Unpopular Linkin Park Opinions

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Lee, Mar 15, 2013.

1. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

You're not the only one who feels that way. ;P

2. brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Cause Linkin Park's name before Linkin Park was Hybrid Theory. Plus I really want to change the name anyways.

3. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Wow... I'm an old LP fan that has stuck with the band... Does that mean I need to move the fuck on as well?

4. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

It's funny you think Powerless has a newer sound, because it's one of the most classic-LP sounding song on the record. At least classic post-2004 LP. Being a ballad doesn't make a sound "new".

And no, thank you, I won't move the fuck on. ;)

Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
  5. brady

You're welcome!
    Basically I was saying that you don't need to have this heavy, "old lp" sound to be a great song. Castle of Glass is one of the top ten most bought/popular songs on iTunes for Linkin Park and it sounds nothing like anything that came out of Hybrid Theory or even Meteora.

6. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Well, the number of sales is in no way an indicator of how good a song is. I'm not saying COG is a bad song though.

Anyway yes, I might get it wrong, but I feel like you're saying that LP did "heavy" songs on LT because of HT fans pressure? If so, I'm afraid you're wrong. The band and especially Mike have said many times that they love making both calm and loud music. If they continue to produce some "heavy" tracks (which aren't that heavy anyway), it's more than probably because they like it this way. And actually, they have managed to do it without sounding like old-LP, Blackout and Victimized being good examples of that. Making heavy tracks doesn't show a lack of creativity, as making ballads like "Powerless" doesn't especially show a "new sound". At the end of the day, it doesn't matter wheiter a track is hard or not. It's the inner-quality of the song that matters.

** And yes, I totally don't get those who feel like Victimized sound like a HT song. How? It doesn't even have a proper catchy HT chorus, nor a classic pop structure, and nor a big distorded guitar riff.

7. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

That's probably because Mike didn't sing on Hybrid Theory or Meteora. :shinado:

8. Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

I had a thought today about Mike Shinoda leaving the band and just staying solo.

Then I was realized I was not upset about this idea one bit.

9. Star Scream

Star Scream Does A Machine Like You Ever Experience Fear

R.I.P Linkin Park

i want old LP back

10. brady

Don't know if he's trolling me (Which I'm guessing he is), but that's exactly what I'm talking about. Anyone who says that needs to understand this, Linkin Park will not just stop what they want to do to make music you want to hear.

11. Star Scream

Star Scream Does A Machine Like You Ever Experience Fear

nah its all goods man, just typing what i come across in almost every LP vid on youtube

12. Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

I've never thought about it before really. And as long as it didn't mean the death of the band, I don't think I would be all that devastated. Just intrigued.

13. Vriska

I was having a Fort Minor moment.

Removing Mike from the band makes for a very interesting experiment though. What would the band sound like without him?

14. brady

I couldn't imagine it. Linkin Park would never be the same, whether live or in the studio. There'd be a big chunk missing in the band.

15. Vriska

Well no duh it wouldn't be the same. I don't think the rest of the band would just quit in that scenario either. Like they would try to go on and then come up with something different.

16. minuteforce

I'd be far more interested in what Shinoda would do without the band behind him

17. RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

I would also love some solo stuff by Mike. Or another Fort Minor album.

Is it safe to say LIVING THINGS was a disappointing record? It feels like it's a really popular opinion to want more Linkin Park music very soon. I don't remember seeing that a year after A Thousand Suns came out.

18. linkinloch

linkinloch Well-Known Member

- All the songs on LT could have been better if they worked a little harder.
    - Lost In The Echo had the power to became a huge success, bigger them Burn It Down or anything they realeased since New Divide, but it's video and promotion sucked really REALLY hard.
    - Actually all the Living Things promotion sucked hard
    - In My Remains and I'll Be Gone are cool songs to listen too, but after some time they get REALLY repetitive and sickening.
    - Brad is insignificant to the band, anyone can do what he does.
    - Linkin Park should do a Rap/Rock song so they can became popular again and shut up all these haters that says LP is dead, blabla nu-metal blabla.
    - Skin To Bone was created in about, 10 minutes?
    - Chester's skills where horrible 2010-11, but seems like he's making it better now
    - I like Numb and I dont like In Pieces at all
    - All ATS Suns where written at 4:20 :rastamike::rastamike::rastamike: MARIJUANA !!!!

19. RazorEye

RazorEye The light on the horizon...

"The Little Things Give You Away" is a shit song.

>.>

<.<

20. minuteforce

I wouldn't say that these are "unpopular" opinions at all. :rolleyes: