INTERVIEW: Carnivores Tour, New LP Single & Transformers 4

Discussion in 'News' started by Zane, Mar 16, 2014.

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

In a new twenty-minute long podcast interview on Sixx Sense with Chester Bennington and AFI's Davey Havok, Chester discusses new details about the upcoming Carnivores Tour and hints at new music for the upcoming album and for Transformers 4. Listen below:

[audio=artists=&titles=Deeper - Chester Bennington a]http://www.lpassociation.com/upload/audio/031614-181307_nikki_chats_with_chester_benni_0_1394732036.mp3[/audio]

READ BELOW FOR A QUICK SUMMARY:

• AFI, Thirty Seconds to Mars, and Linkin Park all plan to somehow work with one another and perform together on stage for the tour
    • All three bands will be performing as headliners and will be performing full sets
    • Another Linkin Park single will be out by the start of the Carnivores Tour (Album release prior to the tour?)
    • The Carnivores Tour title came from the "instinctive appetite" that is missing from music today which the band feels like they need in their music - As things unfold with the release of the new record people will better understand the title
    • Linkin Park wants this upcoming album cycle to be different and unconventional.
    • They want to give fans new music...more new music before the record comes out!
    • GATS Intro: Linkin Park wanted to recapture their home recording-like sound from the early days prior to working in a high-definition studio
    • The band wanted it to sound like a cassette so they played the intro on a practice amp with only one microphone recording
    • Linkin Park wants to excite their 16 year old selves
    • The intro creates a transition that simulates their early equipment to their new studio sound.
    • The band wants to find new ways to deliver these kind of moments
    • In regards to the upcoming Transformers soundtrack, Chester couldn't talk about the details but there might be something coming
    • Chester believes it makes total sense for the band to be a part of the movie
    • At the end Chester hinted at more collaborations to come

Source: Sixx Sense via linkinlock

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

I wonder if this means Thirty Seconds to Mars will be making a heavier album like their debut album.

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

Brilliant news :)

linkinloch

linkinloch Well-Known Member

I got really excited listening this interview! Shit just got serious now!

And, wooow, I'm a source :)

Denny

Denny @Jackethx

Three headline sets is a bit excessive... Three one and a half hour performances... Ah well, I supose you're truly getting your moneys worth, but it must be super boring for fans who only like LP.

Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

Yes. Yes. Yes. All of this is good news. Aside from wanting to recapture their sound from the early days. Hope the context puts this in better light as I am listening to the interivew right now.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
    Zane

They're talking about the sound as in using poor studio equipment, not the sound of their old music style.
    I'll edit it to make it more clear so people don't start a large call for old LP.

Shadester

Shadester (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

^ GATS doesn't really sound like their early stuff. The only thing it has in common is that it's heavy. But really, GATS is way heavier than the same simple power chords layered. I think they just want to recreate that feeling.

EDIT: Directed at Elaine's post.

Elaine

Oh, good. Whew. Thank ye for clarifying.

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Seems like you misunderstood Chester here.

He didn't meant the band wanted to sound like they did back in the days. He explicitely says that the band made GATS intro the way it is "to show the transition between their "garage debut" and now". That is why GATS starts of with a "garageband" sound quality, before going to full HQ right after

Before it gets misinterpreted too, I just wanted to add that the "to excite their 16 years old selves" part doesn't mean the band wants to make music for 16 years old people. It's more in the sense of paying homage to their musical "punk/ hardcore" roots (source: Chester words from another interview :) )

Elaine

Actually, Chester's words were misrepresented in the news post, which has since been rectified. Second time it's happened, hope people are a little more careful with how they edit. :lol:

Zane

Are you speaking about me?

Elaine

No, just in general, as I remembered something similar happening in Kevin's news post. Apologies if that seemed passive aggressive.

In a new album cycle phase, it pays to make sure that the bulletpoints are representative of what's actually said, and it's easy to let things like that pass by in cases such as these as they're not immediately obvious. I can understand stuff like this slipping by, and don't particularly blame you, it just pays to be more cautious about these things.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
    Zane

No problem! Though the post was originally worded fine. I tweaked it just for you ;)

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

With the way the guys are talking about the new music release, I hope this album doesn't go way underpromoted like LIVING THINGS did. There was a lot of talk with BID but once the album was released it's like the label didn't even care.

I hope it's nothing more than two singles (GATS + 1) before the album is out. A potential TF4 song will be nice though, since it'd (hopefully) be non-album-related.

BLACKOUT

BLACKOUT Well-Known Member

Does this mean the album will have a late July - early August release?

Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

No way

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

"16 year old selves".

This album cycle's "toolbox". Calling it now!

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

:chrishansen:

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

:pedobear: