Suicide Survivors

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Rahat, Aug 10, 2013.

Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

Got permission from Derek to post this here. Some of you may or may not be aware that I'm running a charity campaign to raise awareness about Suicide in Youth. I recorded a song called Hero a while back which is about stopping someone from committing suicide. To make a long story shirt I'm putting out an EP which will have 3-5 remixes of the track in different EDM genre's on it. Right now I've got Derek, Casper White, Zak, and the owner of 50/50 records to agree to contribute a remix. The EP will be sold with all profits going to The National Center for the Prevention of Youth Suicide which is a program run by the American Association of Suicidology. If you guys want more information about this project in general you can check out the Facebook link and my website links below:

https://www.facebook.com/TheHeroEp

http://echosofrahat.com/the-hero-e-p/

Right now I am looking for people who have in the past felt like committing suicide and have overcome that feeling and grown from it. I would like to get some short video testimonials together for use in my music video, something similar to the Where'd You go music video. If any of you guys here would be willing to do a video testimonial like this please let me know. We can also keep you anonymous if you would prefer, just let me know and I'll let you know how we can work that out. The audio/video quality doesn't have to be top notch just good enough to be understood.

If you guys are not interested in doing this or just don't have the experience to do so I would still very much appreciate if you could like the Facebook page and share it with your friends. I am just trying to make this as wide reaching as possible. The reason behind me starting this is sort of in memory of my friend Jose who took his own life while I was in high school. I won't go into details but the reason he did this is largely my fault and it is just a huge guilt that I think I'll probably live with for the rest of my life. This is something I am trying to do in his memory in part to relieve myself of some of the guilt and help others by trying to prevent them from making the decision he made.

Thanks guys for taking the time out to read this and I really hope you will be willing to help out in this in any way you can.

Check out the song "Hero" below:

https://soundcloud.com/rahatc/hero-seeing-remixers

Last edited: Aug 10, 2013
    minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

If you can send me separated vox tracks, I might give it a try

dontFindOutMe

dontFindOutMe Well-Known Member

The song is really beautiful..Very Strong message..Definitely gonna like the page and share it with my friends..
    Thanks for posting it..

Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

Thank's Princu! And Minuteforce I'll send you a link through PM!

ConsUme

ConsUme もちあげてときをはんして

I Love What you guys are doing. TBH I got so depressed I thought about committing suicide. We end up moving and that did wonders...

Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

Would you by any chance be willing to talk about it for the video? I want the video to be something inspirational for others who might be going through this. So that they can see its possible to get out of that stage of their life if they work at it and that they don't have to give up completely.

ConsUme

ConsUme もちあげてときをはんして

No video cause of other issues...

Secretly it can be audio though...

Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

Great if you do it just send me a PM and let me know!

linkinlovprk

linkinlovprk Lpfuse refugee

I'm finding the worst part of being a suicide survivor is that since i havent been able to move forward, I really feel even worse now, since I couldn't even finish the one thing I really wanted to do.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Have you tried counseling? It seems like you're still in a rough spot right now. You can get through whatever it is that's bothering you. Whatever it is, just remember that it is temporary. It will pass. No need on placing a permanent solution to temporary problems. All that does is ensure that it doesn't get better. No matter how far face down in the gutter you might be, there is always something worth living for. Even if you think there isn't right now, there will be a point in time in your life where you will find it. It's worth it.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

I could record some sort of audio?

Nobody Can Shave Me Now

Nobody Can Shave Me Now Formerly known as Ron Jeremy LPA VIP

I'd love to do a testimonial. Im very open and honest about my struggle and should have died before. hmu and let me know if you want me to do a video. This is an awesome idea. :)

Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

I just sent you guys PMs about contributing to this thanks!

@linkinlovprk I am really sorry to hear about that. Please take Hybrids advice and try to talk to a counseler or friends and family. Life is a gift that you should always cherish. It gets hard sometimes but we can always pull through. If you would ever like to talk I would be happy to lend an ear as well.

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

The only reason I'm here today is because of music. And that's the one thing everyone wants to take away from me. I just want to make music, and everyone says I'll never accomplish anything, that I'll never make, that I'll never become anything great. And they wonder why I'm always so depressed.

Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

I know how you feel as a musician myself I get that a lot. The point it is to get passed it be true to you and just do what you love. Not everyone will love it but as long as you believe in your music and keep at it you'll keep getting better.

As an update to this campaign:

LPA member Snail has done an album cover design for this. I'll be uploading that soon for you guys to check out. The design will also be used for T-Shirts that you guys can also purchase to help out in the cause. Thank's so far to everyone for the support!

Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
    Nobody Can Shave Me Now

Gave me goose bumps. I can relate. Stay strong :)

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Thanks.

And to Rahat:
    I'd love to contribute in anyway possible to the campaign. Tell me how to help and I'm here.

Nobody Can Shave Me Now

I'll be sending you my video tomorrow or the following day Rahat :)