Final Image - Throwback Takeover Week Conclusion

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Jul 29, 2013.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

For our final image of Throwback Takeover Week, we have an early review of Linkin Park's Hybrid Theory LP, published on January 17th, 2001. This review is amusing given the clear disdain the reviewer has for "By Myself", accusing the track of having a "screeching annoying chorus, that makes the song hard to listen to" and for the backhanded compliment on Linkin Park's writing abilities shown in the two paragraphs. While we could not find out any information on "The Daily Brain", we are going to take a guess and assume this to be from a local newspaper in the band's town which is why Mike kept it in his collection. Either way, it's incredible to think that less than a decade later, Linkin Park would grow to be one of the largest rock bands of our generation, selling over 50 million records worldwide.

We hope you enjoyed our look back into Linkin Park's early history, and we look forward to crowning the winner of our contest later this week. Stay tuned!

[thumb]http://www.lpassociation.com/gallery/d/39981-3/IMG_4015.jpg[/thumb]

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Well that was fun! Thank you LPA and all other sites for giving us these rare shots! :)

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

That was cool to read! Thank you to everyone who participated! :awesome:

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

What a ridiculous review. :lol:

"...he is equally powerful while singing in a softer tone, or holding a note in the background while Shinoda raps." :lol:

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Ha ha ha. Hilarious review. I LOVE BY MYSELF THO :samuel:

It was a time where the rap-rock was at its prime, and every wannabe writer or music reviewer probably felt the need to write about all of these acts in an attempt to boost up either sales, website hits or just "trying to be in the loop" :lol:

Hybrid

Hah! I don't recall website hits being a real thing back then. Back in the early 2000's the internet existed for AOL instant messaging and looking up beanie babies. :kappa:

Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

From now on when I think of heartfelt lyrics I will think of the bloodthirsty rampage that is A Place For My Head.

Not to mention they go from insulting One Step Closer for a lack of depth and then immediately call it "just one of several excellent tunes on the album".

Awkward review is awkward.

Hybrid

It's almost like the dude wants to insult them but is being paid to write a positive review. :lol:

BongKong

BongKong Well-Known Member

She says Chester can scream with the best of them and then goes and bashes the most vocally driven song on the album and proceeds to score it an 8 after constant backhanded compliments.

Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

She's probably just mad she couldn't get their autographs.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

I know, I put it just for protocol... Lol. that's why I included "sales" first xD.. Now it's the other way around I think, hits first, and issue sale secondary, lol.