games new or simply opts to do that instead of letting scum like GameStop make all the profit.

Back on topic, I'd really like to see a physical CD casing soon, just to imagine the weight and feel of it. I'm really liking the simplicity behind the green and white all over. I still hope MS has enough time to somehow authenticate discs per console/account to see quick-swapping even with disc-based games through, but I'm not betting on it.

Apparently the actual box itself is slightly heavier than the 360 S, which is expected as it looks bigger, and it's honestly fine - I don't know about anyone else, but I usually don't dance with my Xbox in hand, nor use it for weight training.

3. Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

You aren't acting any more civil than Jesse by essentially calling everyone who didn't want to buy the Xbox One after E3 a cheap whiner. For all the talk about how impartial you guys are, you are all acting like a bunch of fanboys. Like Keaton said earlier, it's about the games, right? We can all agree the games look good, so stop being so damn bitter about people changing their minds about which console they want to buy or being okay with DRM or what the fuck ever. You guys are better than this.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2013
  4. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Everyone in this thread needs to seriously calm the fuck down.

5. Jesse

6. sotrix

sotrix @lplive

With digital licenses there are plenty of cases where there is no first-sale doctrine e.g. Steam, Amazon, iTunes, Google Play, etc.

If the family share plan was a 60-minute demo then it's good they never clarified that. Imagine the reactions.

I hope they figure out a way to eliminate disc checking for installed games.

7. MKH

Preach - I love having my physical discs, but quick-swapping seemed sooo promising.

8. snailharvest

snailharvest nice

This thread is literally filled up with long ass posts from Jesse hating on the Xbox One. If you like the PS4 get your ass in that thread. I don't see anynone making hate posts about the PS4. I know you want to express your opinion about it but, please.. restrain yourself. I don't wanna see long posts about how the console i'm looking on here for because i'm thinking about buying one is shit. That's all I ask, okay? Thanks. :lol:

Basically, what I mean is can we all stop arguing, and if you don't like the Xbox One, we get it. There's no need to constantly post about how shit you think it is.

9. Jesse

I've already went over how this is an unfair comparison, I had the forethought to bring it up before it was mentioned because I knew it would be mentioned. In any case the only thing Microsoft had to do was remove discs from their system altogether and people would have been fine with it.

This is a thread about Xbox One, why would I focus on PS4? The good and the bad will be discussed and trying to deny that is basically saying "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all!" , which is not something I'd agree with. As it is, Microsoft fixed the things that were most disliked about the system, because of those who spoke out against it, even when they were told to be silent, and I hardly have anything against it anymore. It still offers everything it set out to do, without restricting consumers rights. I call that a win.

Now moving onto other important matters.

The official Xbox One headset

[​IMG]

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/21/xbox-one-headset-revealed

Last edited: Jun 22, 2013
  10. MKH

11. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

[​IMG]

12. Jesse

1. I don't believe Microsoft, if it were true they would have detailed it, and Microsoft has lied again and again, during this whole fiasco. Shared games untimed is worse than used games. Think about it, one person buys a game, shares it with their friend, and another buys a game and shares it with them, each person could have ten friends, that's a pretty big loop and games being unsold, played for free, don't you think? In any case I believe and have reason to believe they are lying. Greenburg does not even know what the hell he's talking about. But believe what you want, as is your right.

2. Is there a chance that you will ever stop being so damn disrespectful?

Last edited: Jun 23, 2013
  13. Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

People tend to get defensive when the things they like are getting shit all over constantly by one person. You're bringing all of this negative attention upon yourself, Jesse. However, the name calling is unnecessary, MKH. I've removed the offending words. I've had to clean up this thread twice now. Stop making me treat you guys like children.

14. MKH

I had honestly forgotten who posted the link, but either way, my bad, Mark.

It's a little upsetting about the new peripherals and even my old Turtle Beaches not being compatible, but it's not like I was going to pack up my 360 and shove it in a box in the garage anyway. I need some new headphones that work on the 5 GHz frequency anyway, because we have so many things in our house that connect to the wifi the x31s spazz out unless I'm playing at night when everyone's asleep, and I just recently upgraded to Quantum, too :huh:

15. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

16. MKH

^ If that's true, good. It's not that he was bad for MS - MS was bad for him. If it's him that's leaving, as opposed to being fired or something, then that's honorable, because no dignified person would want work for a company that creates a console that dares to be different and then goes back on it from utter lack of confidence in their product.

17. Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

...Really?

He's going to work for Zynga. ZYNGA! :lol:

18. MKH

The folks who made Words with Friends? Yeah, that Zynga.

19. Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

...I am so confused by your responses right now. :lol:

20. MKH

[​IMG]