The Coldplay thread

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Abel, Sep 7, 2013.

RazorEye

RazorEye The light on the horizon...

Well, that's on your perspective! To me, the LPA Forums are confusing and over-organised! :lol:

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Waaat? Nah, LPA is the prettiest thing ever. :wub:

Do ya hear me, admins? Go make me a VIP or something now. :kappa:

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Not to hijack this thread, but we're always looking for suggestions on how to make this place more inviting and less confusing for our visitors. If you wouldn't mind going further into detail via PM I'd be happy to listen to you. We're planning to eventually re-do LPA within the year and we'd like to gather fan opinions to make it the best version of LPA to date :).

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Tell me about it. The football (soccer) forum I'm in even allows septuple (seven) straight posts. I wanted to bang my head with a wall.

RazorEye

You guys may or may not cringe once you see this thread then! :lol:

It's a 4-year old thread where we count to 1000000!

Filip

Worst part is... I participated.

HOLY SHIT DID THAT GUY FILL UP THE ENTIRE FUCKING PAGE IN A FEW MINUTES?! I am ashamed of my account there.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Just tell people to bump this thread, or you could start a new one in that sub-forum

Omar Ali

Omar Ali Active Member

Coldplay¿

UPDATE: This is now the general Coldplay Thread! Yay!

Based on this link(http://fr.canoe.ca/divertissement/musique/nouvelles/2013/11/15/21269206-qmi.html), we are most likely getting a new coldplay album this year.
    This is it translated in English:
    A new Coldplay album could emerge next spring , learned the Journal de Québec.

The information which is surprising since the singer Chris Martin hinted that the group wanted to take a break of three years after his last world tour, which ended in December 2012, was confirmed by their record label Warner Music .

Although the release date could be delayed , Map Coldplay is to market its sixth studio album career in the early months of 2014, we have do we indicated at Warner Music .

Martin, Guy Berryman bassist , guitarist Jon Buckland and drummer Will Champion has therefore returned to work earlier than previously thought.
    Little information has filtered about this album. Will Champion had suggested an output in 2014 without giving further details.

Title easier

In an interview with an Australian radio station , Chris Martin said that the title would be "much easier to say " the title of the previous album, Mylo Xyloto .

Coldplay released an album this spring, presumably a world tour would follow quickly.

In Quebec , the name of Coldplay been speculation for several years for a presence in Summer Festival. The organization has also never hidden his interest Coldplay and even failed to convince them to give a concert on the Plains of Abraham at 400th .

All the major festivals of the world will however in line to attract the band Chris Martin if a new show is set up.

new song

Fans of the band have still not have to wait to enjoy the original material. You can hear since September Atlas , a piece recorded for the soundtrack of the movie The Hunger Games : Kindling .

Atlas recently won the award for best song at the Hollywood Film Awards, one of the first gala of the season awards film .

More than eight million copies of Mylo Xyloto have been sold worldwide

More info: http://wikicoldplay.com/LP6#Canoe:_...than_expected.E2.80.99_.2815_November_2013.29

Shadester

Shadester (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I hope it's more like Viva La Vida than MX. I haven't listened to the latter in ages.

RazorEye

Coldplay usually do something radically different each album, so it's unlikely it's going to be more like Viva or Mylo. :p

Filip

Okaaaaay, the lead single seems to be titled ''Magic'', music video was shot, and should be coming in May.

There's no official announcement, just rumours. I don't really believe it tbh, but I'd love it to be true.

Well, if it is:

[​IMG]

You know, it's the MAY part that bothers me. Just too far away. Might be the video in May though. Idk, I'm all excited yet still effin confused.

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

In May you'll be thinking "wow, it came so fast" :bradwink:

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

New official logo guys.

[​IMG]

Filip

Daaaaamn, no more colorful MX stuff! I miss it already. :lol:

They're playing their first big show in a while on March 11th, and Coldplay premiere a lot of their stuff live. Can't wait!

RazorEye

I'm assuming the band's going to do a pre-festival and festival tour before the album just like they did in 2011? If so, prepare for another thousand live bootlegs of new songs! Also, it seems like Coldplay are going to return to their tradition of releasing an album in the mid-year! So excited!

Filip

Yep. And this is what I don't like. Like... 70% of MX was already old stuff when MX came out.

Filip

[​IMG]

The band just randomly posted this on FB. Could be from a shoot for a music video. At least that's what it looks like to me.

Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

This is more likely to be a photo shoot for the upcoming album IMO. Any who, this still means a single should be coming real soon!

Filip

Could be. There's something that makes me believe Chris is singing in that gif.

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team