Stone Temple Pilots Upload Exclusive Behind The Scenes Look Into "High Rise" EP on YouTube

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Sep 26, 2013.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Stone Temple Pilots have uploaded to their youtube channel, an exclusive behind the scenes look into the making of High Rise. Containing footage from the early recording sessions, and Chester's first performance with the band, the video offers an intimate look into the creation of the High Rise EP and what fans can expect from the new incarnation of Stone Temple Pilots. The video can be viewed below:

[video=youtube;gePsLRohuIk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gePsLRohuIk[/video]

Source: Rolling Stone

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

I loved it. From beginning to end. The positive vibe this band is on right now is so contagious, you want to smile and be happy for these guys.

I've never been a STP fan but to see Dean, Robert and Eric beaming with such joy, for finally going back to carry on with what is their baby, their life.. I can't help but feeling well too.

I hope also this experience brings a revitalized Chester to Linkin Park. Not to say he's not been doing well but this can definitely bring a breath of fresh air into the band's creative process.

I think it's a win-win here, you don't see that often.

Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

This made me so much more supportive of everything these guys are doing. Any Linkin Park fan's initial reaction to this would be skepticism, wondering how it's going to affect the integrity of the band. The more this goes on though, and the more I see and hear, the less skeptical I am and the more excited I become.

Obviously Linkin Park is still wildly important to Chester, but so is STP. They're two completely different projects being worked on in two completely different ways. But the "we're not fucking around" mindset really makes me reassured that Chester knows exactly what he's doing, which is what's important.

Honestly, if this were anybody else fronting STP now, I probably wouldn't care at all about this. But Chester has always been inspirational and motivating for me, so watching him do this is becoming more and more exciting.

RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

Great video. They act genuinely happy with each other. Can't wait for the EP and more to come!

Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

So much hate from the Scott Weiland fans. To this I give a toast and say their loss. Chester is bringing new things to the band and they seem to already have a bond greater than that druggie, Weiland, ever could offer with his whole being. Definitely excited for the new EP to hit stores! Kinda just wish there was some vocal recordings shown of "Same On the Inside", but nonetheless this was fresh and brought plenty of inspiration for something new and big.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Cheers! *clings glass*

And the hate is just totally baseless. You only have to see the way Chester speaks to know why. He understands the responsability of being the new frontman, the legacy of the band and how important it is to do justice to the work that was done before his arrival. He is so educated, articulated and a man of reason.

Hate would be justified if he was a cocky bastard who'd say "f--- all of you I'm on this ship now and deal with it". No, he's there for the music, and will let the music do the talking, if that's not enough to keep you on board, it was nice meeting you and you can leave, but Chester isn't a man of hate.

ZachLP

ZachLP Soldier since 2000

I wish people wouldn't include STPWCB and LP together. I love this new STP stuff, but seriously LP >>>>>>>>>>>>>> STP.

Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

I wish LP would return to this kind of jam session like MTM...

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

Is there someone on this site that's comparing LP to STPWCB? maybe on Youtube or Facebook, but not here... That being said, I think that STPWCB are okay, but if LP made music like that (not style, but quality wise), I would be seriously disappointed.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Loved seeing this. Chester seems excited.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Yes! You really get the sense of excitement and the sense of how much Chester loves being a part of the band. Not only can they continue to play live but they've gotten enough of a spark to make new music too.

It's been pointed out before, but Chester's vocals are treated so differently in these STP songs ...

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

:awesome:!

NotEnoughYetTooMuch

NotEnoughYetTooMuch Well-Known Member

AAWWEESSOOMMEE :awesome:

LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

I absolutely love how they talk so well of Chester. Chester deserves it. Hope this combination does wonders. :D

StoneTempleBrett

StoneTempleBrett Active Member

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member