Linkin Park World Premiere "Guilty All The Same" on Shazam, And Blow Our Minds Completely

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Mar 6, 2014.

1. kayelplover968

kayelplover968 Member

God!! Yes please.

2. master360

master360 Well-Known Member

cant see it, link?

3. Fleur de Lys

Fleur de Lys Well-Known Member

This album will be good. I love this raw production, it's really cool to hear the band this punk-rock for once. I can feel the human element! I'm glad they didn't go for the bro-metal option, with typical heavy low-tempo songs and "I'll fuck you up" lyrics. I think this energy could be really interesting with the dynamic of Chester and Mike on other songs. Promising.

I don't really consider this heavy, it's more energetic, really "Refused"-like. Screaming is heavy, so I can see why they opted for leaving it out here and just keeping it aggressive. Also, one of LP's big strengths is their ear for catchy melodies, and that is exactly what makes this song unique compared to other energetic rock bands. Because these types of songs don't usually contain a chorus this catchy. And it is really fucking catchy. Love it.

4. ecnaidareht

ecnaidareht Well-Known Member

Wait a second.. do I hear double pedal? Rob you genius!

5. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

The forum doesnt want us to post youtube videos until it is officially released

6. dutchsoldier

dutchsoldier Well-Known Member

This is all I need :D

EVER :O

7. RazorEye

RazorEye The light on the horizon...

This is just basically pulling a Beyonce through Shazam. :p

8. kayelplover968

kayelplover968 Member

Agree completely. This song is so Heavy. I love it!!!

9. ToTheCitadel

ToTheCitadel Wisdom, Justice & Love

Initially I posted that I didn't like the song other than the intro and the bridge all too much and hoped it grew on me.

Well it did and I'm fucking pumped. Only took a few more listens but wow, I'm rocking out to this. This sounds like "classic" Linkin Park (especially in the bridge, despite it's Rakim instead of Mike) and everything works. The classic sounds, the guitars, the drums, but it's all evolved. So I want to bring two questions to you guys:

- Do you think this is what Meteora should have been?
    - How do you guys feel about Mike producing now? ;)

10. kayelplover968

kayelplover968 Member

I did that. Amazing!!!

11. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

The hilarious fact is this is the same band that less than six months ago released A Light That Never Comes.

Jesus, talk about diverse. :lol:

12. Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

needs more dubstep

13. Fleur de Lys

Fleur de Lys Well-Known Member

Rob playing double pedal here for the first time ever. Awesome. Hope this is expanded upon in songs to come.

It's easiest to tell in the fill around 1:00.

14. RazorEye

RazorEye The light on the horizon...

That and the fact that "Castle of Glass" and "Victimized" are on the same album, literally next to each other on the tracklist! This band has just been all over the place recently!

15. kayelplover968

kayelplover968 Member

I think their music has evolved to the point where they are now ready to explore these classic sounds again and it's fucking amazing. As for Mike producing, how could this album be in any any better hands but his!! He is an amazing producer & such a talent. He's truly incredible. He's so invested in his band that I don't know how any other producer could do it justice like he does.

Keep going guys. I can't wait for more of the same (with maybe a few lighter moments in the mix).

Got "Guilty All The Same" playing over & over again in my headphones while I'm trolling these amazing forums!!!

16. Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

This song is about Warner

17. dutchsoldier

dutchsoldier Well-Known Member

Meteora is what it is.. I'm happy with it still but this is so much more. I guess this is what comes with age haha

Mike producing... well, so far the song sets tears to my eyes (of joy) so I guess thats great!

Backtolisteningnowbye

18. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Yeah that was interesting. One of the band's best songs followed immediately by one of their worst. :lol:

19. ecnaidareht

ecnaidareht Well-Known Member

Jackpoint :leo:

20. Xpeerahmental

Xpeerahmental Well-Known Member

1st listen; "Holy S$#t, this is the rawest song I've heard from LP in awhile."
    2nd listen; "Still B.A., I love it... but it feels like something's missing."
    3rd listen; "This song is good, but it's really.... flat in comparison to some of LP's best."

I love the energy. I love the raw feel and sound. I love that it's totally out of left field with the direction they've been heading.
    But it's so basic and rough in comparison to what LP is renowned for. It's actually pretty boring aside from a few nice tidbits.
    Lyrics are okay, I guess. The initial guitar hook is clunky and the rhythm to it isn't all too appealing to me.
    I'm one of those fans that would like a bit more unrefined rock mixed in with their albums, but, this is demo standards in my eyes for the band.

I love the solo at the end because it's got some dimension to it and it's frankly the tits - The piano in the verses because it adds another layer to the song - The toned down initial chorus - And the little lead riff that comes after the intro and first chorus because it's catchy and something I haven't heard from LP.
    But. Overall, the only reason this song isn't totally forgettable to me is because I'm blindsided by the fact that it's Linkin Park and it's monumental to see them pull a 6 minute metal track out of nowhere when their last two albums were so.. polished, poppy, and overly refined.

However, hearing this has me more excited than ever before to see what they have in store. LP has a habit of picking that one song that "faces" their album and I've always found those to be the easiest to get sick of. That considered, if this is the most vanilla song on the record, I'm very very pumped.