Linkin Park Six

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by EastGhost, Sep 6, 2013.

Lotus Flower

Lotus Flower Well-Known Member

I asked the same question, but it seems like no one knows for sure. I am assuming they're still with WMG since we haven't heard anything.

InStereo

InStereo Well-Known Member

100% AGREE, you just described what I would like to hear. I've always been a fan of the heavier side of Linkin Park but I also want them to embrace different song structures. I think Qwerty was a nice example of how heavy LP can go, they should do this kind of style with unconventional structures. From the reviews before LT first came out I expected Victimized to be that kind of song, but to be honest I hate it. The mixing is awful, the “chorus” is boring and the parts do not really work together. If that is how they interpret “heavy” on the next record, I won’t like it at all. I don’t really care about their descriptions anymore. MtM was supposed to have lots of screaming on it and it was basically all about songs that could have been on records of U2 and Coldplay (still like the album, TLGYA is awesome and the organic approach was awesome to me). AtS was supposed to be heavy without guitars with crazy structures and it was a boring album nevertheless (Waiting for the End, When they come for me, Burning in the Skies, Wretches and Kings, the Messenger ALL go with boring structures, they just experimented with sounds). And LT was just a huge letdown, worst album ever by the band. So, I keep my expectations low while I still hope they’ll surprise me.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Sometimes, the line between "boring structure" and "crazy structure" seems to be pretty thin, if not blurred, particularly in regards to pop music. You can't really find anything too similar to the outro in "When They Come For Me" in any other song from a Linkin Park studio album.

Simba

Simba HEREEEE'SSSS JOHNNY

lol too late

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

lol that's Minus you know :lol:

unity7985

unity7985 Well-Known Member

Any idea whos producing the album yet? im hoping they go a different route than rick rubin again.

Seanlp608

Seanlp608 Well-Known Member

Mike has already mentioned that he's been working with Rubin so I'd say he's locked in. However, the fact that they've decided to use ableton in addition to pro tools and have decided to record at a different studio should significantly affect the production of LP6.

unity7985

unity7985 Well-Known Member

Wow rubin again? Disappointing to hear that. I know he is a good producer and all but this will be the 4th straight album with him. For a band that is all about changing things up it surprises me there going with him again. Id think they would want a different perspective especially after having him do the last 3 albums. Rick usually has 2 very different ways of doing things. It all depends on what the band wants really. If there trying to stray away from a certain sound, or if there trying to recapture a certain old sound. He does both really well actually. For example a record like ats where they are trying to distance themselfs from there old sound vs an album like the new black sabbath where they are trying to recapture there old sound while keeping it fresh and new. I hope LP go with the latter this time. Recapture there old sound but keep it fresh and updated.

RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

This time? That's something the band just did and we got Living Things out of it.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2013
    Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

I don't know why people hate on Rubin. Dude is a legend and LP are fortunate to work with him once, let alone as much as they have.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Ok guys some are going "Rubin again? Meh.." but my question is, if not him.. Who? I haven't seen anyone give names yet.

And just before anyone says "Mike can do it", I think he is not ready to produce a LP album by himself. Sure, he did virtually everything with Fort Minor but it's a different thing.

Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

Don Gilmore. :trollface:

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

I really think he can do it (he essentially DOES do it for most of the process), but he doesn't want to. From what I can gather from the interviews, he likes having someone around who can bring a fresh outside opinion. The band members probably end up getting into their own heads a lot while making the album, and after spending so much time with the demos it can all start to blend together.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

I don't understand why people think he couldn't.

Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

What may seem like good ideas/material to the band might not seem so great to others outside the band. It's easy to get lost in your own material. Getting an outside opinion on their music could be very beneficial to the quality of the music.

Lotus Flower

Lotus Flower Well-Known Member

Brendan O'Brien would be great, but Rubin has more varied musical tastes, so I can see why LP really likes working with him. Another possibility is Nigel Godrich

minuteforce

That would be interesting but, then, it's a pipe dream ;D

jare0674

jare0674 There's a seat here along side me...

I'm hoping for Brian Eno to produce an LP album someday, particularly if they ever go back to a soft alternative rock sound like MTM. I'd also like to see them work with George Martin, Danger Mouse or Anthony Gonzalez.

minuteforce

Or something that sounds like "A Thousand Suns" :)

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

His work with Coldplay is amazing.