Primo on A Thousand Suns

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by EastGhost, Dec 27, 2013.

Anonymous Person

Anonymous Person You promised me flesh!

I will join you in saying that I'll Be Gone was one of my favorites on LT. It was one of the lone bright spots on that record for me. Primo could make it onto ATS if it was mixed differently.

Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

I haven't listened to Valentine's Day in a long time, I was unaware of that. I guess I'll have to give it another try. :lol:

Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

Fair enough. The lyrics sound far less angst based when put in context with that line because then it adds perspective to the grief. If it were just a break up, I'd pretty much agree.

Tyler

Tyler Well-Known Member

Primo should have been included because it has a unique structure and it would make the most sense on LP's most experimental album (so far). Plus it would add to the amount of full songs. If it were on the album, it would probably be somewhere after When They Come For Me (I'll Be Gone connection) and maybe before Iridescent.

Brandon Torio

Brandon Torio Well-Known Member

Same. I've never disliked it, but it was always the one I skipped when listening to LT on shuffle or all the ay through. Hearing Primo made me like it even less as well.

Idk why people always hate on Runaway, I feel like it's because Chester said he disliked it. If he called it a masterpiece everyone would too lol. The lyrics aren't dissimilar to everything else on HT or Meteora. Simple maybe, but they still have the same vibe and all.

Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

Primo and I'll Be Gone are both great songs in their own right. I think it would be possible to make Primo fit on ATS only if it's instrumentals were reworked to fit the moodiness and dark vibe of the album. The song itself certainly conveys a dark mood and feel through its lyrics but its sound is not as consistent with ATS as a whole.

Pay-per-cut

Pay-per-cut Well-Known Member

It could've easily fit in ATS, minus the Iridescent similarities. It is funny, around these winter times, I have been able to appreciate Primo and I'll Be Gone a lot more and can't get enough of this song's discussion...

Josh

Josh Met LP 8-13-14 LPA VIP

I could see robot boy going off ATS and replaced with primo but weird decision LP made. Now I do really like robot boy and are happy they released both songs at least.