LPA Monthly Mix-Up July 2013: Reanimation

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jul 2, 2013.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

[​IMG]

JULY 2013

What Is the LPA Monthly Mix-Up?
    LPA Monthly Mix-Up is an ambitious concept intended to showcase the massive amount of musical talent currently unheard among the Linkin Park fan community. Every month, we will be challenging fans to compete and show off their musical skills, using any and all tools available to them to create their entry. At the conclusion of each competition period, our staff will then go through each entry submitted, and pick our absolute favorite to be featured on the site as the "Winner Of The Month". To promote fairness, runner ups will also be shown, but only one lucky Linkin Park fan will walk away with the honor of being featured as the "Monthly Winner". Now that we have that out of the way view this month's theme below.

Our official theme for the month of July 2013 is:

REANIMATION

Yo dawg, we heard you like Reanimation, so we made Reanimation a theme so you can reanimate Reanimation! [/Xzibit] Yeah, this month marks 11 years since Reanimation was first released. The month of July always brings back fond memories of tracks like Enth E Nd being ripped from pirate radio stations at 4:27 in the morning, so hopefully we can recreate some of that magic with this month's MMU theme! We've never had anything from this awesome album as a theme before, so we hope you guys can come up with something fresh and creative with 15 or so tracks at your disposal. You can remix to any genre or style you like with the only rule being that you have to incorporate an element from a track on Reanimation, mash-ups with other artists are allowed as long as the main focus is Reanaimtion. This album got the 5.1 DVDA treatment, so finding multi-channelled audio shouldn't be too difficult. We know it might seem a little like Remixception by asking you to remix remixes, but we have no doubt you guys are up to it! We can't wait to see what you come up with, so good luck and have fun! Deadline July 31st.

Shmoanator

Shmoanator Guest

AWH YES.

I'm excited for this! :lol:

Pat

Pat LPA VIP LPA VIP

Remixecption

Diablorojo

Diablorojo Well-Known Member

It's a rule to not include any other artists in the remix?

That goes against Reanimation rules, that album was all about mixing different cultures, diferent artists no matter what genre they were.

It would be a shame if you don't change that rule.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Good point, dude. Rules amended, feel free to remix Reanimation tracks with other artists if you so choose!

Diablorojo

Diablorojo Well-Known Member

Thx god you changed that! the collaborations are part of the spirit of Reanimation

can't wait for some awesome ''collabs'' LP feat Lady Gaga, LP feat Hayley Williams, LP feat CHUCK D, Beastie boys and more
    bring different styles remixers!

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Well then. I guess I am pulling a "Mark Henry" this month. Um. Yeah. So I am going to enter a track where the demo of it was entered for the LOST IN THE ECHO Monthly Mix Up. This track has evolved from my previous entry in that it has the official acapella this time, since the LITE acapella was not available for the aforementioned MMU. I also changed the final "verse/bridge-ending" around. Also, I was able to add in some of the LITE synths, since the stems became available. Needless to say, I am most proud of this remix and if you've heard it before, it has changed. Check it out. Enjoy whether or not you've heard it before. This song is a mash up of "LOST IN THE ECHO" with the Reanimaton B-Side "Buy Myself."

http://soundcloud.com/hybridsoidier/bought-in-the-echo

Reflectionist

Reflectionist Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

Fuck off and die.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2013
    DJKrievous

DJKrievous Member

I like it! i love the chorus!!! good work and good luck! :)

DJKrievous

DJKrievous Member

awesome, as always!

Reflectionist

First of all, holy shit. This is WORLDS better than your first iteration. Usually I don't go for remixes that have vocals on a different count (really throws it off to me), but in this case, the misalignment really lends itself well to the overall feel. I'm a huge fan of this mix. Great use of the screams--did you use any of the By Myself samples from Mr. Hahn's Tasty Gas Station Breaks? There's a whole track of Chester's screaming + other samples. I love the use of "Let them know my hell" and how well the opening LITE synth goes with the Marilyn Manson remix. That chorus is sick, the juxtaposition of the lyrics really adds something great to both songs: "I can't hold on... this time I've finally let you go." It gives Lost in the Echo more desperation and urgency in the lyrics, and gives By Myself more determination in its lyrics, and I think both songs needed that from the beginning. You'd definitely get my vote, if I could vote.

