iTunes Australia Uploads 90 Second Previews of "High Rise" EP

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Sep 20, 2013.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I will say that I do wish there were more aggressive "Core" style tracks on this album, but I'm not complaining cause the songs we do have are well written.

I just hope there's a little more 'Grunge' in the future upcoming full length (whenever that comes). If AIC can still go on with their 90s sound, so can STP.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

The closest to a full-length will be a 2nd EP that was confirmed by Chester and Robert in a video chat I attended to recently. They said that if fans wanted a full length, they could play both EPs one after the other :lol:

Only thing is they didn't specify when could that EP be due

StoneTempleBrett

StoneTempleBrett Active Member

Out of Time is it, but STP moved away from the Core sound for the most part after Core. It was revisited for a few songs on No. 4 (like Down) and a few on Shangri LA DEE DA but every STP release generally sounds different from any previous album. Scott went back to it vocally for Velvet Revolver's Contraband though.

I think "All In The Suit That You Wear," the song they recorded for their 2003 greatest hits album, is proof that they always could have easily gone back to that Core sound (it's a great song) but decided to push forward.

Derek

I think I'm biased, but I just always liked Robert's bass tone on Core so I'm hungry for the band to write songs that take advantage of that :lol:. Granted Out of Time came close, but it still didn't quite have the 'low growl' that I loved on Piece of Pie and similar tracks.

Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

Same On The Inside is a only amazing song

Derek

I totally disagree with you; but I can see why you'd like that song the most, only because it has the most similarity to a Linkin Park song with the lyrics and sound (the chorus doesn't, but the verses could've been on Minutes To Midnight).

I feel this is the best Chester has sounded in a long time. And his lyrics are pretty good too.

Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

Sounds like a pretty decent, straight up rock record.

I agree with whoever is saying Chester sounds better than he has in a while. He always sounds more natural doing pure rock stuff.

Do we know for sure who is writing the lyrics? Chester by himself? One of the other guys? Combination? They seem pretty good from what I can make out off the top. I wish LP would branch out more with their lyrical themes & styles. They go on and on about not wanting to be pidgeon-holed, but then go out of their way to "Linkin Parkify" everything.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
    minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

It seems to be just Chester writing lyrics. I think that he's brought that up in recent interviews

jare0674

jare0674 There's a seat here along side me...

The previews are up on the US store now.

AndreyKamensky

AndreyKamensky hakuna matata

Love it!!!!