The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Gibs, Dec 5, 2013.

Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

This a thread to talk about The Amazing Spider-Man 2, and all things relegated to spider-man. The trailer for it released just today.

[video=youtube;MpF5M-xkI4w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpF5M-xkI4w[/video]

Personally, I'm really looking forward to the movie, but I'm a little worried about the villain count. It has Electro, Rhino AND the Green Goblin. There has even been reports that Shocker might make an appearance. A bit too much if you ask me. What are your thoughts?

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

Doesn't look all that great to me. It's so overloaded with glossy uninspired CGI.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

That last scene in the trailer has such bad CGI that it's almost a crime.

The first one was my favorite Spiderman movie ever, so I'm looking forward to this.

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

It looks interesting, but Andrew Garfield is SO annoying. And I don't know why, because I liked him in movies like Boy A and The Social Network...

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Looking awesome aside from the CGI, which I'll excuse because it's probably not done yet.

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

Eh, the inclusion of this many villains doesn't excite me one bit (Spiderman 3, anyone?). But I'll just avoid trailers altogether and wait until I've actually seen the movie. Did the same with the first one and was pleasantly surprised. Hopefully it'll happen with this one too.

Dizzy Slay

Dizzy Slay Well-Known Member

1. So excited to see this!

2. The villain count makes it look like it has the risk of getting Spidermanthreeitis, so im a bit worried about that

3. Love the Doc Oct tease in the trailer

4. I think its interesting how they interpreted Rhino

Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
    Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I wouldn't say the CGI is uninspired, just a little too glossy. This looks like it will be a lot of fun; definitely should be much better than Spider-Man 3 and The Amazing Spider-Man. The film is being handled by a different team so I don't see how we should be terribly worried by the villain count. Batman Begins had 3 major villains, accompanied with a slew of throwaways.

Jesse

Firstly, this is even more Ultimate Spider-Man than the first movie. Rhino and Electro are clearly inspired from that series of Spider-Man.

Secondly, I don't understand the criticism of too many villains. So it's okay to have a handful of heroes and three villains is too much? And if you're paying attention, you can tell that the trailer is teasing the sinister 6 for the third movie. I can only imagine what people will say about that, SIX BAD GUYS, THIS IS GOING TO SUCK!!!!!!!!!!

No. It is the writing, and acting that make a movie. Spider-Man 3 had bad writing, it's as simple as that.

Gibs

There was also a vulture tease in that very same shot.

It's not the villain count that bothers me, it's that it's very clear that they all have very prominent roles. Someone above me mentioned that Batman Begins had 3 villains, and it turned out great. The difference with that is that some of those roles were restrained. Victor Zsasz had a small role, and even though Ra's al Ghul was the real main villain, he wasn't exactly the focus of the movie. It worked in the movie's favor. Having three main villains in TASM2 seems like a mistake to me.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
    Gibs

I remember reading on IGN that Paul Giamatti is confirmed for The Amazing Spider-Man 3, so I doubt he's going to be beaten, or gone away.

EDIT: Here's a link confirming he's going to be back
    http://collider.com/paul-giamatti-parkland-spider-man-2-interview/

Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
    Jesse

I read about that but I'm not sure how that changes what I've said. Beat does not equal killed. He can be temporarily defeated and then become a major player in the third film. For example, even The Lizard could hypothetically make his way to the fourth film as he wasn't killed in the first. (There's suppose to be 4 this time, I think.)

Also, Mary Jane was supposed to be in this movie but they're saving her for the third.

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

She's been casted since the first movie. I am interested in her introduction though.

Dizzy Slay

Dizzy Slay Well-Known Member

Yes. it IS the writing that matters. The more characters you introduce the higher the risk of a "bad writing" issue. Avengers worked so well partly because most of the main characters had entire movies dedicated to their character development. The more characters you introduce in one film, the less time you have to write something about them that makes the audience care about the character

Gibs

Well, there are spoiler warnings on both posts. Your fault for reading further.

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

I'm gonna have to side with Filip on this one. It's not like it's a huge amount of text that someone can just easily ignore.

Jesse

I know she's been casted. She even filmed about 3-4 scenes for the second movie but they decided to save her introduction for the third.

Sorry. But to be fair, if you're a comic fan you should already suspect such a thing happening... and I'd go back and use invisitags but you'd already quoted, so that's pointless.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Oh for Christ's sake guys. Don't assume people know something, assume they DON'T know. Better to err on the side of caution than be a spoil-sport.

Also, Filip, not a smart move quoting the spoilers. You're doubling my work.

Smarten up, guys. Fuck.

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

I'm not. :lol: I like to watch these movies every once in a while, but I don't read the comics or anything. But you can't just drop something like that casually, 'cause then it's like this:

[video=youtube;2lbrgOzBoCQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lbrgOzBoCQ[/video]

:lol:

Sorry. :timothy: