How will Linkin Park be remembered?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by MtzLuis, Jul 6, 2013.

Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

It's weird. The older I get the more i consider LP as my "guilty pleasure". Almost everyone I know doesn't like the band or doesn't like any of their latest albums. And I know their still big, they still sell out arenas and the avid following of loyal fans like us and casual fans will always keep LP as big as they are, but they've definitely become something that always raises an eyebrow whenever I state them as my favourite band. Which is such as shame when they still put out great material that is so often overlooked or dismissed as being "sell out", different or boring. :timothy: There stuck between a rock and a hard place. Are they a pop band catering to a more alternative audience? or viser versa?

Geki

Geki >.

Honestly, for me, it's hard to call LP one specific genre, but I basically have just labeled them as Alternative since 2007. It describes them best, and alternative music is probably my favorite genre of music if I had to pick one, so I have no issues with it. Sadly, though, most people say they only like Hybrid Theory and Meteora and simply won't accept their newer releases, because either they don't give it the time of day to listen, or because they want to go with what everyone else is saying. I honestly think LP's last 3 albums are miles better than anything from Hybrid Theory or Meteora.

RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

I feel the same way. Usually when I say Linkin Park is my favorite band to someone, they'll say one of these: "OMG me too! In The End is such a good song", "Meteora is their best album!" or "oh, so you like >insert generic rock band that sounds nothing like old LP here< too!". It's kind of annoying so I usually answer by saying I like a lot of bands and list a few, LP somewhere in the middle. If someone actually says they like their newer stuff I'll say they're my favorite band.

But this isn't called "how to talk about Linkin Park in conversation". So I'll stop. But as of now Linkin Park is seen and most likely will be known by HT and Meteora for quite a while.

GuliaLuna

GuliaLuna Well-Known Member

The band that has inspired others
    The band who has helped others
    The band who cared deeply for their very own fans
    The band who made amazing music
    The band who got people to where they are today

Lee

Lee Well-Known Member

I dunno how they'll be remembered, but I bet ya $20, that after they retire, fans will still be fighting over which was better, "early" LP or "late" LP.

Clever Name

Clever Name Well-Known Member

In my opinion, it doesn't exactly matter how the band is remembered. Everyone will have their own view and a different opinion on the band. Whether it be 'Linkin Park are the band that saved my life' or 'Linkin Park are a band that evolved drastically through out their career' or something along those lines. Every single person has their own view on the band & their own personal experiences with their music, so realistically Linkin Park will be thought of and remembered in a million different ways and views.

However, I will remember Linkin Park as a band that has severely helped me with alot of issues while growing up. Without them, I wouldn't be who I am today, that's why they'll continue to be one of my all time favourite bands. I admit, I prefer their earlier work to their newest material, but i'm an open minded person and each time I listen to a Linkin Park record, I find myself either enjoying the music or relating to the lyrics, no matter the genre or style.

mastae

mastae Some Honky

I think that when all is said and done, LP will be looked back on quite positively, actually. The old vs. new arguments will always be there, but that's the same for a lot of great bands.

MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

As the only band that can mix rap, rock, and electronica all together and make it sound dope.

Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Beastie Boys. Garbage. Death Grips. P.O.S. U2. Incubus. OutKast. Afrika Bambaataa. Mike Patton. Enter Shikari. Kid Cudi. Dalek. Deftones. The Prodigy. All of them have fused elements of hip-hop, rock and electronica and have fanbases that would argue they're dope.

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

^Indeed.

Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

They will be remembered when your kids will ask you why you're still on the LPA site after 20 years, lol!

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

:lol:

lime treacle

:lol:!

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

That they tried so hard, and got so far, but in the end it didn't even matter.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

:rofl:

lime treacle

:trololo:

/thread

Suffered

Suffered All we need is faith

Unfortunatly, maybe this is true.

MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

This is true, but LP is on a pedestal by them selves. Nobody can mix these elements better than LP and that's a fact, their albums speak for itself.

lime treacle

^You're forgetting about something apparently very tiny and irrelevant to you. Something called "opinions".

bpercy

bpercy Active Member

Remembered for being a non one hit wonder