Breaking Bad

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Agent, Jul 15, 2013.

1. travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

How many innocent people did Walt kill or order killed? How many innocent people did Jesse kill?

2. Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

Right. Because Jesse killing people somehow makes Walt righteous. Walt is a turd who essentially destroyed his entire family because he's butthurt about shitty decisions he made years ago. He knew he was putting the people he loved in danger, but he did what he did anyway just to mend his wounded pride.

But I'll humor you for a moment. Let's say Walt isn't so bad. Then what makes Gus Fring so bad? What makes Mike so bad? They were just trying to provide for their families too, right? Why are they not innocent? What gave Walt the justification to kill any of them? Because they worked with goons who used children to peddle drugs? We know that Walt isn't above harming a child. Walt killed and hurt people because they got in the way of his money, same as Gus, same as Mike. The reactions to shows like Breaking Bad always crack me up. The way people romanticize and admire violent criminals is astounding.

3. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

Definitely not. This explanation is really dismissive of Walt's actions. If this were true, it'd be hard to blame him for what he did because it essentially wasn't him doing it. That's simply not true. Heisenberg was just a persona he created to do what he wanted. It's still him.

4. travz21

I'm not using it as an argument for Walt's righteousness. People overlook Jesse killing Gale. He did it because he had to to save Walt's life. Walt safely (debatable) poisoned a kid to save his own life. There were really no other options there. The Brock argument is what people love to point out for Walt's evilness, but let Jesse slide for so many other things because he has good motives. Walt has good motives also. Neither of them are evil people like Gus, Mike, and everyone else Walt has killed who willingly hurt and killed innocent people. Killing Mike's lawyer is as evil as Walt has been, because he was almost certainly not a bad man.

The reason Walt messed his family's life up so much is because he kept going out of his way to help Jesse. Every time he did it brought more chaos into the world. As a pair they were destructive, but separately they would have been fine people. As soon as they decided to team up it was game over.

Edit: Walt's motives for cooking are also debatable. Every time he explained himself he could have been manipulating feelings. When he says he's in the empire business to Jesse, he wants Jesse to feel like it's his only thing left in the world, so he feels sorry for Walt and keeps cooking with him to provide more money for his family.

In the finale when he tells Skylar he did it for himself because he was good at it and it made him feel alive, he knew he was going to die that night. Regardless of his true motives for cooking, he knew this "admission" would help ease her consciousness a little.

I legitimately think his motives could go either way. Or split 50/50 even. I don't think it was one or the other.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
  5. ZachLP

ZachLP Soldier since 2000

I always thought his code name ''Heisenberg'' was kind of lame anyways.

6. Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

Vince Gilligan said that this is the only time Walt was telling the truth. So we know for a fact that Walt did all of it for himself.

7. Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

[thumb]http://www.dailyfailcenter.com/sites/default/files/fail/c40130aea3071eeb870ab3079feb810a.jpg[/thumb]

8. Agent

9. ZachLP

ZachLP Soldier since 2000

Dexter should have had a 'fake' obituary since everyone he knew in Miami + Hannah thinks he is dead. Lol.

10. travz21

Owned

[​IMG]

11. travz21

This video is amazing. This is the kind of epicness I was waiting for in the final season.

[youtube]X6eSrcfqEtY[/youtube]

12. Agent

13. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

[video=youtube;9kZivVxB3vU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kZivVxB3vU[/video]

14. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

"Is that you at my backdoor?"
    "Yes and I'm the one who's knocking".

:lol:!

15. travz21

Who the hell made that? Where did it come from?

16. Agent

I donno who made this but its fucking awesome :lol: !!!

17. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

It's from the final season DVD/series box set. They actually made it themselves.

18. The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

So apparently the official Spanish remake of the show, Metástasis, had aired already last year and viewers say it's surprisingly good, but obviously not as great as the original show.

[thumb]http://40.media.tumblr.com/344c007583eb66fe58652076b94ecabf/tumblr_n6ram0w6Dr1qzpxx1o1_1280.jpg[/thumb]

It's also a shot-for-shot remake, so here's a major list on the iconic scenes. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...h-version-metastasis-799586?Facebook_20150606

[thumb]http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/sites/default/files/custom/Aaron/ep1.jpg[/thumb]

19. insanefanboy

insanefanboy RIP Chester Bennington

I just finished watching the whole series on DVD, I loved it, the whole thing was amazing. My favorite character was Mike, and Gus until season 4. Walt's journey, the scripts, the acting, the action, the patience and everything was stellar. There wasn't a weak episode, and for me Mr. Negative to say that is very rare indeed. Even in my favorite TV shows, if there is a weak link, believe me I pick on that like crazy and seem to forget all the good before it, due to my impossibly high standards lol, so Breaking Bad has certainly earn my respect and recommendation hands down.

However one thing, as I type this I'm not sure I liked the ending though, I meant how it ended I'm of two minds, the jury's still out on that one. Gotta give it more time to sink in.

20. travz21

I really disliked the whole final season.