"Dexter": Season 8 [POSSIBLE SPOILERS]

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by minuteforce, Jan 29, 2013.

sotrix

sotrix @lplive

I'm going to pretend the season 7 finale ended the series and season 8 never happened.

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

I've seen a lot of really bad TV/movies, and that episode was right up there with the worst. This season couldn't have been lazier. I'll never watch any episodes past season 4 for the rest of my life.

ZachLP

ZachLP Soldier since 2000

I actually didn't even hate Season 7 all that much. While I will agree that the first 4 seasons of Dexter were excellent, and the later seasons declined steadily, I didn't actually HATE any season of Dexter up until Season 8. Season 7 wasn't amazing, but it did leave a promising end with Season 8. Season 8 was just a clusterfuck. Everything seemed out of place, too many little stories going on that didn't really need to happen. I understand that the main point of Season 8 was getting Dexter familiar with Dr. Vogel, only to have her biological son appear as the ''villian'' of this season. However, the ending could have been much better. I personally would have liked to see Dexter either get caught, or get murdered. The whole scene where Dexter pulled the plug for Deb and dumper her in the ocean WAS very emotional, that wasn't a bad scene. It's just hard to believe that Deb essentially died because of 1 gunshot wound to the stomach. The part I really hated about the ending was that Harrison and Hannah got to Argentina without Dexter, thinking eventually that Dexter was killed in the hurricane, only to have Dexter really be alive and well living as a lumberjack somewhere (I've heard Washington state, not sure though). This DOES leave room for another season or movie, but I'm not sure if we will ever get either, especially with Deb dead and everything.

I think they should just re-do the final season LOL. Maybe it will grow on me with time, I want to watch the entire season back to back when it comes out on DVD.

travz21

It was loltastic. I laughed when Dexter once again didn't kill a villain when he should have. This gets Rita killed and Deb killed, among others. The writers dumb Dex down to fit their shitty stories. I laughed when Deb died. It was so convenient for the story to have her seem healthy and then die shortly after. So forced, so cheesy, so lazy, so facepalmy. Everything about the episode made it seem like it was made by amateurs. It was so, so, so, so fucking bad.

I've never seen a 10/10 series turn into a 3/10

Last edited: Oct 2, 2013
    ZachLP

Cmom man, it wasn't great, but it wasn't THAT bad.

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I'm glad I hopped off the series at the beginning of season 7. Saved myself a lot of time.

ZachLP

This is how I rate the Dexter seasons in order..

4>1>2>7>8>5>6>3

travz21

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I'd say that the end of S5 is a better point at which to stop. And, while S1 to S4 are "universally acclaimed" or w/ever, S3 is one of my least-favourites.

S6 to S8 are the ones most of us here would definitely tell you to not bother with

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I can forgive Season 6. I personally don't think it was that bad but the first seasons were better.