Possible Collaborations That Might Work Quite Well for Linkin Park

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Xero-G, Jan 25, 2014.

Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Yeah, but having Mike rap next to El-P or Killer Mike would make it that much more obvious he's just not that good of a lyricist anymore. I wouldn't be bitching if he conjured up some voodoo magic to get either of them on a Fort Minor record, but it'd be like whenever Macklemore gets Buffalo Madonna do to a verse. Like, he must be his friend or something because there's a wide gap between them.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
    minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

This is why I always say that Shinoda shouldn't rap on a Fort Minor album. It'd be cool if Fort Minor were a hip-hop collaboration outlet where he stuck to making amazing beats.

Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
    Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

[​IMG]

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

^Oh I was just waiting for this.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

lol We have this discussion every time this comes up, and I maintain that the what would come out of it would be complete shit.

RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

I wonder if Muse could be a good candidate... But Trent Reznor for sure.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Both cool, Muse I could actually see happening. Couldn't see one happening with Trent.

Anonymous Person

Anonymous Person You promised me flesh!

Finally, i don't feel alone!

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

I think it would be interesting if they did a collaboration with a rock artist/band. I wonder that would sound like, since they've collaborated with a whole bunch of rappers/DJ's, but never a rock artist.

Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

:chuck:

Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

Lol! Honestly not a big fan of Eminem, i just thought that was what people wanted xD

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

I notice these collaboration threads usually seem to turn into a "these are other artists I like" list-off.

As others have said, suggestions like Breaking Benjamin or Eminem don't really work because, honestly, what would they be bringing to the table? Breaking Benjamin (and bands of that nature) is too similar to Linkin Park. So it's a token heavier Linkin Park song with the guy from Breaking Benjamin singing sometimes? We get something similar to Lost In The Echo with an Eminem verse stuck somewhere in the middle? Collaborations like that seem more like they're fueled by promotion than anything else.

That's why my answer is always members of Massive Attack. Their style is so different compared to Linkin Park, but I think they could incorporate the band's style relatively easily. It wouldn't be a song that goes "here's the Linkin Park part, here's the _____ part," etc. It would really expand Linkin Park's horizons. Mike Einzinger and El-P/Run The Jewels would probably do the same.

shoegaze4u

shoegaze4u Active Member

Many people wish, if they would do it with Eminem or Limp Bizkit. Would certainly sound great, but I'm pretty sure, they won't do the nu metal thing again. But who knows?

What about a female voice? That would be a challenge for the band. But it has to be a powerful voice, to just nearly keep up with Chester. I think Gossip would be excellent for this collab. The vocalist is also full of energy. They would fit together.

Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

:sheldon:

No, just no. Not now, not soon, not EVER!

Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

I'm just going to sign off on a few I saw listed earlier, in no particular order:

Lupe Fiasco
    MGMT
    Gorillaz

Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

This was my main idea behind the thread. LP has taken part in many collaborations throughout their history but have never fully collaborated with another rock or metal band to my knowledge. I don't think anyone on here is too crazy about my suggestions but that's alright. I have seen so many other possibilities suggested and have checked out a few of them and liked what I heard.

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

I'd love to hear them collaborate with Fight the Fade. I already posted a fan-made mash-up of Fight the Fade - A Day is Coming and Linkin Park - A Light That Never Comes (I think it should be called A Day That Never Comes).

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

I kept this in mind in my list as well. You can't just lump any 2 artists together. There has to be different but complimentary styles.

Brandon Torio

Brandon Torio Well-Known Member

Where's the imagination guys? All the artists listed are similar to LP already. Bring in something that could expand the sound, like Steve Aoki did. I think it would be freaking awesome if they did something folksy like COG, with a female like Carrie Underwood or something.
    Though, Fall Out Boy and Muse have had pretty innovative sounds lately, so they could make something cool together. Even though it's something that LP COULD do on their own (not unlike ALTNC), it would be cool.

If I imagine an Eminem collab, I would pretty much think of the song "Won't Back Down", with Chester in the chorus, and Mike in one of the verses. And maybe some kind of bridge or more innovative song structure. It would be cool, no doubt. But not unbelievably so.