High Rise Sales Numbers?

Discussion in 'Side Projects' started by Reed To Black, Oct 1, 2013.

Reed To Black

Reed To Black Prog, bro.

How many copies do EP's like High Rise tend to sell? I'm sure since it is a band like STP that it will sell more. How many copies are we looking at?

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Their last album sold 62,000 on debut week. Definitely won't be more than that. May not be even half of that.

Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

Not many

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Still don't know why people obsess over sales like it's a gauge with how popular something is.

Reed To Black

Reed To Black Prog, bro.

I mean no disrespect to you but in no way did I say that the sales make it popular. I wasn't like "Oh look how big and bad STP is because they sell lots of records. :timothy: I was just wondering because I wasn't sure how many copies things like this tend to sell. I was in no way "obsessing" over sales. I was just curious. I've seen multiple people on the forum say things like what you said and it implies that people are arrogant and stupid for asking. Not everyone is asking because they think sales make a band "cool", sometimes people are actually just curious about how many copies something can sell. Again, I mean no disrespect but saying things like that are rude and disrespectful to other members.

StoneTempleBrett

StoneTempleBrett Active Member

I think if they were doing a full album it'd do relatively well, at least for 90's veteran band standards. I don't see an EP doing great, who is going to shell out the money for a few songs when it's easier to track down and download a smaller quantity of songs. I think the real test is how they do radio play wise with Black Heart and the third single.

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

In his defense, he just seemed curious about it :lol: