Predictions: Transformers 4 Soundtrack

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by linkinloch, Dec 8, 2013.

linkinloch

linkinloch Well-Known Member

Well, the movie Transformers 4: Age of Extinction will be released next year and, we all expect LP to be part of the sountrack. There's nothing official by now but what you guys are expecting? A whole new song, a Living Things song? Or just LP not appearing
    I heard Steve Aoki might be working on Transformers 4 too, and this can mean something (A Light That Never Comes?? Please no!)

My predictions are: They will be part of the soundtrack with a new song, and this song would be the lead single for both Transformers 4 movie and LP6 album

But if nothing new comes, I would love to see LOST IN THE ECHO but I don't believe this can happen.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
    minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

This is unconfirmed; all we know is that he's been in the company of Michael Bay. Linkin Park being involved in this fourth "Transformers" film is even more uncertain still, so ... speculate away.

Brandon Torio

Brandon Torio Well-Known Member

Lost in The echo is definitely the best song on LT, but it's a little late for that and only burn it down really fit the TF vibe. Who knows, it would be great if their song was featured again.
    Iridescent was a mistake for TF3 though, didn't fit at all if you ask me. Burning in the skies, catalyst, wfte, etc would've been better I think.

Quack

Quack Well-Known Member

I think its about time LP branched out and got a song in one of them Hobbit movies instead. I mean going back to the Transformers well for the fourth time? Naaah, I ain't about dat life.

Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

What if Steve Aoki and Linkin Park collaborated on the Transformers 4 score? I think that would prove to be a very interesting affair.

EDIT: Or maybe Steve Aoki and Mike Shinoda...

Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
    Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

I would have to see a confirmation of LP going back to this series to make an opinion, because right now I really don't think LP will participate for the sountrack of this movie, unless they would give a single out of LP6, because an entirely new song seems highly unlikely.

Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

Well, Honestly speaking, way back 2009 when Mike mentioned that they are working with some of the demos for Revenge of the Fallen, they came up with Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Starscream demos.. Why don't they rework it again and pull some new inspirations from the movie's storyline..

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

do we? I don't.

the first time they did it was cool, the second time was big, the third time was ridiculous. I think it's more than enough already.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Considering there's pretty good evidence that ALTNC wasn't the only track Steve and LP worked on together, I'd say not only do I anticipate both of them being involved, but that the song they contribute has likely already been recorded.

Lotus Flower

Lotus Flower Well-Known Member

It would be nice if they just stopped making music for these terrible films.

Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

There.. i fixed it for you.. :D

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

:lol:

Lotus Flower

Lotus Flower Well-Known Member

Is that supposed to be a joke?

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
    The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

I'm pretty sure it was. Hence the lol smileys.

To be honest, Linkin Park music is practically the best part of these movies. Special effects would've been good had it not hurt my eyes and deafened my ears.

Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

I'd love it if they wrote a new song for the movie. New Divide was so big that it's become a staple in their live shows.

Brandon Torio

Brandon Torio Well-Known Member

I thought about that, but I can't imagine more than 1 song existing and not being put on recharged. What else are they saving them for besides TF4?

Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

Interesting. As far as i knew TF3 was the last collaboration between LP and Michael Bay. Or maybe that was before Bay came back onboard TF4...

Regardless, the TF movies are a guilty pleasure of mine, so I'm certainly not against LP returning for this one, but the new film probably would have been an appropriate place to go their separate ways? Thats what I'd have thought.

Anonymous Person

Anonymous Person You promised me flesh!

I agree.

Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

This is just a quick update concerning Linkin Park possibly being on the Transformers 4 film. Age of Extinction is to have its trailer debut at the Super Bowl on Sunday February 2nd, so with that said, this is merely speculation, but assuming its the official trailer and not a teaser, as well as having LP possibly be involved, there is a chance we could hear some new music on the trailer, just like previous films.

Transformers 2007
    [video=youtube;dxQxgAfNzyE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxQxgAfNzyE[/video]

Transformers Revenge of the Fallen
    [video=youtube;uH3STHC63hU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uH3STHC63hU[/video]

Transformers Dark of the Moon
    [video=youtube;R1VdFMTw-EQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1VdFMTw-EQ[/video]

Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

New Divide and Megan Fox were the ONLY good things about Revenge of the Fallen. lol And that's coming from someone who really enjoyed the first and third Transformer movies.