Some ideas I had along those lines while listening: "I can't seem to convince myself why I've finally let you go." Whole other tone, though, so please disregard, haha.

Thanks, man! I'm glad you enjoyed it. I liked your take as well--loved the direction, but the execution is lacking ever so slightly. Lots more P5hng than I've got, which is a great thing, especially since this is a Reanimation MMU. (I kinda sorta copped out on that, since the only Reanimation sample my mix has is the P5hng Me A*wy e-drum loop at the beginning.) Just gotta get those Numb vocals in the right key. If it helps, I took Numb (in F# Minor) down 1 whole step and Pushing Me Away (at Eb Minor) up 1 semitone--to meet at E minor. It's early enough to make that quick fix and re-upload, and I think you'll have something really special, that's very distinct from my Numb / PMA mix. (And different from me is good, because I try to think what Mike would do in these situations, not necessarily what I would do as an artist...which is kinda cheap.) I really hope you have the time / willpower to make that real quick fix, man. It'll be so worth it.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2013
    Hybrid

Well done, Jake! There were many points listening to your mix where it was hard for me to keep track what song was playing in the background because of the lyrics and because of how quickly the track changes. Not a bad thing at all, though. It feels very fresh and original. I like what you did.

Thank you very much! I'm glad you like it! :awesome:

Thank you very much! I appreciate your feedback! It really means a lot to me! I actually did not use anything from the Tasty Gas Station collection. Everything in my mix was from either Buy Myself or from LOST IN THE ECHO. I kept it this way because I like to have balance in my mash ups and if I feel like if I added in anymore "By Myself," The balance would have been thrown off. A mash up, to me, gets boring if it is weighted heavily on one side. Thank you again for your kind words. A lot of extra tuning went into this mix.

Søuł

Søuł As rogue as they come

Can't wait to hear those [Chali] remixes. &I know who's got this in the bag. ;)

Reflectionist

I've gotta use my other laptop to make a drum track for a completely unrelated project here in a bit, so I can render and upload the instrumental, if you'd like. It's easier to hear the little parts I used. The drum track uses about five LP songs in it alone. Haha. And by 'here in a bit' I mean probably within the next day, because I'm kinda sleep deprived right now. Been working on something...special...for a nice little while.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2013
    David Stubbs

David Stubbs Member

I am having difficulty finding vocal tracks. Can anyone nudge me in the right direction?

Reflectionist

Hey, David! Welcome to the LPA. Hope you enjoy your time here!

You'd be surprised what's out there, if you're willing to look! Best of luck!

Last edited: Jul 5, 2013
    Hybrid

Hell yeah dude! I'd love to hear it. :D

Reflectionist

I might have actually gotten a bit carried away with what I was doing there. I rendered all of the stems (my folder tracks in ACID Pro), included the final track, as well as the full instrumental, and an Acd-Zip file (ACID's filetype, with all included media) so that you can look through each track individually and find out exactly how this snare that comes from BITS fits in so well with that snare that comes from Crawling. So... haha. Enjoy? I know, most of you guys don't use ACID Pro. But at least you guys get the stems, so explore away.

The Breakdown : Numb Vs. Pushing Me Away [Full Stems+]

Off-Topic: Okay, I kinda needed to do this so that I'd be able to migrate all of the progress I made for my second album over to my new computer. I hadn't been able to work on it in so long, since this laptop was missing for about 7 or 8 months. The Breakdown seemed like the perfect opportunity to get used to how to organize, file, and transfer a large amount of data with a compressed file. Just practice.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2013
    Cure4thItch

Cure4thItch BEST IN THE WORLD

Yaseen Alam

Yaseen Alam Well-Known Member