8.17.13 Asia Tour: Taipei, Taiwan At Taipei Arena

Discussion in 'News' started by Hybrid, Aug 17, 2013.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Coming off the heels of Linkin Park's 9th LPU Summit in Hong Kong, Linkin Park's next stop on their tour through Asia lead them to Taipei, Taiwan. This was Linkin Park's fourth time playing in Taipei and their first time playing there since 2011. Based on their A/B pattern of setlists, it was expected for Linkin Park to play a set very similar to what they played in Pasay City, Philippines. Linkin Park will now head to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, National Stadium on 8/19/13 for the final show of their 2013 Asia Tour.

Following the end of Linkin Park's Asia Tour, Chester will be joining the Stone Temple Pilots on their own upcoming tour through the US starting September 4th.

SETLIST:

01. A Place For My Head (Extended Intro and Extended Outro)
    02. Papercut
    03. Given Up (Extended Outro)
    04. New Divide
    05. With You (2012 Intro and Extended Scratch Outro)
    06. Somewhere I Belong (2012 Intro)
    07. LIES GREED MISERY
    08. Points Of Authority
    09. Waiting For The End (Apaches Intro and Wall of Noise Outro)
    10. Breaking The Habit
    11. CASTLE OF GLASS
    12. LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent
    13. LOST IN THE ECHO
    14. Numb (Numb/Encore Outro)
    15. What I've Done
    16. BURN IT DOWN
    17. In The End
    18. Bleed It Out (Extended Bridge)

Encore:
    19. TINFOIL
    20. Faint (Extended Outro)
    21. Lying From You
    22. One Step Closer (Extended Outro)

Were you at the concert tonight? Feel free to share your experiences with us in the comments or on Twitter!

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

They need to spice up their setlists... Bring back WTCFM and In My Remains!

LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

I do not understand how In My Remains is not there in the setlist. Its a new song that they have performed last year. It should have been there. Plus, it is a good track.

As much as I love the intro they've been performing for Somewhere I belong, they need to take down that song and give other songs a shot.

thor

thor Well-Known Member

This tour is killing me, just get it over with. Can't stand these setlist anymore

cle127

cle127 Well-Known Member

What?... Still no I'll be gone and powerless?? Aw.. Come on.

franktaiwan

franktaiwan Active Member

I was there yesterday, lol.

That show was so fuckin' great, with many classic flashbacks mixed with new songs.

But near my crowd is dead (because I sat on the 3rd floor).

Also, there are so many glow sticks (AND ONLY IN ASIA, lol).

Chester and Mike nailed at that time.

I just said, I had a great time.

2013-08-17-20-18-59_deco.jpg

Richoguy13

Richoguy13 Then it slipped away...

Maybe they're not changing up the setlist because they're way too busy with some things? ;)
    Either way, people should really stop complaining about the setlists, it's gotta be a turn off for anyone who attended the show you're dissing.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

The setlists are repetitive to us because we're poring over them with each show. The audience members basically get to see the show once.

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

Hey guys, the "new set B" is the closest thing we ever had to a revamped set. It's the first time they switched up two songs (Catalyst and Victimized) with Papercut and Lying from You, which haven't been performed individually in the same set since the ATS tour. Plus, isn't it a hassle if they change their set every day.

Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

I know they can twist up or tweak the setlist every other tour.. Its not an excuse that they're too busy with other things.. Why they were able to managed it during MTM era? or even during Meteora era? Too bad these days they can't even incorporate the Reanimation elements like what they did before? I thought they want to push the boundaries of electronic side.. And Reanimation elements proved that.. Its all about refreshing the classics and spice up everything a little bit..

Richoguy13

Richoguy13 Then it slipped away...

And since that's what we do, we really shouldn't be annoyed by seeing the same thing over and over. Eh, maybe I'm just a little edgy at the moment, new LP music is really needed right now.

LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

I ain't actually complaining about the entire set. I'm just kinda shocked to see that they aren't playing newer tracks like In my Remains.

Brandon Torio

Brandon Torio Well-Known Member

What is with you all and the setlists?!
    In My Remains wasn't that great live, COG is better, not to mention far more popular, so why wouldn't they play that? Look at their top ten on spotify, COG is there. Somewhere I belong used to be.
    I went to SSMF, personally I would've been kinda upset if they changed the setlist. Honestly I was a little disappointed I didn't get to see The Catalyst live. Not everyone is a hardcore fan, they go because they've heard these popular singles on the radio and want to hear them at the concert. With so many popular singles they've only got room for a little bit of extra stuff, be happy we got Runaway early 2012, With You, QWERTY, the cool ballad medley, UIB over WFTE, Tinfoil before Faint, etc. Not to mention all the extended intros/outros (hopefully they never stop extending Faint or One Step Closer, those are amazing).
    Plus, I feel like they try to have variance in their concert, so that a casual listener might be surprised at the other sounds and look into them. Like LGM, I'm sure casual fans that only know the older songs were surprised to hear an electronic song like that.

As for not playing newer tracks, I'll agree to that. Surprised we haven't seen I'll Be Gone or Powerless, but that still is a matter of not having room I think. Fans who check out their concerts online probably wanna see LITE for themselves, and casual fans will recognize that as a new release from the radio.

Hybrid

Honestly, I think they aren't playing newer stuff because they didn't have the luxury of time to reherse the newer stuff. It is growing apparent that the time between the two sets of tours was used to write/record/collab on new stuff. The time between ATS and LT was "record breaking" considering it used to take close to 4 years between releases. Nothing LP is doing right now is the norm for the band. Proof lies with CASTLE OF GLASS and how they are just now perfecting how to play it right live.

eleven

eleven Banned

Do they play Wretches & Kings live anymore? That song rocks the whole fucking stage.

Hybrid

They don't...

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

They dropped it since the early ATS tour when they decided to switch it for "Lying from You", "Blackout" or "From the Inside"

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Apparently the band was having some serious technical issues with W&K as well if I remembered right. Could be wrong though.