Mike Shinoda to call DJ CJ of Magic 89.9

Discussion in 'News' started by minuteforce, Aug 12, 2013.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

A tweet from Linkin Park reveals that band member Mike Shinoda will be calling into the Phillipines radio station Magic 89.9 to talk to host DJ CJ at 2PM in local Manila time, roughly two hours from now.

It seems quite likely that he will reveal more details regarding the Steve Aoki collaboration "A Light That Never Comes" and Linkin Park's upcoming Facebook game, "Recharge", as well as talking about the band's experience in Japan playing Summer Sonic festival dates during the past few days.

UPDATE 2: DJ CJ has uploaded a recording of the interview on his SoundCloud account:

UPDATE 1: Courtesy of forum member Philsfan, here's a recap of the interview:

* On "A Light That Never Comes": Said it will be out "soon".
    * On Filipino fans: Commented that fans don't seem care about Super Typhoon Utor, which is currently hitting the Philippines. Excitement is pervasive on Twitter.
    * On social media: Spoke about how he likes to prank his Twitter followers. Remarked that
    the band is pretty mellow when it comes to social media interaction, which contradicts the serious image some fans think they portray.
    * On interacting with fans: Mentioned the BURN IT DOWN puzzles, the worldwide LIVING THINGS scavenger hunt, "LP Featuring You" contest, LOST IN THE ECHO music video as examples of how the band likes to interact with fans.
    * On their current tour: Spoke about "pushing the envelope" every time they make a new tour.
    * On what fans can expect to hear on this tour: Said this tour will feature songs from every album. Specifically mentioned older music.
    * On Boxers or Briefs: Said that the band has packed underwear and socks with their tech gear for years, so they can change right after their concerts.

Source: Linkin Park on Twitter via Benjamin

Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

yes!!!!! So awesome news..

Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

Maybe the song will be played.
    One can hope!

eleven

eleven Banned

That's what I first thought.. Then remembered Mike will make us wait a lot longer than 2 days since hearing the live song. lol

Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

It would be quality trolling if they played it with Mike saying, "Enjoy the radio rip," after every line.

ZachLP

ZachLP Soldier since 2000

Would be awesome if they played the studio version over the radio. Probably won't happen, but still. I hope someone rips this.

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

* Fans don't care about the supertyphoon that's in the Philippines right now.
    * Fans are already excited, tweeting the band about the show in advance.
    * The band confessed that they're pretty mellow and screw around a lot in social media, contrary to the serious image some fans think they belong to.
    * He talked about "A Light That Never Comes". He said it will be out soon, but he kept pranking his Twitter followers about the actual link (it was after the DJs asked if he pranked anyone online). :shinado:
    * He talked about the tour. (It's hard to describe what's he's meaning though, might need a second play.) He talked about "pushing the envelope" every time they make a new tour.
    * He talked about the Burn It Down puzzles, the worldwide scavenger hunt, the LP featuring You contest and the "Lost in the Echo" video.
    * Mike said that the concert will "give them a good time" and will feature songs from every album.
    * He had to answer a hard question: Boxers or briefs. He diverted from the question by confessing that since the early years of LP, underwears and socks are part of their tech gear, and are always changed after their concerts.

* The DJs play "Points of Authority" after the interview, because Mike said they'll also be playing older songs.
    * DJ CJ recalled receiving a signed skateboard by Joe Hahn back in 2002. The female DJ recalled interviewing Mike back in 2004.
    * The radio station might post an official audio, promising not to Rickroll the fans.

That's all. Not much. Hopefully the concert organizers (Scala Events) rip it, like the 93.1 Chester interview

Last edited: Aug 12, 2013
    Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Thanks, Philsfan! Just updated the news post with credit to you!

The Joesen One

A user from the Linkin Park PH group ripped it and put it on his Soundcloud page. Another recorded it on his phone and put in on dropbox. I don't know if this is allowed or not though. I'll post here if we have an official one from Scala or from Magic 89.9.

https://soundcloud.com/jess-vega-3/magic-89-9mike-shinoda
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/3onbxfeo5jmk8tz/mike shinoda phone interview on magic 89.9.mp3

Credits: Jess V. and Jason A. of LPPH group

:potato:

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

What?

musicmae12

musicmae12 Member

I hope someone will record/rip the Mike Shinoda interview ... I hope the band arrives safely in the Philippines. The Pinoy fans are all excited to see them live, especially me! <3

Filip

Philsfan posted a link to the rip of the interview on Soundcloud. ;)

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I think the thing that surprised me most was that the hosts laughed uproariously like little kids when Shinoda said he'd pulled a Rickroll on the fans.

The Joesen One

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

I want the song naaaaaaooo...

Filip

hybridtheory_gc

hybridtheory_gc Well-Known Member

Might be just me but I felt embarrassed for the girl who asked about the boxers/briefs question, especially when she joked about buying Mike underwear.

Kind of unprofessional if you ask me.

Still, an informative interview

Looking forward to tonight's show.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Pretty evasive answer. What the fuck is he hiding. I bet he just goes commando... Bastard.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

You can't seriously expect a hormonal fangirl to be "professional". Anyway, only interesting bit of info for me was the new song so everything else is kind of in the background.

Søuł

Søuł As rogue as they come

This interview is so obvious it hurts. "Expect songs from every album, especially older ones"? Unless they're whipping out another oldie, we've been hearing these songs for over a year.